Point And Shoot

huga

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETA I love how you've made a preset just for daylight with the lumix :( Awesome.

I know ;) ... I've been known to use it at other times as well, but it started out trying to get a nice "middle of the day" feel, especially since that was when I was using it for the dog shots :(

persephone: you do so well with those macros :(

and I was just thinking earlier huga, you did some amazing stuff with your p&s before branching out into DSLR :(

perfect thread to emphasize it's not just the camera that makes a good photo :(

ETA I love how you've made a preset just for daylight with the lumix :( Awesome.

I know ;) ... I've been known to use it at other times as well, but it started out trying to get a nice "middle of the day" feel, especially since that was when I was using it for the dog shots :cry:

persephone: you do so well with those macros :(

and I was just thinking earlier huga, you did some amazing stuff with your p&s before branching out into DSLR :(

perfect thread to emphasize it's not just the camera that makes a good photo :(

Thank you :( Yep, still relatively new to the DSLR game and I like the fact that a few DOLers thought I used a DSLR when I only had the P&S :( DSLRs are a steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to get caught up in the lovely creamy tones and bokeh, rather than the whole photo (IMO anyway). I feel like I've lost my mojo lately, so thought it might be good to challenge myself and get back to basics.

Yep I'd be keen to hear what P&S cameras others are using so I know what mine might also be capable of!

Mine is a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ3.

I will post a couple of pics up from home - don't have them with me at work. I must admit it has photographed more concerts than my dogs!

I loved my canon IXUS 80IS - it was a great little P&S. Unfortunately it has gone to the big camera bag in the sky, hopefully to be replaced asap by one of the new IXUS cameras.

It took some awesome photos in really shitty conditions and was awesome for taking out with me.

RIP 80IS. :thumbsup: