What's In Those Fly-trap Things From Bunnings?

Katdogs

We mixed up and hung up one of those cheap plastic fly catcher thingies today. Just found Stevie chewing on the bottle, it must have blown down, and now I can't find the packaging anywhere (chucked out with xmas wrapping paper). She may have only ingested a very small amount because there was still some in the bottle and plenty on the floor.

Does anyone know what I should be looking out for?

To add to the mix, she had a massive day playing with grandchildren and eating sneaked bits of cheese, biscuits, sausages and BBQ scallops so she's likely to be weary and a bit 'off' anyway, in spite of best vigilance.

This one doesn't any more, it's got holes in it!

I think they need a few days to start working anyway. I've seen something similar but bigger and it was very stinky, more suitable for stables than suburban backyards. If I try again I'll tie the thing up securely!

We've got ours near the bins. Evreytime I put something in them I think "Gosh, what have I put in the bin that stinks so much" and then I remember the fly catcher.

It's gross when you forget about them for a bit and the maggots are growing.... :whee:

I just chuck it over to the chooks and they turn them into eggs for me :D

To refill, I place one of those absorbent pads from under the packaged meat ..in some warm water. They work very well.. but are DANGEROUS if swallowed by dogs/chooks.

We obviously have no close neighbours .. so are free to use BIG flytraps . I make them from the big water bottles.. you know , teh ones upended on teh watercoolers ?

I cut them in half , basically, and fit the inverted top half into the bottom half .. place nice bait/water inside.. put the whole thing on carport/shed roof..and leave it to work! :p