Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shelley has got a bad habit of eatting too fast and sometimes coughs cause of it, So I have taught her the command slow when she is eatting. Shelley use to inhale her food when she was younger so what I did was put a tennis ball in the center of her food dish, put the food around the ball, Then when she went to the bowl to eat I would say Slow she soon caught on. If Shelley started eatting too fast I would pick the bowl up, put her back in a sit/wait put bowl back down, Then when she went to eat again I would say slow. She soon caught on that if she ate fast her food got taken away but if she ate slower she got to keep her food.

The tennis ball works but I am not a fan of interrupting the dog's meal. Pick the bowl up often enough while they are trying to eat could result in a resource guarder! I can take food off my dogs if I want, but I'd rather slow them down with methods that don't involve me physically interfering in their meal time. I'd hate having my plate taken away from me and would get very shirty very quickly to whoever kept doing it laugh.gif

ABC- I buy mine from the health food shops. Some don't have the specific pet one but I have also used the human one which is fine as well. I think the pet one is a little cheaper.

Thanks Ob :)

I am pretty happy with my Black Hawk so far. It is working really well for my puppy, the first food I have found that is not going straight through her. I am just about to get my second 20kg bag, but would probably have just enough to last another week. I have not had to feed less, I am still finding I feed the same as previous foods so far. So that means it feeds the 3 dogs for a month. Happy with that. :thumbsup:

Well we are staying with Black Hawk, my guys have been on it for about a month and look great!!

Just bought 2 bags of my supplier who conviently lives 5 minutes away!!

$150 for 40kg of food, it's amazing :thumbsup: I was paying $350 for 60kgs before as each dog needed a different type but they all can be on this!! My bank balance loves it :D

Hi Sheryl... I think I may have started a landmine of enquiries and requests for sample packs headed your way from a bunch of my herding friends down here in Vic. Apologies ;) :laugh:

If everyone decides they love it I have indicated to everyone that I'd be happy for the food to be delivered to me and then I can take it to herding etc (as Nic already delivers to my place)... but obviously we'll wait and see how things transpire. :)

We will have free sample packs at the Port Macquarie Trial this weekend... if anybody wants one, just ask any of the officials for Sue & Murray with the chocolate BC's. There will also be some bags on the raffle table. We will have a limited number of 2 kilo packs for sale as well (for those who want a bigger sample). ;)

Hi A-B-C

LOL all good we are very happy to send out samples.

Nic will be at the Vic State Obedience trials this weekend as Black Hawk rep Nic will have samples there. Black Hawk is proudly sponsoring the trials,

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments

Regards

Sherel

Hi Sheryl... I think I may have started a landmine of enquiries and requests for sample packs headed your way from a bunch of my herding friends down here in Vic. Apologies ;) :laugh:

If everyone decides they love it I have indicated to everyone that I'd be happy for the food to be delivered to me and then I can take it to herding etc (as Nic already delivers to my place)... but obviously we'll wait and see how things transpire. :)

Edited by collies02

Hi Dobesrock

if you can send me some of your local freight companies i can contact them as quiet often they are cheaper looking for backloads

Regards

Sherel

Is there anyone in the NT supplying BH yet? I am really keen to start feeding it to my lot again but have no way (that won't cost the earth) to get it here.

Hi A-B-C

LOL all good we are very happy to send out samples.

Nic will be at the Vic State Obedience trials this weekend as Black Hawk rep Nic will have samples there. Black Hawk is proudly sponsoring the trials,

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments

Regards

Sherel

Oooo congrats and well done on the sponsorship! Wish I was in town as I would soooo love to head on over for a gander.

Bought our first bag of Black Hawk today and gave all the cats & Maverick a sample.. They LOVE it!

I'm doing a slow introduction, but so far they have just picked the Black Hawk out from their normal food :laugh:

:laugh: yes I'd say that that would be a common 'problem' Mav. :laugh:

Hi Dobesrock

if you can send me some of your local freight companies i can contact them as quiet often they are cheaper looking for backloads

Regards

Sherel

Is there anyone in the NT supplying BH yet? I am really keen to start feeding it to my lot again but have no way (that won't cost the earth) to get it here.

Hi Collies,

Off the top of my head I can think of Shaws, TNT, Northline, Pandion. I will have a look at work tomorrow and see what else I can come up with. I would really love to be able to feed it again as I can't get any dry food up here that I'm happy with.

Thanks

Dobes

Morn all, just advising that I will be doing some deliveries to KCC Park this Saturday 13th August, if anyone would like me to bring them some Black Hawk Holistic.

I will have Power Blend available also.

Please PM me with your orders.