Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest english.ivy

My two look great on it, shiny coats, perfect weight, small poops and all over healthy. I just switched my cat over to BH and noticed last night her coat has a lush shine to it too.

Have you had a look at the BH website and compared it to what is in RC?

If you were going to get a sample and swap your pup over I'd do it when you still have plenty RC left so you can do a slow swap over.

No idea where in Perth you are but Wendy has set up delivery for 20kg bags, $6 per bag delivered to your door [anywhere from Mandurah to Joondalup]. She is also away in New Zealand from late June so if you want a sample, I'd be contacting her within the week. I'm ordering another bag next pay week so I'm sure to not to run out while she's away.

From my three pets on BH, I highly recommend it :)

It also smells wonderful and fresh. My cat goes bonkers over the dog BH :laugh: and she does get a few pieces here and there.

Wow that sounds great. I'm in Osborne park so would be able to have it delivered :-) it would probably save me a fortune as well because I always end up buying too many toys when I go to city farmers! I'll have a look and compare but it sounds like it's worth a go. I still have about 7kg left of RC so heaps to do the swap. I'll get in contact with Wendy and see how my little olive likes it :-) thanks for your help

It also smells wonderful and fresh.

I have to agree. As far as dog food goes, BH smells nice!

I bought my first 20kg bag a couple of weeks ago and the girls love it. I also won 7kg of it over the weekend of obedience trials which is awesome because I have finally won something that I can feed my dogs! Last bag of food I won was Advance small breed, so I gave it to my parents for the Maltese laugh.gif

Gave my BC puppy his Black Hawk last night topped with several lovely slices of fresh turkey. He carefully removed the slices of turkey & gobbled up the BH, then returned & ate the turkey last. :thumbsup:

I've been eyeing this thread quite a bit and I'm kind of curious to try BH myself (for Hugo.. not for myself lol). I was wondering though, is it okay to feed Black Hawk to dogs that require large breed dog food?

I've been eyeing this thread quite a bit and I'm kind of curious to try BH myself (for Hugo.. not for myself lol). I was wondering though, is it okay to feed Black Hawk to dogs that require large breed dog food?

Absolutely, Sherel owns and breeds Collies and GSDs.

Guest english.ivy

Yeah it is. My Pointer is a large breed, he's well over 30kg and doing very well on it.

Sounds absolutely great then :thumbsup: Hugo needs a large breed food because of the density of his bones or something something (I forgot the details :o ) and if it won't harm his growth, we might be switching to BH :D

Can anyone tell me an estimate of how much BH costs? We're feeding Nutro at the moment, but at $115 for 15 KG and Hugo going through a bag every two-three months, we're going broke, so we can't afford much more than $100 per 15kg! :laugh:

Guest english.ivy

You're not in Perth but I pay $90 for 20kg and it's $4.50 a kg. One bag lasts me about 5/6 weeks with two dogs. I'm pretty sure it's cheaper over East?

We were feeding Nutro before BH and I personally find BH cheaper and longer lasting.

Sounds absolutely great then :thumbsup: Hugo needs a large breed food because of the density of his bones or something something (I forgot the details :o ) and if it won't harm his growth, we might be switching to BH :D

Can anyone tell me an estimate of how much BH costs? We're feeding Nutro at the moment, but at $115 for 15 KG and Hugo going through a bag every two-three months, we're going broke, so we can't afford much more than $100 per 15kg! :laugh:

I get mine from the distributor at Ipswich & the last bag cost me $80

ETA I am sure she does a delivery to Brisbane & the Gold Coast

Edited by sheena

Dju the Ipswich person delivers to Brisbane, they charge $85 for the food plus $5 delivery, they also do pickup from Newstead as well, you will want to contact Julana [email protected]

Dju the Ipswich person delivers to Brisbane, they charge $85 for the food plus $5 delivery, they also do pickup from Newstead as well, you will want to contact Julana [email protected]

My first bag cost me $85 from Juliana, but my second about a 6 weeks ago cost $80. I did pick up from Newstead by courier as I live in NSW Nth Coast.

ETA....I must have had a seniors moment...my apologies...the first bag was $90 & the second was $85. Which ever way...it is damn good value for money ;)

Edited by sheena

I was a DIE HARD feeder of Nutro for nearly 11 years- we currently have 8 shelties and one birman cat.

The condition of our dogs, be they show dogs or pets, is important to us in terms of overall well-being, coat condition, fitness, stool outlet etc.

For varying reasons we no longer feed Nutro and am happy to confirm that Black Hawk has been accepted by our canine, and feline, friends.

We are more than happy to promote Black Hawk, first and foremost for the quality of their ingredients, and for their pricing. :)

We used to pay $115 for 15 kilo of Nutro as well but now we pay $75 for a 20 kilo bag of BH :thumbsup: I a lucky enough to have a friend who lives near Sherel who delivers it to her place. It would cost around another $20 a bag to get delivered to me, so still cheaper than what I was paying for the Nurto.

I have been feeding BH now for nearly 2 weeks and the difference in the dogs is amazing. Not to mention the poo, so much less and so much easier to clean up. I also have to feed so much less to maintain condition on the very active male I have. So so happy with this food

Well I'm impressed. After emailing the supplier near us, she said she would post in the next day.. I was a bit worried when nothing showed up for five days, but I got a very apologetic email saying her son had been quite sick and she had been unable to leave the house to mail the samples.

The samples were huge!!! I was really shocked not expecting anything of that size, but excellent customer service from the rep :)

My fussy older puppy seems to have really taken to it, he is a really fussy eater normally with dry food, but seemed to enjoy the black hawk even eating it straight from my hand without having anything on it. The younger puppy will eat anything, but she seems to have really taken to it as well! So might place an order for a smaller bag to start with and if they love it and do well off it, I'll order the bigger bag going forward.