Tell Me Where You Buy Your Gear. Time For A New Toy :)

becandcharch

I just bought this from B&H New York as a Christmas present to myself. Ordered it on Sunday, had it arrive at work yesterday using their normal courier/mail service.

Looking forward to using it underwater, it's waterproof to 10 metres but I bought it for snorkelling mainly. I bought it in blue colour. It was USD$260 which was cheaper than buying it here, even when I added the postage.

673705.jpg

"The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 is a compact 14.1-Megapixel digital camera with a 28mm 4.6x Leica optical zoom lens designed for people with an active lifestyle. The camera is waterproof to 33' (10m), shockproof to 6.6' (2m), freezeproof to 14°f (-10°c), and dustproof. This makes the camera perfect for beach going, swimming, skiing, climbing, hiking or any other outdoor activity, or tough environment. Setting the camera for the perfect photo is easy with Beach, Surf, Snow, & Sports modes.

The camera has features that allow you to capture all the high-speed action. The camera has a fast start-up time and short release time lag so you do not miss the shot, while Sonic Speed AF and Optical Image Stabilization will keep your images sharp. If the image is better captured in motion, the camera can take HD movies. If it is starting to get dark, the camera even has a built-in LED light for capturing video. All of these features make the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 the take-with-you-everywhere camera, no matter where you go or what you do."

I've bought several things off B&H NY's site, including a 30D back in 2008. Their service is great.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be very interested to hear how you like that cutie for snorkeling!

There was a review of it in some mag I was flicking through and the only negative thing the photographer had to say about it was "I don't have one in my kit bag".

I needed it asap so I knew they would get it to me within the week, they are that good with service. However, now my husband has had a car accident and stuffed his back for a while, we have to postpone our trip for a while so it's not going to get wet for a little while yet.

:) Congrats! What did you get?

* Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD - I like photographing birds so wanted a bit more than a 200mm zoom.

* Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2.0 Di II LD (IF) 1:1 Macro - I like bugs ;)

* Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM - 'cause I don't have a 50mm lens :)

OH has said this is xmas and next birthday pressies combined :) I'm hoping by next May (my b'day) she will have forgotten this and I can wrangle a wider lens, as it will still be the kit lens for anything under 50mm for a while ;) And my Lightroom trial ends in 2 weeks.....next years xmas pressie early? :)

Awww you lucky fish, I have a canon 50m f/1.8 on the way as I need one for my assignment and then the other kit lens canon 50-250mm, w2e will have to meet up and do some photo walks etc with our new lenses ;) And I have Photoshop CS5 under the tree just waiting for me to open it..... I was really lucky as I am studying so I got it at a really good price.

I'd be very interested to hear how you like that cutie for snorkeling!

There was a review of it in some mag I was flicking through and the only negative thing the photographer had to say about it was "I don't have one in my kit bag".

I needed it asap so I knew they would get it to me within the week, they are that good with service. However, now my husband has had a car accident and stuffed his back for a while, we have to postpone our trip for a while so it's not going to get wet for a little while yet.

A friend of mine got one to take on her honeymoon in Oct to Maldives and she loves it!

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas toooo meeee!!!!! :laugh:

The lovely man I spoke to at CR Kennedy put me onto an even lovelier guy at JB and the result is that I will have my Sigma 70-200 OS 2.8 in my hands by Friday at a cost less than DWI and with a 2 year warranty. Im sooooooo excited!!! :laugh:

The lovely man I spoke to at CR Kennedy put me onto an even lovelier guy at JB and the result is that I will have my Sigma 70-200 OS 2.8 in my hands by Friday at a cost less than DWI and with a 2 year warranty. Im sooooooo excited!!! :laugh:

what!!!!!! I'm getting you to buy all my stuff from now on. well done, that's amazing.

what!!!!!! I'm getting you to buy all my stuff from now on. well done, that's amazing.

Me too!!

:laugh: All I wanted them to do is match it! I think I might squeeze him when I pick it up!

I told him he has made my Christmas :rofl:

Once he sets eyes on you I think that might make him very VERY happy. ;) Yep, I'm sure he'd love a Christmas squeeze from you. :laugh:

:rofl: All I wanted them to do is match it! I think I might squeeze him when I pick it up!

I told him he has made my Christmas :smurfanim:

Once he sets eyes on you I think that might make him very VERY happy. :smurfanim: Yep, I'm sure he'd love a Christmas squeeze from you. :happydance:

;) Not with these bloodshot Christmas party week eyes he wont!!

SO! sitting on my desk right now if my brand new Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS lens! Yeow!!!!!

They called me to say it had arrived early so I ran down and picked it up! I only made the call this morning and they said it would be there by Friday!

I cant stop staring it wondering what the catch is but there isnt one :laugh:

I have my warrenty stuff, my proper receipt and my beautiful beautiful lens :happydance:

I just carried it around the office like a baby (complete with lens hood so its looked real big'n stuff :laugh: ) and showed everyone. No one here even knows what it is but I dont care! :happydance:

Huge huge thanks to Crazy Cresties for putting me onto CR Kennedy. You have saved me a lot of money and I really appreciate your help :smurfanim:

OT - Matt at JB Elizabeth St actually turned out to be quite cute Kirislin! AND he threw in a half price filter :thumbsup:

Edited by becandcharch