I Need Tougher Balls.

Kaz

My dogs are costing me a fortune in balls.

I have one of those ball thrower things and we have a play session every morning on the beach which the dogs love.

I have tried all sorts of balls but the dogs invariably manage to crack them open in a matter of minutes.

The solid rubber balls end up chewed and mangled. I usually go through around 10 to 12 balls a week.

Can anyone recommend a product please

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried the red kong ball? My girl Tully is a ball nut, so she only gets the ball occasionally and then it is only for play, left with it for to long and it is chewed to bits! Haven't left the kong one with her for too long but so far it has proved to be the toughest I have come across...

Thanks Ness but the foam balls get mangled in the time between the dogs catching and returning the ball so they only last a session or so.

I'll check out the Kong - sounds like a possibility

I guess that's why they call retrievers 'retrievers' not destroyers :laugh: Soft mouths and all that.

Haven't yet found a tennis sized ball that will survive a bullterrierx, a rottyx and a great dane

I guess that's why they call retrievers 'retrievers' not destroyers ;) Soft mouths and all that.

Haven't yet found a tennis sized ball that will survive a bullterrierx, a rottyx and a great dane

I reckon Pele (Bull Terrier) has had her Chuckit ball for about 6 months now and hasn't destroyed it :laugh: She tried to destroy it in the beginning but gave up :p Amazing!!!!! She loves her Chuckit ball. All her dog friends at the beach have them. Not cheap but they last ;)

The Kong rubber balls don't float :rofl:

Chuck it ball here. We had the same one for over 6 months (and it was left in the backyard for some of that time) and it was still whole, and then I went and chucked it into a lagoon and the dogs were not watching so it is now lost forever! We cannot have any other kind of balls cause they all get chewed and ripped apart.

Thanks Ness but the foam balls get mangled in the time between the dogs catching and returning the ball so they only last a session or so.

I'll check out the Kong - sounds like a possibility

So what are they actually doing between catching and returning the ball? I'm intrigued! Are they coming straight back to you, or sitting down and having a gnaw?

My GSD has a very hard mouth, but I don't have this problem. I'm wondering if maybe there is a training angle you could take, rather than having to buy special balls?

Hahahahahaha I don't know Wat u n ur partner do but I don't think u need to share it here.... Lol I should not be in dol at 2:30am wen I didn't get to sleep til 5:40am the night before, my brain has been sent to insanity mode n all I couldn't stop laughing wen I red the topic title! Sooooo immature! Sorry...

But onto tough balls, the red Aussie dog ones are great, I have one of just the softer spike balls n even that would still be going strong if my partner didn't throw it in the damn not know it sinks! The plain red balls they have they give to the lions in the zoo to 'kill' n from what I've seen they outlast mostmof the trees in the enclosure! I lurveeeee the Aussie dog products, they have some pretty good stuff! Good luck, my recommendation is if u can maybe buy a few of the things people r suggesting coz if u n ur dogs r like me n my lot, if it dosent get destroyed then it goes missing! (I swear they hide the toys they are ashamed of coz they couldn't destroy them n it makes them feel

Like a lesser dog! Lol)