Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My apologies to those in this thread who don't think my posting photos of our litter is appropriate, however Sherel asked.

We are in the process of weaning them onto Black Hawk puppy. Their Mum as been on BH adult and for the last 6 weeks BH puppy.

The pups are a month old and had their first outing outside yesterday.

Your babies are divine!!!

I washed Lacy in the shampoo and conditioner today before we went off to do our Therapy Duties at the hospital and sooooo many people commented on how lovely her coat was and how absolutely soft and luscious it is. Definatley on a winner there Sherel, has anyone else here used the shampoo and conditioner yet?

I have used one, but forget which one it was :mad a couple of times but havn't washed the dogs now for a couple of months as they are always in the pool. They did come up nice & sometimes I rub the YU conditioner into Bindi's coat after she has been swimming. I have also used it on my own hair :thumbsup: Just a reminder to any of my people out there reading this, that I can attach the shampoo to the bag of kibble when you order it & it then cost no more for delivery :)

Hi Hesapandabear

Noneed to apologize, How gorgeous are they :D They look so happy having a play, thanks for posting the photos i just love babies,

Thanks

Sherel

My apologies to those in this thread who don't think my posting photos of our litter is appropriate, however Sherel asked.

We are in the process of weaning them onto Black Hawk puppy. Their Mum as been on BH adult and for the last 6 weeks BH puppy.

Hi NOCTRL

Send me an email with yur details, and i will see what i can do for you, email is [email protected]

Regards

Sherel

Ok scrap that, Lucky Pet have sent me an email saying they can;t post to me for that price, i guess Darwin doesn't count as "Australia Wide".

Who has the best price on shipping BH? It looks like i'm going to run out before i'll be able to get any more up here :(

Hi tlc

Thank you for the feedback on the shampoo, we have had a lot of very positive feedback, dont they smell awesome

Regards

Sherel

Your babies are divine!!!

I washed Lacy in the shampoo and conditioner today before we went off to do our Therapy Duties at the hospital and sooooo many people commented on how lovely her coat was and how absolutely soft and luscious it is. Definatley on a winner there Sherel, has anyone else here used the shampoo and conditioner yet?

We have a few new areas now stocking BlackHawk a couple is Prime Pet Food in Warrnambool, and there is also a store in Camperdown Vic, there is a few others to and i left the info at work,

Keep a check on our website retailers page,

Regards

Sherel

Just wondering where to get BHH in Sydney? My 2 are on royal canin but asperity always scratching. No fleas and still smells like a dog not a poodle.

Hey Charjas, there is a retail outlet called Hawkesbury Pet Food that sells Black Hawk dog, puppy and cat kibble in different sizes. Its a great little shop and very friendly people run it.

The address is Unit 4 / 7 Wingate Road, Mulgrave (aka McGraths Hill). You can Phone Sandra on 4587 7950.

cheers

Sabine

I have just bought some today.

I know the label on the packet says 200gr/day for weight for my dogs.

I am changing from Advance (getting waaaay too expensive, even getting it wholesale @ $93/bag) so have mixed it through to change them over.. to limit stomach upsets.

Has anyone else changed from Advance - BH? and if so, did anyone else pick up on dogs squirting etc during the change over. I have a pregnant bitch here who I have placed onto puppy and is living inside... due to ticks outside.

I have found with other products, you never seem to need to feed what is on the label, generally less. Have anyone else found the same with this?

I have just bought some today.

I know the label on the packet says 200gr/day for weight for my dogs.

I am changing from Advance (getting waaaay too expensive, even getting it wholesale @ $93/bag) so have mixed it through to change them over.. to limit stomach upsets.

Has anyone else changed from Advance - BH? and if so, did anyone else pick up on dogs squirting etc during the change over. I have a pregnant bitch here who I have placed onto puppy and is living inside... due to ticks outside.

I have found with other products, you never seem to need to feed what is on the label, generally less. Have anyone else found the same with this?

I switched my girl over to BH, cold turkey, from VAN & had no problems & the puppy went straight onto BH Adult when I got him at 10 weeks & no problem there. I think he might have been on all raw before that. I am not sure what it is in grams, but Bindi @ 18 kilos gets one metric cup per day & Cricket @ 23 kilos gets a cup & half. They also get RMB's & a bit of meat or tinned fish once a day & often an egg yolk, & training treats. They are very active border collies & are maintaining a good steady weight on that amount of food. So, sorry I can't comment on the Advance changeover, just that going straight onto BH never upset them at all. :thumbsup:

Thanks Sheena.

Mine gets heaps of RMB and other raw as well. That side I am not worried.

My boy has finally matured it would seem and his chest has dropped. It is funny for the last 2.5 years, it did not matter how much food I gave him (4 cups of advance a day), and still could not put on weight. The last few months, he is running more now we have moved back to acerage, and he is now only getting two cups and was FINALLY putting on weight on Advance Active. I think he is about 22kg.

My desexed bitch who is about 16-18kg you just have to wave food under her nose and she will put on 10 kilos (well not 10 kilos, but you know what I mean).

Mia (Princess) is about 40 days pregnant, so I am now changing her over from Adult to Puppy for the last bit of pregnancy. I generally with bitches in whelp leave food out and let them eat how they want. Thankfully I am not blessed with her eating a whole bag in one sitting. She is pretty sensible in that regard.

I know when I moved from Advance normal to Advance Active, I had a couple of weeks of soft poo until they got used to the extra protein/fat content. I expect I may get some with this, as this also contains emu oil, which I only give to them in tablet form when they are blowing coat. The extra oil may by its nature, cause a little sloppyness.

Time will tell. One thing I do like is the small kibble. Pricess doesn't like large kibble.

I changed mine from Optimum to BH with no dramas, over around 4 days I think??

My 11kg Whippet gets around 3/4 to 1 cup depending on what we have been up to (plus other bits and bobs) and my 14.6kg Whippet gets 1 to 1 1/4 cups depending on the above as well :)

I think as a general rule if the went from an Adult forumla onto BH you would probably need to feed them a bit less, if you go from an Active formula it may be the same amount? not sure though.

oh god! how adorable --- thank you for sharing and i'm with oso, the sharing of puppy pix is never inappropriate :)

if this is your dog's first introduction to BH, then i do suggest a larger mix of their current with a small amount of BH and slowly, over several days, lessen the quantity of old and increase the quantity of BH --- standard rules i think with any change in diet when it comes to dogs :)

when i run out of BH and have to substitute with another dry food my dogs experience GI upset [despite the slow intro] but thankfully, they transition really well back onto BH with little to no upset whatsoever and i don't even have to mix the substituted dry with the BH to reintroduce it!

if this is your dog's first introduction to BH, then i do suggest a larger mix of their current with a small amount of BH and slowly, over several days, lessen the quantity of old and increase the quantity of BH --- standard rules i think with any change in diet when it comes to dogs :)

when i run out of BH and have to substitute with another dry food my dogs experience GI upset [despite the slow intro] but thankfully, they transition really well back onto BH with little to no upset whatsoever and i don't even have to mix the substituted dry with the BH to reintroduce it!

Already said I had mixed old with new and introducing gradually.