2011 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rubystar where are you????????

and so near and yet so far. Cider Bear didn't lose any points on her ring work but then dropped during her sit stay :D BUGGER!

:rofl: - see what happens when you want her to do things like a Border Collie! That's sucj a BC thing to do.

But congrats on the faultless ring work - that's getting to be a lovley habit :D

Wow awesome Ptolomy, another almost perfect score! You guys are on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm a happy little camper :laugh: Ruby fiiiiiiiiiinaaaaallllyyyyy got her first CDX pass today! :rofl: We've only been trying since last July :( She keeps failing one exercise, a different one each time the little bugger! But this arvo she pulled it together for me! Solid on her stays (except for an itch in the down stay but she stayed put good girl) :laugh: We could see the dogs through a window in the out of sight stays so I watched Ruby like a hawk, she didn't even look tempted to drop in her sit stay :D

She scored 189 - but with her mummy forgetting to make sure she did another wee just before entering the ring caused us to lose 10 points when she decided that squatting for a wee on the right turn in the heelwork was a great time to go :laugh: So with a full 10 points blown there, we ended up with 179, the only qualifier, so therefore first in the ring :shrug::rofl: :rofl: Go Ruby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The girls each have a 1 pass towards their CDX now. I'm wondering if I should start placing bets who will get their title first :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar

I'm a happy little camper :rofl: Ruby fiiiiiiiiiinaaaaallllyyyyy got her first CDX pass today! :rofl: We've only been trying since last July :rofl: She keeps failing one exercise, a different one each time the little bugger! But this arvo she pulled it together for me! Solid on her stays (except for an itch in the down

HUGE congrats and you made my afternoon when I read your text - woo hoo - now did anybody get it on video????

I am going to come our of the closet and say Ruby is my favourite!!!!!

:rofl::rofl: Way to go RS and the gorgeous Ruby - bad mommy though - aren't you glad she was on a score good enough to wear the 10 points with ease . :rofl:

I know how naughty was I :rofl: But when she did it I just shrugged, smiled at the judge, then called her to heel and kept walking when she was done :rofl:

Congrats on the pass RS!

Bugger about Cider dropping in her sit stay Ptolomy :rofl:

I have a small brag, Jovi did sorta full runs in flyball! She went over puppy jumps and only picked up a ball in front of the box but I am still impressed she did so well and knows she has to go over the jumps. I am waiting till she is about 18 months or so before trying the box and full height, but it's a good way to give her the idea of what flyball is for now :rofl:

We then did our obedience class and Jovi went up a class as her instructor was extremely impressed with her work, couldn't believe her focus and abilities throughout the entire class! Frankly neither could I as she had done a fair bit of flyball and I was waiting for her to have say "enough" but she kept going the little trooper! He came up to us later and said he was really happy with her and she has a great future ahead.......I hope so too as she is only 9 months!

Not an exciting brag as some others, but it's nice that others see her potential and she is really special too me :rofl: (Not saying my boys aren't but with Jovi she just "gets" me :rofl:)

Woohoo!! Way to go RubyStar and Ruby!! :rofl:

Congrats Ptolomy on Cider's ring work! Sit stays should be an optional exercise :rofl:

I'm feeling almost inspired enough to enter another obedience trial... :rofl:

Well done RubyStar and Ruby!!! I have bets on she'll get hers first!!!! I bet you never forget to toilet her again :rofl:

Cider's round was fabulous!!! What a little star she was... abolish all stays I say!!

My Brookie was a good boy today and won the UD ring with a really nice round for195 :rofl: UDX was um ... not :rofl: Seems every time I look he decides on another exercise to blow! Positions in motion today although he did a lovely seekback both trials and a terrific sendaway in the second trial...jackpot that one!

