A Change Of Pace From Cruelty To A Job Well Done

AmandaJ

In an effort to change the focus from animal cruelty I'd like to tell you about a Beardie I know and his amazing mum.

Conan started his life known as Shaggy. As Shaggy he was mistreated, ignored and beaten. His coat was in a shocking mess and psychologically so was he. When he was rescued his life changed. He has been with Selina for two years now (hes 4) and he's a completely different dog. So much so that he took neuter in show at the Adelaide Royal. He's still not as bouncy as a beardie normally is but he's happy, healthy, loved and very well cared for.

post-13159-1286674281.jpg

Maybe more happy endings are needed. :laugh:

In an effort to change the focus from animal cruelty I'd like to tell you about a Beardie I know and his amazing mum.....................................

Maybe more happy endings are needed. :confused:

Indeed! There have been some tragic reports lately. I know they happen and I'm not wishing to turn a blind eye but I feel there is a limit to how constructive it is to read about them.

We need to maintain a cheerful perspective with the good stories too and there are also many, so thank you AmandaJ for Conan's story. :confused:

edited to add..

Edited by LabTested

That's because the media concentrates on shock and horror, because they grab people's attention.

Yes, it is depressing and makes one feel sad, cynical and desperate, but if we don't know about these things, we can't protest the very very weak laws around animal cruelty and lobby for harsher penalties.

:laugh:Thank you to everyone for the kind words. I am Conan's new owner and I gotta say he has changed my life too!!! He is my best friend, my light in my life, and the one that accepts me for all I can and can't do!!!

He has brought a brightness to my life, helps me wake up and get on with the day, and lays next to me at night making sure I am always okay!!! So I have to say thank you to you all, cause Conan and I sure love our life!!!

post-37012-1287137809_thumb.jpg

:laugh:Thank you to everyone for the kind words. I am Conan's new owner and I gotta say he has changed my life too!!! He is my best friend, my light in my life, and the one that accepts me for all I can and can't do!!!

He has brought a brightness to my life, helps me wake up and get on with the day, and lays next to me at night making sure I am always okay!!! So I have to say thank you to you all, cause Conan and I sure love our life!!!

Congrats to the OP and Conan and his mum

What a GREAT story

That's because the media concentrates on shock and horror, because they grab people's attention.

Yes, it is depressing and makes one feel sad, cynical and desperate, but if we don't know about these things, we can't protest the very very weak laws around animal cruelty and lobby for harsher penalties.

pity u felt the need to chuck that in.

the laws are there and they are by no means weak.

considering all they have to do is "form the opinion" and all you can do is watch helplessly as they decide whether today they will just take some manure samples and charge you 12 months later or decide todays the day to instead, to seize or shoot on the spot. and do so, yet still screech for more power. for what?

try that on with the people who have had hundreds of thousans in legal fees billed to them for seized or shot stock their homes seized and sold, be interesting to see the day the shoe is on your foot, if you still feel they do not have sufficent power to destroy yet?

Edited by asal