A Bit Of A Brag

lic_82

Ive been doing an Advanced Photography course through our local community college. Our class is taught by a local award winning professional portrait and fine art photographer.

Tonight we had our exhibition :D

There were 8 students in the class and a total of 80 images on display ( 9 of those were mine) The images were judged by nsw & act portrait photographer of the year John Coxson. There were 8 awards handed out, 5 highly commended & 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

I came home with a highly commended and 2nd place :laugh::eek::laugh: :laugh: I am so happy :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

In addition to this I took the opportunity to pick Johns brain about my work. He spent nearly an hour talking to me about my work and how to improve it. It was an honour to have someone I think so highly of take the time out to help me.

It will take pics of the matted prints in the morning and post them up :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:o Still smiling...

Ok I was rushed but here are the images that i received awards for

2nd place... This guy is printed on metallic paper and matted with white... with the lights on the print last night he almost looked like you could touch him

work.6408353.1.flat,550x550,075,f.stop.jpg

Highly Commended...

work.6408384.1.flat,550x550,075,f.life-and-death.jpg

Edited by lic_82

Thank you so much guys :cry: My teacher has taken me under his wing somewhat and Ill be going along to a few shoots with him in the new year, not as a 2nd shooter initially more for the experience. I cant wait!

Thank you so much guys :cry: My teacher has taken me under his wing somewhat and Ill be going along to a few shoots with him in the new year, not as a 2nd shooter initially more for the experience. I cant wait!

He must think you have potential!