Project Underdog- Christmas Wishing Tree

Cosmolo

(permission granted to post by Troy)

As part of our 5th birthday celebration, we are having a major fundraiser for a number of Victorian rescue groups and shelters. The fundraiser will be held at Clayton South on the 28th November from 10am-1:30pm and will be a great event for everyone to attend with their dog. The event will have a range of stalls, a BBQ, Santa photos for the dogs as well as a fun dog show, the Underdog Awards for responsible dog ownership and a whole lot more!!

We will also be launching Project Underdog- Christmas Wishing Tree. The Christmas Wishing Tree project will work in a similar way to the wishing trees in Kmart and Target stores that help under privileged children. The difference is that Project Underdog's trees will help dogs and cats in care with the following groups-

Victorian Dog Rescue

Beagle Rescue Victoria

Australian Animal Protection Society

Pug Rescue and Adoption

Greyhound Safety Net

Wishing trees will be available at PETstock South Melbourne and PETstock Ormond stores from the 25th November- 23rd December- more locations are currently being confirmed. Can't get to a location? Become a Project Underdog Elf and gifts will be collected from you or drop off points can be arranged. Please read the attached information and forward to as many people as you can. Help us to give these deserving organisations a much needed boost in what is likely to be a busy and stressful time.

For any queries, please contact Tamara at [email protected]

Christmas_Party_invitation.doc

Edited by Cosmolo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be awesome! i would love to come :cry: I will have to think of some cool prezzies to put under the tree :wave: is there anything in particular that these rescues need??

It's not just "the dogs" - I can't speak for the other rescues involved, but we are always in need of stamped envelopes (or just postage stamps) - prepaids for the mobile - photocopy paper - petrol vouchers - all sorts of admin type stuff that eats up the funds!

annieK

Trisven- that would be awesome. John and Andrea were promising to make a trip down last time we were there too!

Here are a few ideas for items to place under the wishing tree

Dry dog food

Dry cat food

dog and cat bowls

dog crates and cat carriers

Shampoos and conditioners

Dog/ cat brushes and combs

dog coats

dry dog training treats

treat pouches for training

training tug toys for dogs

fabric martingale collars

cat and dog collars

Really reliable recall training dvd

Good quality dog leads

Wet cat food

Tough dog toys

Cat and kitten toys

Litter trays

Cat bedding

Dog bedding

Drontal all womers for cats and dogs

Advantage flea treatments

Sentinel spectrum

We definitely need more elves to take the wishing tree ideas into their workplaces, schools etc so let me know if you can help in that way too. :cry:

What a great idea! Good on you for organising it Cosmolo!

Not sure if I can make it to your special day, but I will be sure to pass on some donations via SmoothieGirl, at our November Kepala meet, and I will show some flyers around at work t see if I can get some more stuff.

:thumbsup:

i will see if i can put up posters around work and i live down the road from KCC park so i will pop in Nd ask if they will put some up in the office and library.

Cosmolo - with the doggy shampoo is it for the dogs to take to their new homes or for the shelter? i was thinking i might donate a drum of concentrate shampoo?? any brands prefered for food and litter??

Cheers :D

Kirst, the shampoo would be for the dogs while in care with the rescues/ shelter. Thank you for putting up some posters- thats really great!! :laugh:

I think the breeders choice litter is preferred but i'm sure any would be gratefully received. It seems most of the rescues and the shelter are quite short on reasonable quality puppy food and senior food as well.

Thanks puggy!