Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Lolafolata,

Yeah I was just afraid that maybe the dog was just going to gobble it down instead of chewing, my dog also used to be on Advance haha. Although he did learn to chew the larger kibble I guess he'll just get used to the smaller kibble soon since I didn't introduce him to it and changed it straight away. :/

He seems to really like BH but the birds like it too, since it's smaller it's easier for the birds to eat (compared to Advance), and my dog is not interested in them, they happen to be Common Myna's (apparantly really territorial) which is pretty annoying so I just feed what he eats and put the rest back.

I am also interested in a chicken variety. :D

1340787886[/url]' post='5879555']
1340752659[/url]' post='5878885']

Ha i was just about to ask about how long the chicken variety is going to be also. My girl couldnt handle the lamb.

Lola couldn't either. The other 3 are thriving on the lamb. Would be ideal to have one food they could all eat.

Yeah Abbey loved it but it didn't live Abbey, she just can't tolerate lamb, if I give her any lamb meat I'll see it again in a few hours for sure. Would deffinately give it another go if a chicken variety came out, just a small bag not wasting more kibble.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have a bad batch of BH, my dogs have been on it for a while now and all of a sudden (since starting a new pack really) Lexi has had really vile farts and burps, and Jackson has vile farts too... No change in Tess that I can see but she has an iron gut

Guest english.ivy

Maybe check the date on the bag? Could be an old bag? They couldn't have eaten anything else they shouldn't have?

Guest english.ivy

Strange. Maybe give it a couple of days and see if it stops?

Apart from that I'm not sure. You wouldn't think after so long it would stop agreeing with them.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have a bad batch of BH, my dogs have been on it for a while now and all of a sudden (since starting a new pack really) Lexi has had really vile farts and burps, and Jackson has vile farts too... No change in Tess that I can see but she has an iron gut

Firstly I will say I have had all my dogs and Puppy people on BH for quite a while now and had been extremely happy, so much so I had no problem recommending it to anyone that listen.

Recently my dogs started not to do so well, almost like I had changed their food to another brand too quickly.

I've had to increase by quite alot where previously I had to cut them all back due to them doing to good on it.

I know it is winter but have never had to increase before as dogs are rugged, inside etc etc. Increase aside dogs started pooing heaps, lots of belly noises etc which has never been normal for my dogs on any food. Then they started to eat dirt, not just a little but clumps of it and also eating the grass roots etc. Missing something? Belly Ache? I don't know.

I gave them some protexin and thrive D and they stoped eating dirt for a couple of days.

Then a couple of people that have dogs from me have been ringing to ask if the food had changed, same issues, increased food, pooing a lot more and some eating dirt.

I will add that I also feed fresh with dry but the other people don't buy their fresh from the same place as me so the problem shouldn't be there.

One of my puppy people changed from BH because her bitch started pooing 4 and 5 time a day, not runny, normal looking but often, doubled her food but still lean and also eating dirt.

It seemed like too much coincidence so I rang to check if anything in the food had changed but was assured there hadn't been any changes, so I'm at a loss, Maybe a bad batch?

I am going to give it another bag or so, from new order, and see if they settle back to normal as previously I have been so happy with it in the past and had all my dogs on the same food (young and old dogs)I would really hate to have to look for something else, I hope it was just those couple of bags and they all go back to normal now.

Let me add in no way am I trying to rubbish BH and am just sharing incase anyone else has any of the same issues and like I said I will be feeding a bag or two more to see how it goes

Cheers

Sorry to hear that rotts4ever :(

Hopefully it's just a bad batch and not a permanant change (even though there apparantly hasn't been) as there have been too many dogs that have previously done well now starting to have side affects.

I am another who got a slightly different sort of BH recently, lighter in colour and different size, so far no negative changes here though I have been feeding more bones than BH lately so maybe hasn't affected my guys as much?

My girl though now has a lovely shine to her coat which she didn't have before :)

One thing I have noticed with my lot, the amount I normally feed I have had to give more as it just isn't enough. I just put it down to winter. I also feed chicken wings and necks 3 times a week.

That's interesting because I've just recently tried a bag of BH to see what it was like and had similar problems - gurgling tummies, soft poops, and terrible flatulence. I stopped feeding it and they're now back on their normal dry food and the problems are gone.

I actually found the kibble size too small for my boys anyway, as they tended to gulp more rather than chew.

Wow, if its not only my dogs then maybe there is an issue with a batch of the food...I've put Lexi on a different food to see if it clears up her belly trouble

Mine aren't eating dirt, but I have noticed that Lexi is eating a lot more grass than is normal for her

Guest english.ivy

My two seem OK and are on BH. Though I was too busy yesterday to do a poo pick up so I'm not sure if they are hard or soft. Will check this afternoon.

Badger is keeping really good weight now, and he's back on 100% BH. He just needed a boost :)

Just read these last few posts with great interest. I hadn't really put 2 and 2 together before, but Luka's tummy troubles did start when we started a new bag of BH. He'd been fine for about 4 weeks on a previous bag, then suddenly started with intermittent really runny poos.

I couldn't work it out at the time, never thought about the fact it was a new bag, but he is doing fine since we changed to a different food. I thought it may have been the lamb content but given he was fine for 4 weeks that doesn't really make sense.

I still have the big bag in the pantry as I want to try him again but atm I just want him to be stable and have a healthy weight gain. I may give it a go with Jenna, she usually has a cast iron stomach and can eat anything so it would be interesting to see how she goes on it.