I'm Giving You All Plenty Of Warning

Kirislin

Another action and portrait photo opportunity coming up. Our next whippet fun day will be held Saturday November 20th from about 11am to usually around 2ish, just depends how many people want to keep running their whippets.

Here's some examples of shots taken in the past. All these photos were taken by Pete Hulks, not me. Thanks Pete :laugh:

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - I'm not actually using either of them - who will trade me for that lens... lol!

Awesome shots! What lens was used?

T.

Maybe Pete could use them in return for his lens..?

Sorry I had to go there :laugh:

I wonder if I should ask him if he's interested. what do you think tdierikx? Actually he's a member of DOL, maybe I'll just PM him. :laugh:

*giggle* Imagine the conversation...

Kirislin: "hey Pete, I've got a woman here who wants to trade her tits for your 400m lens"

Pete: "ummmm..."

Kirislin: "what do you think?"

Pete: "I'm leaving now" (while backing off from the crazy lady relaying a message from another crazy lady)

I only have 2 lenses - the standard 18-55m IS lens that came with the camera, and a 55-250m IS lens that set me back around $300. And my camera is an EOS 450D. I don't even know how to use the manual functions on the thing... *grin*

T.

Hahaha, I think your version of his reaction would be about right.

Ok as to your camera, just start using it. You dont have to have it in manual if you're not ready. Most people start in auto, then move to a semi manual control such as AV or TV to get an understanding of what they do. Reading helps too, I bought Understanding Exposure off a DOLer. I still haven't read it cover to cover though.

Your camera and lenses are better than the ones I started with, you can get good zoom pics with the 55-250. My longest lens now is only 200mm so get out and start clicking.

*giggle* Imagine the conversation...

Kirislin: "hey Pete, I've got a woman here who wants to trade her tits for your 400m lens"

Pete: "ummmm..."

Kirislin: "what do you think?"

Pete: "I'm leaving now" (while backing off from the crazy lady relaying a message from another crazy lady)

I only have 2 lenses - the standard 18-55m IS lens that came with the camera, and a 55-250m IS lens that set me back around $300. And my camera is an EOS 450D. I don't even know how to use the manual functions on the thing... *grin*

T.

I got the same camera last week, busy learning how to use the different settings...

I've actually got the "Idiot's Guide to the Canon 450D" - but I haven't actually had enough time to really sit down and have a good play with it...

I'm having quite a bit of success taking photos on the auto settings on my camera, and I have a penchant for using the 55-250mm lens. It lets me get back from the subject and snap them doing the things they do naturally - a must when trying to photograph rescue dogs... lol!

T.

Edited by tdierikx

I've actually got the "Idiot's Guide to the Canon 450D" - but I haven't actually had enough time to really sit down and have a good play with it...

I'm having quite a bit of success taking photos on the auto settings on my camera, and I have a penchant for using the 55-25mm lens. It lets me get back from the subject and snap then doing the things they do naturally - a must when trying to photograph rescue dogs... lol!

T.

I only have the 18-55mm at this stage, hoping to get some lenses around xmas time.