Registered Breeders

Steve

annie pets paradise as far as i know is not a PIAA member so i doubt it is ankc breeders who supply them with puppies.

also, any person who allows a bitch and a dog to mate and the bitch to whelp could be called a breeder.

maybe you need to ask them more questions like which organisation the breeder belongs to?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are working on a new breed you are able to place the dogs on the Foundation registry to enable you to do exactly what you can do now with the ANKC - seek breed recognition when you get to that. Allowing people to work on that under our supervision means they can use our data base to track genetic issues , health or temperament way before it gets to a request for recoginition.And they dont get to even be a starter unless they can present the breeding program and show how they intend to proceed to get to a new breed and what you can do with any puppies produced along the way is restricted too.

So you would rather support the MDBA who will allow it's members to breed cross breed dogs??

Excuse me ? Since when does the MDBA allow its members to breed cross bred dogs?

That's how I read it, happy to be correct if im wrong.

annie pets paradise as far as i know is not a PIAA member so i doubt it is ankc breeders who supply them with puppies.

also, any person who allows a bitch and a dog to mate and the bitch to whelp could be called a breeder.

maybe you need to ask them more questions like which organisation the breeder belongs to?

ha ha ha

I have.

And asked who the breeders are??? and I get told that "breeders discretion" stops them from telling me who they are.

Also they tell me the parents of the pups are purebreds with papers.....

but like i say, more confusion and deception.....

If you are working on a new breed you are able to place the dogs on the Foundation registry to enable you to do exactly what you can do now with the ANKC - seek breed recognition when you get to that. Allowing people to work on that under our supervision means they can use our data base to track genetic issues , health or temperament way before it gets to a request for recoginition.And they dont get to even be a starter unless they can present the breeding program and show how they intend to proceed to get to a new breed and what you can do with any puppies produced along the way is restricted too.

So you would rather support the MDBA who will allow it's members to breed cross breed dogs??

Excuse me ? Since when does the MDBA allow its members to breed cross bred dogs?

That's how I read it, happy to be correct if im wrong.

Here we go again.

If you are going to go on with this then you also have to accept that the ANKC allows this too. People who will be working with the foundation registry will not be MDBA breeder members. MDBA breeder members are not able to breed cross bred dogs even though ANKC breeder members can. MDBA Breeder members use the stud registry - main or limited.

ha ha ha

I have.

And asked who the breeders are??? and I get told that "breeders discretion" stops them from telling me who they are.

and the parents might be but that doesn't mean ankc breeders are supplying the pet shop.

i could have a dog and a bitch on main or limited register and i could breed them and sell them to a pet shop and what they have said is true...doesn't make me an ankc breeder does it?

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

ha ha ha

I have.

and the parents might be but that doesn't mean ankc breeders are supplying the pet shop.

i could have a dog and a bitch on main or limited register and i could breed them and sell them to a pet shop and what they have said is true...doesn't make me an ankc breeder does it?

All I am saying is that from a consumers point of view it is very confusing to get any sort of information from the pet shops and the term Registered Breeder is bandied around a lot

ha ha ha

I have.

All I am saying is that from a consumers point of view it is very confusing to get any sort of information from the pet shops and the term Registered Breeder is bandied around a lot

agreed that's why consumers need to ask lots of questions because at the moment it's the only way to sort the wheat out from the chaff

I think MDBA seems to be the best from what I have read on here and researched today

MDBA don't sell to pet shops = :laugh:

The MDBA don't allow their members to sell to pet shops. Doesn't mean it doesn't/couldn't happen. The world is not that simple. As I sit here typing this I could have a small fluffy, mated to the small fluffy down the road, whelping in the spare bedroom, cause I knew I would be broke after Christmas. A quick sale to the petshop pays the credit card bill I ran up buying Chrissie presents. Who's to know? Really?

eta extra word

Edited by Rebanne

Ive got a real easy solution for it - when you are looking for a new puppy or recycled dog go to an MDBA breeder or rescue member. :laugh:

Trouble is Ive no doubt registered breeders who are not our members wont see that as a viable solution. ;)

Not so easy looking for a GSD, you don't have any GSD breeders listed Steve???

I think MDBA seems to be the best from what I have read on here and researched today

The MDBA don't allow their members to sell to pet shops. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The world is not that simple. As I sit here typing this I could have a small fluffy, mated to the small fluffy down the road, whelping in the spare bedroom, cause I knew I would be broke after Christmas. A quick sale to the petshop pays the credit card bill I ran up buying Chrissie presents. Who's to know? Really?

but the mdba states that it does not want its members to sell to pet shops which is the point.

Here we go again.

If you are going to go on with this then you also have to accept that the ANKC allows this too. People who will be working with the foundation registry will not be MDBA breeder members. MDBA breeder members are not able to breed cross bred dogs even though ANKC breeder members can. MDBA Breeder members use the stud registry - main or limited.

Seems we posted at the same time.

By the way Sway the ANKC allows its members to breed cross bred dogs.

I know they do, providing they do not use registered dogs, do I agree with it - no.

The MDBA don't allow their members to sell to pet shops. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The world is not that simple. As I sit here typing this I could have a small fluffy, mated to the small fluffy down the road, whelping in the spare bedroom, cause I knew I would be broke after Christmas. A quick sale to the petshop pays the credit card bill I ran up buying Chrissie presents. Who's to know? Really?

but the mdba states that it does not want its members to sell to pet shops which is the point.

and my point is you wouldn't know, you are relying on that person to be truthful, to uphold the COE of the organisation they are a member of. Whatever organisation it is.

and my point is you wouldn't know, you are relying on that person to be truthful, to uphold the COE of the organisation they are a member of. Whatever organisation it is.

indeed but one organisation tells its members that they can sell to PIAA pet shops and the other doesn't so the one who won;t allow puppy sales to pet shops will have consequences for members who do so, the other obviously wont as it is allowable.

i prefer a blanket no pet shop sales to sales to certain pet shops being allowable

We really are labouring the point here seeing as PIAA has only 6 accredited pet shops Nation wide. 3 in NSW and 3 in QLD.

Any set of rules, whether guideline, COE or regulations is only as good as it's enforcement. Relying on people to tell the truth etc is a lovely idea but really, what planet are we living on?

indeed but one organisation tells its members that they can sell to PIAA pet shops and the other doesn't so the one who won;t allow puppy sales to pet shops will have consequences for members who do so, the other obviously wont as it is allowable.

i prefer a blanket no pet shop sales to sales to certain pet shops being allowable

If the org that say no to pet shop selling ever finds out about it, then there might be consequences. Whose going to tell them? Not the person being unethical, that's for sure.

I would support who ever does not sell to pet shops.

And the other ANKC allows cross breed dogs. How else do the pet shops get them? I've rung SO MANY MANY PETS PARADISE stores and ask who they get puppies from and they say BREEDERS.

And I say, what sort of breeders, and they say registered breeders....................and the cycle of confusion and deception continues.

Annie just remember one thing the MDBA are happy to accept ANKC members & hold dual membership so whose COE do they follow?

If that aspect is important to you then surely you would want them to be an MDBA breeder only then??

If the org that say no to pet shop selling ever finds out about it, then there might be consequences. Whose going to tell them? Not the person being unethical, that's for sure.

i agree with you rebanne but for me it's about the ethos of the organisation and what the organisation sees as acceptable rather than whether the members are 100% compliant