I'm Giving You All Plenty Of Warning

Kirislin

Beautiful photos. I have to ask though, this may be a silly question - but why do Whippets have to wear the metal muzzles?

a couple of reasons really, to slow them down from grabbing the lure at the end, cause if they got a hold of it they'd tear it apart, even with a muzzle some manage to grab it, the other reason is they're pretty excited and sometimes they bite, either people or other dogs. Not all whippets do it, but their blood is up and so just in case we have the muzzles on. Most of them forget they're wearing them when they chase.

Evolving, I've never met a Lappie in person. :rofl:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly - she may outrun the whippets... she can keep up with my Labrador that can outrun whippets... ner! But I have a suspicion that she would rather be the one doing the chasing... hehe!

T.

You have a labrador that can outrun whippets????? Really???? I'd like to see that. :rofl:

Here's a vid of my boys having a run at the park.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32012294@N02/4883720558/

Edited by Kirislin

Hehe! Yep - Trouble could have joined in with that just fine... and for afters, she would have gone and rolled in the boggy bit, then got up and wanted more running...

One day I had Trouble down at a large off lead park and a lady with 4 whippets turned up - Trouble wore the lot of them out... and still had enough energy to go play more with other dogs. I swear my Labrador is mad for zoomies!

I think that Trouble has something else in her genetic makeup that isn't Labrador... she is way too fast and agile to be all Lab... we actually think there may be some Dingo in her "line" as she came from a BYB litter in Moree.

T.

I could believe your dog might tire a whippet out, but to out run it, I doubt it very much. I've seen mine out run plenty of dogs but some dogs have boundless energy and when the whips have had enough the others are still bouncing. :rofl:

Beautiful photos. I have to ask though, this may be a silly question - but why do Whippets have to wear the metal muzzles?

a couple of reasons really, to slow them down from grabbing the lure at the end, cause if they got a hold of it they'd tear it apart, even with a muzzle some manage to grab it, the other reason is they're pretty excited and sometimes they bite, either people or other dogs. Not all whippets do it, but their blood is up and so just in case we have the muzzles on. Most of them forget they're wearing them when they chase.

Evolving, I've never met a Lappie in person. :rofl:

Thank you Kirislin.. It all makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it from America so I could take some photos for cup week for my 52 weeks of dogs.

It won Aslann and handlers Fashions on the Field at Sunbury on cup day but unfortunately after that photo the girls got it off the table I left it on and ate his head bum and hands and I think also wrecked the harness that keeps it on.

Kirislin I have been putting the girls into training so they can look a bit like race dogs for when they meet all the whippets.

5153122662_537b0d3cc3.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :rofl::eek: I love it. I'm on a real high at the moment cause I've had some good news about a friend who's been sick and this photo has just about tipped me over into hysteria :laugh:

I think I'd like to buy one, can you give the details of where you got it please?

Edited by Kirislin