Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

A chicken wing is still lunch.

I would give her two meals a day, put them down for a maximum of 15 minutes, pick them up and put it away until next time. Even with the flax seed oil, you should be able to glad wrap it and fridge it, then bring it out in time to get to room temp for the next meal.

I am thinking she has you trained. If she hasn't eaten after 15 minutes walk over pick the bowl up and say bad luck and put it away. I can just about guarentee after a few days she will start looking forward to meal time.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah ok hahaha. Big difference in size then. Olive is probably 15kg now at 5 months. It could be a little more, I have not weighed her for a few weeks. Now I definitely think she should be eating more. your 4kg pup can happily eat a cup of kibble and mine is struggling to eat 1.5cups!!! Well at least I know she won't ever be one of these fat labs. :-)

What are you considering a cup, how big is your cup? I know this was discussed quite a few pages ago but for the new BH feeders a cup is not a regular cup, say if you were using a regular sized coffee cup that would be considered nearly 2 of the cups I use. I had a friend who was over feeding and her dogs were leaving heaps, I asked her what she was using as a measurment and it was a (big) coffee cup, once she got the right amount to feed they weren't leaving any.

Cooper who is 18 kilos and thats a nice size for his frame, he gets 2 cups a day, my younger ones are all smaller around 12 - 15 kilos, they get a cup a day sometimes a little more if we have been out and about off lead etc. they also get bones or wings/necks a couple of times a week. But i really consider BH thier main diet.

My fattys are slowly losing weight, Lacy has lost a kilo, one down and one to go. :thumbsup: I haven't weighed Bronson but he needed to lose 3. I did think this time when I clipped my lot that Tully was extra skinny but everyone who has seen her says she looks great, I think she is ribby so if she seems extra hungry I will give her some BH in the morning as well. Two of mine seem to have really great metabolisms but the other two not so much. They all get the same amount of excersise.

Hi. I use a standard cup size measurement that came with my RC. So almost a full once twice a day. Doesn't seem like too much for me for a growing pup with heaps of energy. But I know the BH pieces are smaller so I'll have to reconsider how much I give her once we get it and swap her over completely. Im going to take her foo away after 15 minutes and see how she goes. Thanks all

Hi guys, I should have thought to mention this earlier, but if anyone needs any Black Hawk Holistic Adult, Puppy or Feline, I will be at Hastings Obedience Trial tomorrow Sat 25th and also at Broadmeadows Obedience Trial Sunday 26th.

We will be carrying orders only as we will be limited with space.

So, if you require food please PM me tonight or tomorrow morning before 6am for Hastings and PM by 9pm Sat evening for Broadmeadows orders.

Alternatively send me an email [email protected]

Meg :)

Edited by dyzney

Guest english.ivy

EI - are you serious??? The courier was ripping off the food???

What an arse. I am guessing they have got most of it back now or was he selling it?

Not sure what he was doing with it but they hired someone else and my bag arrived yesterday! Undamaged too. Wendy was fuming but she was so glad to hear the issue was short lived.

And very soon available from Coffs Harbour NSW to cover the Mid North Coast/North Coast/North Western NSW. Any one interested can PM me :thumbsup: Delivery is no problem & will be getting a great rate through a local courier company.

Guest english.ivy

I've updated the first post of this thread with contact details for anyone interested in trying out Black Hawk.

If you want your details added to the first post let me know and I'll add them in :)

Just to make it that little bit easier.

Guest english.ivy

COuld you add mine please EI - Thanks :)

What is best .. contact mobile or email address?

How long does it normally take for a bag to get delievered? I ordered a bag a week ago and paid for it on friday morning. I'm slowly runing out of black hawk for my dogs I'm feeding 2 golden retrievers and a chihuahua. When I run out I'll have to go back to using bonnie adult till the new bag comes.

Hi MTS

You EFT your payment on Fiday at 11.45am, When l spoke to you on the phone l told you we do not ship until payment hits our account Which was Monday afternoon, your order was packed and picked up by Fastway couriers on Tuesday, it then goes to a central point to be sorted into area's and the fact you live some 6 hours from Melb it takes 3 to 4 business days.

You would have been better to contact me directly and l could have tracked your delivery

Sherel

How long does it normally take for a bag to get delievered? I ordered a bag a week ago and paid for it on friday morning. I'm slowly runing out of black hawk for my dogs I'm feeding 2 golden retrievers and a chihuahua. When I run out I'll have to go back to using bonnie adult till the new bag comes.

Guest english.ivy

Thanks Sherel, I'm not used to buying products that are delievered by couriers. I hopefully have enough till tuesday or wednesday, if not I'm sure the doggies won't mind eatting bonnie adult.

It took me a few bags to get a routine with getting BH delivered and often I had to give them something else for a couple of days. After the first time I kept an emergency bag in the pantry :)

I also added new details for BH suppliers in the first post. Hopefully more to be added.

Guest english.ivy

Wonder if we can get this pinned by Troy? Just thought I'd ask here first as I have no idea ..

Updated Ososwift's contact details in the first post too :)