Trip To The Zoo In March

iltby

Last time I was there the young one had a hessian bag over his head and he was doing somersaults around in a circle on the platform, I was sure he was going to fall off but he didnt. I couldve watched them for hours

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

".....G-Ann - female gorilla born in Oklahoma City 1979 (Fern/Moemba mom/dad). Another great redhead with an attitude, we met G-Ann while she was at the Jersey Zoo. There she strutted and postured and showed off for us, picking up huge chunks of grass from her exhibit and flinging them at visitors making too much noise. She's great! Sadly, she lost part of an arm due to a unanticipated bad reaction to a routine anesthetic prior to her move to Melbourne Zoo in Australia in 1997..."

Great photos btw Kirislin- really enjoy looking at them. One day ill make it to a zoo visit.

Edited by redangel

Oh that is sad about G-Ann. she didn't look too happy when I saw her, maybe she's lost her spark now, or perhaps she's just slowed with age.

Here's a few more pics, I am looking forward to seeing the others pics.

syncronished swishing :love:

5520729581_63a611b525_z.jpg

5521326678_488dc7e9dd_b.jpg

Menyaru is the young Orang, he's gorgeous. I've seen him annoy his father for hours on end.

He kept getting water from the fountain and spitting at his dad, and then got up and peed in front of him. So cheeky. They were adorable playing together, though.

Brilliant photos, Lynda :) I love the one of Suma and the tiger. I still need to edit mine.

Edited by iltbyâ„¢

I love those elephant shots you got! Brilliant "salvaging"

the actual water spray shot I got, the water is in focus, orangutan isn't, partly why I put the triptych together :rofl:

oh yeh, the eyes on the surface is some sort of alligator/crocodile, this one is only small though, maybe 30cm in total length - I just had to stop by the reptile house before I left - I've never been to Melbourne Zoos' one before, and have wanted to, been sorta interesting in reptiles of late :rofl:

here's a quick video I did of the young fella swinging and playing on the ropes etc. - none of the photos were particularly outstanding but I thought they looked okay like this

hope this "guest pass" works :laugh:

orangutan play

Edited by Clicking Mad

Great pictures guys! We were so graced, in the morning esecially, it seemed like all the animals were super accommodating in getting up close and personal. I love love loved the Orangutans and I'm so impressed with the changes to the enclosures since I was there last!

I didn't realise this was intended to be more of a photography expedition instead of just a hang out with Josie thing, I hope my errant child wasn't too much of an issue :(:(

I had a chuckle when she asked Clicking Mad to pick her up and poor Sam was like "Noooo, I don't do children" :(