Tis The Season For A Competition

poodlefan

Excuse me but there are two breeds the Tenterfield Terrier that is recognised with the ANKC and the Mini Foxie who has it's own stud register. I am well aware of the seperation of the two breeds. I realise that the Mini Foxie is not recognised with the ANKC just like the Koolie.

You forgot one other great Australian breed the Miniature Fox Terrier or Mini Foxie.

The registry is Tenterfield Terriers. They were not allowed to Register the breed name as Mini Foxies because they look nothing like a Fox Terrier.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are waiting for Onsntillnflash to confirm if Ruralpug's answers about the kelpies and coolies are correct and then it would be Ruralpug's go.

In the meantime, we could keep going with this question:

Name three pure bred inhabitants of the White House, their breeds and the Presidents who owned them.

Edited to fix a plural

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

Well there is President Obama and his Portie, and President Clinton's Labrador.

I'll let someone else come up with the third.

Forgot you wanted their names - Bo the Portuguese Water Dog and Buddy or Budweiser the Lab.

Edited by Diva

Yes.. Millie was Bush Jr's springer. And Millie was (I think) the offspring of Bush Sr's springer.. so unique in being a second generation White House dog.

My personal fav ('cuz I am biased :thumbsup: ) .. President Eisenhower had a weimaraner. :)

But what breed of dog did Winston Churchill own?

(Bonus points for name and colour)

Well I'm guessing a poodle, maybe a toy.

But only becuase it's you that asked pf. :)

Brown Miniature Poodle. Two of them named Rufus I and Rufus II. He used to write letters from the poodles to his wife. :thumbsup:

These pics make me smile - espcially No. 2

ap_churchill_071031_mn.jpg

EQLDF00Z.jpg

BE029237.jpg

Another little story:

Winston Churchill is often identified with the English Bulldog, maybe because he tended to be stubborn and tenacious.

Or, not to be insulting to either man or beast, but maybe it was because he looked like an Bulldog.

Actually, he never had a Bulldog. He was a Poodle owner, two brown miniature Poodles, both called Rufus. They were treated like members of his family.

The Poodle ate in the dining room with the rest of the [Churchill] family. A cloth was laid for him on the Persian carpet beside the head of the household, and no one else ate until the butler had served Rufus's meal.

One evening at Chequers the film was Oliver Twist. Rufus, as usual, had the best seat in the house, on his master's lap. At the point when Bill Sikes was about to drown his dog to put the police off his track, Churchill covered Rufus's eyes with his hand. He said, 'Don't look now, dear. I'll tell you about it afterwards.'

Edited by poodlefan

Someone needs to ask a question.. anyone?

Here's one (and I don't know the answer).

Name two breeds that are born solid white and two breeds that are born solid black!!

Bonus points if they change colour afterwards by the way :)

Edited by poodlefan

Someone needs to ask a question.. anyone?

Here's one (and I don't know the answer).

Name two breeds that are born solid white and two breeds that are born solid black!!

Bonus points if they change colour afterwards by the way :thumbsup:

English Setters and Dalmatians are born white :)