Well done RubyStar and Ruby :rofl: They should come thick and fast now

Congratulations Brookie and well done Cider pity about the blasted stays. I agree they should be abolished

Ptolomy well we had our obedience trial today and ud was even worse. Forgot to ask you what do you do when its raining :rofl: in ud we did lovely seek back first sendaway she stood next to me to look at a friend that was stewarding (she might help her to get out of the rain)the next sendaway she jumped the jump and than stopped to look at the friend the articles she got them all correct but the first one stood and spat it at me the second one she sat and spat it at me and the third had a good scratch and than decided to sit and hold it and did the lovely silent signals and than took her out Open well she done funny things there as well like missing a drop in heelwork nearly forgetting to sit in front on the retrieve

so much for having a working dog she hates the rain :rofl: but little ms Inka she got a first in open with 192 she didnt mind getting wet unlike her sister :rofl:

Congrats on Inka's Open :rofl: Not Ptolomy but my comment FWIW...If I'm in that situation I will do one of two things... if the dog is trying but just makes a mistake I will keep going and help the dog. If, on the other hand, it is going pear shaped and getting ugly I will withdraw. To me, permission to do the next exercise (or part thereof) is the reward for the previous one. For example if the dog doesn't sit in front there is no way I will give a finish signal...same with spitting the article out... opportunity to complete the exercise is lost along with the chance of reward. A lot depends on the dog's frame of mind.

Congratulations Brookie and well done Cider pity about the blasted stays. I agree they should be abolished

Ptolomy well we had our obedience trial today and ud was even worse. Forgot to ask you what do you do when its raining :rofl: in ud we did lovely seek back first sendaway she stood next to me to look at a friend that was stewarding (she might help her to get out of the rain)the next sendaway she jumped the jump and than stopped to look at the friend the articles she got them all correct but the first one stood and spat it at me the second one she sat and spat it at me and the third had a good scratch and than decided to sit and hold it and did the lovely silent signals and than took her out Open well she done funny things there as well like missing a drop in heelwork nearly forgetting to sit in front on the retrieve

so much for having a working dog she hates the rain :rofl: but little ms Inka she got a first in open with 192 she didnt mind getting wet unlike her sister :rofl:

Congrats on Inka's Open :rofl: Not Ptolomy but my comment FWIW...If I'm in that situation I will do one of two things... if the dog is trying but just makes a mistake I will keep going and help the dog. If, on the other hand, it is going pear shaped and getting ugly I will withdraw. To me, permission to do the next exercise (or part thereof) is the reward for the previous one. For example if the dog doesn't sit in front there is no way I will give a finish signal...same with spitting the article out... opportunity to complete the exercise is lost along with the chance of reward. A lot depends on the dog's frame of mind.

I normally do pull out after a stuff up and not continue on but I thought today shall continue on I think when there is the rain I shall have to go out there and do some work and reward

I am going to post a woo hoo for both Bedazzled and Caffy

Brookie came oh so close to a UDX pass today but for the last exercise - where he ran a straight line out to the blind retrieve and then wouldn't pick it up because it had the stewards scent all over it. It was also put in the same place where the seekback decoy was placed - but his work in all the other UDX bits was top notch - well done mate :)

Caffy's boy Snazzy worked a beautiful open round - his DOR was magnificent, I liked his heelwork :) only to fail the last exercise - bugger!

Mason was a very good boy today and so was Ruby - brags to follow.......

Edited by Ptolomy

Well done everyone, seems like it was a successful day today.

Ava got her final CCD pass at the ACT Obedience Titles today with a score of 93. Her heeling was quite average (we had to wait quite a few hours until CCD so she was a bit flat) but she was a very good girl in the stays when the dog next to her broke and there were kids running up and down the edge of the ring. :)

Onwards and upwards to Novice and I can get rid of the silly leash! YAY!

Well done everyone, seems like it was a successful day today.

Ava got her final CCD pass at the ACT Obedience Titles today with a score of 93. Her heeling was quite average (we had to wait quite a few hours until CCD so she was a bit flat) but she was a very good girl in the stays when the dog next to her broke and there were kids running up and down the edge of the ring. :thumbsup:

Onwards and upwards to Novice and I can get rid of the silly leash! YAY!

Well done Wuffles you can have a ceremonial burning of the leash and yep onto novice you go. Nice score too ;)

Edited by Ptolomy