Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Let Their Dogs Take A Public Dump?

~Shepherd~

In Strathewen, we had wombats everywhere. They were peak pooers. Every large dirt mound or log within sight would have the distinctive dark green wombat poo. Elliot loved his mound run, rolling in, and eating the delicacy.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting the joy poo.

Eeeeuuuwwww. For some reason my most lady-like and elegant Pepper just loves rolling in poo (not dog or cat poo fortunately) - she was a pain when I had the ponies staying here for a couple of weeks.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a rant about joy pooing Raz. Nothing wrong with a rant. Off to change my thread title to my dislike of joyus pooing

I still don't understand what you mean about joy pooing. Most creatures are relieved by a good poo but so far I am yet to recognise any pooing that reminds me of Beethoven's 9th.

My oldest poodle boy's PB for poos on a walk is 4 in an hour. Don't walk him for two day and he can get quite bound up. I think its just his gut is stimulated by the activity.

He will do the whole "kick the back legs and run madly inside looking happy" but only from the back yard. :thumbsup:

Try getting post poo dane zoomies in the house...

Sometimes when we're out walking he forgets that he does not need to cock his leg to poo - a tad amusing watching him balance on 3 legs by a tree whilst pooing.

Edited by Danois

My girls get plenty of exercise at home, trampolining with the kids, zoomies, swing dodging, removing unwanted dressups. Plenty of time to stimulate the gut. Perhaps Charlie does have a more active gut, but being on SP food she really does not have a lot of output.

She used to run in to the middle of the oval or other offlead area, drop her head, sniff and dump all within a couple of minutes of getting out of the car. I swear she was smiling before the leg kicks, another zoomie, down to the goal posts craps again then off like a rocket to catch Kimbas tail. I started walking her on lead to the middle of the oval and breaking the routine. As soon as the nose went down after I let her off, it was a nooo. Only took a few goes and never again.

My girls get plenty of exercise at home, trampolining with the kids, zoomies, swing dodging, removing unwanted dressups. Plenty of time to stimulate the gut. Perhaps Charlie does have a more active gut, but being on SP food she really does not have a lot of output.

She used to run in to the middle of the oval or other offlead area, drop her head, sniff and dump all within a couple of minutes of getting out of the car. I swear she was smiling before the leg kicks, another zoomie, down to the goal posts craps again then off like a rocket to catch Kimbas tail. I started walking her on lead to the middle of the oval and breaking the routine. As soon as the nose went down after I let her off, it was a nooo. Only took a few goes and never again.

Howie does this every time. I think the stimulation of a car trip and having to hold it in the car usually produces that result.

Excitement can stimulate the gut just as much as exercise -some dogs get the runs when they are very excited or stressed.

My oldest poodle boy's PB for poos on a walk is 4 in an hour. Don't walk him for two day and he can get quite bound up. I think its just his gut is stimulated by the activity.

He will do the whole "kick the back legs and run madly inside looking happy" but only from the back yard. :laugh:

Try getting post poo dane zoomies in the house...

Sometimes when we're out walking he forgets that he does not need to cock his leg to poo - a tad amusing watching him balance on 3 legs by a tree whilst pooing.

:thumbsup: :D Nearly choked on me pie!!!

Howie does this every time. I think the stimulation of a car trip and having to hold it in the car usually produces that result.

Excitement can stimulate the gut just as much as exercise -some dogs get the runs when they are very excited or stressed.

Its a 2 minute car trip or 10 minute walk :thumbsup:

Now she relieves in the morning once I peel her away from the heater, certainly not excited about that. The look I get is priceless.

It's a dog. Dog's don't have psychological problems about pooing in public. :thumbsup:

It's fine for a dog to poo on public land, as long as you pick it up.

The only place I don't let mine poo is at the top of steep driveways....it's rather inelegant to have to chase nuggets as they roll down someone's driveway and have them bounce off the front door. :D :laugh:

It's a dog. Dog's don't have psychological problems about pooing in public. :thumbsup:

I'm not so sure about that. One of mine will hold out as long as physically possible if going means going on lead and in public.

It's a pain on those long show weekends. For both of us.

I'm not so sure about that. One of mine will hold out as long as physically possible if going means going on lead and in public.

I think some dogs do demonstrate inhibition about pooing off their own turf.

However I'm not sure that the converse is true.

I don't think I have a joyous public pooer. He usually takes himself off to the treed fringes of the park for a semi-private poo and looks at me with mournful cow-eyes if he needs to go before we get there.

He's done the 3-legged pooing though, proved a useful skill for him to draw on after cruciate surgery :thumbsup:

I think some dogs do demonstrate inhibition about pooing off their own turf.

However I'm not sure that the converse is true.

My bold - please rephrase for stupid me, PF. I am trying to work out just what is the converse of "pooing off their own turf"?

Turfing off their own poo? I've had some strong kickers that do just that...

The joyous public pooer is, however, a concept I had not encountered before this thread!

There are a lot of concepts you wont have encountered before until you read one of chewbacca's nutcase threads :thumbsup:

Exercise stimulates the gut - I figure seeing as I'm exercising them, its a bit unfair to ask them to hold it. :thumbsup:

I don't let the boys pee on people's gardens though - that's more marking behaviour.

I have no problems with my dogs doing poos while we are out walking, bins aren't ever too far away on our walks.

One of my dogs does one poo when she is let out in the morning and then when we go for a walk does another and I know exactly where she will do it on each of our walking routes, it is the same spot each time, and if I were to get really technical I would measure it and I am pretty sure it would be the same distance from the house on each walking route.

She only poos on grassed areas while we are walking. My others go if needed but aren't as predicatable as Frog.

My girl goes after a car trip mostly. Short or long. Because I drive to most of the places we walk/train at (I don't walk around my neighbourhood) I think it is just a combination of habit, excitement stimulating the gut, and she just needs to go. Sometimes she'll hold off and go on the walk, obviously she doesn't need to go until then.

Edit - Come to think of it, my parents' dog has no set pattern at all. She'll go if she needs.

Edited by Emm

My dogs, as puppies, did not poo on lead. I put in a lot of effort to train them to do so. I take them everywhere with me, on long drives, dinners, walks, and it is important that they can do their stuff on command when we take breaks. They are not allowed to mark on lead.

I would find it quite inconvenient if my dogs would only poo in the backyard, and it wouldn't be good for them either when they are out with us the whole day.

My bold - please rephrase for stupid me, PF. I am trying to work out just what is the converse of "pooing off their own turf"?

Turfing off their own poo? I've had some strong kickers that do just that...

I meant that I don't think some dogs are particularly uninhibited about pooing off their turf. :thumbsup:

Its a rant about joy pooing Raz. Nothing wrong with a rant. Off to change my thread title to my dislike of joyus pooing

What has lead you to conclude that your dog poos when she's joyful Chewie? :thumbsup:

The fact that one of your dogs seems more willing to take a dump in public than others doesn't necessarily mean anything of the sort IMO.

Maybe she's got a more active gut than the others. My Whippet will generally have a poo within 5 minutes of the start of a walk or as soon as he's out of the car after a trip. I honestly think he just needs to go, not that he gets a kick out of defecating in public. :D

That's interesting PF, my girls will basically take two step out the trailer or car door and want to toilet. The same if they have been inside or in their crates.

I don't think it's the highlight of their lives, they just need to go

The joyous public pooer is, however, a concept I had not encountered before this thread!

There are a lot of concepts you wont have encountered before until you read one of chewbacca's nutcase threads :rofl:

:) I just spat my orange juice out :cheer: