Kangaroos

TerraNik

these are fabulous! where were you, were they wild or in some kind of sanctuary. You got very close.

It's on the grounds of Morisset Hospital up on the Central Coast (they're wild). It's pretty amazing if you can get there - they tend to come out in the afternoon/evening. The roos just come up to you... Some were within arms length. These photos were taken with a 85mm and most are not cropped (well, except the roos fighting - I wasn't going to get close to that!!!!).

Edited by TerraNik

Very cool shots. I love the one of the little dude hopping along.

I remember driving parrallel to a huge paddock once, where a whole herd (no idea what a collective of roos is called) were hopping along and there was a very small one going hell for leather and overtaking eveyone he could. It was so cute and really amazing to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

My local roo

150111jon028.jpg

Let Tango into the front paddock and saw him belting up and down the opposite fence...kangaroo sitting just over the fence on the next block....I shot off to try and grab Tango who was still running the fenceline 3' from the roo, roo sat up straighter as I got closer..then he got taller, rocked up on his tail, flexed his arm muscles and looked down at me from his full 7' height - I grabbed Tango on his next pass along the fence and retreated...to get the camera...pic is of roo at 'normal height'......!!!!!!!!!