2011 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Ramses and I finished our CCD tonight with 99/100!!!!!!! FIRST PLACE!!!

Gees not bad for somebody who hasn't trained for a couple of weeks - Super well done onto novice you go.:thumbsup:

Well done Bedazzled. I am looking forward to coming home and catching up with you, Caffy and Rubystar for some distraction training ;)

Yep happy with the Occassionally Clever one tonight 2nd in UD with 193 and 2nd in Open with 194. If we manage to get a flight home he will go back with some excess baggage due to all the jackpots he has had.

Edited by Ptolomy

Brookie won UD today. Not a great round but a quallie and a win none the less :) Thanks to RubyStar for standing in for the group stays. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

edit spelling

Congrats!!! Geez that made me nervous stewarding UD :laugh: Interesting observations though standing in with Ruby. Naturally she stayed on lead and I stayed with her, but she looked anxious towards where you guys had disappeared to like I had gone too.... um hello Ruby, I am still standing right next to you!!!! Little cow decided to jump up just as you guys returned around the back of your dogs :rolleyes: She wanted to say hello to G. Lucky she was on lead so she couldn't go anywhere. Did I mention little cow?! :rofl: She did get a jackpot though, she thought she did good. And she did, first 7 minute down stay of her life I think :)

Well Ramses and I finished our CCD tonight with 99/100!!!!!!! FIRST PLACE!!!

Woohoo that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope someone got it on video for you and I hope you share! A score that great certainly deserves boasting about :D

Well done Bedazzled. I am looking ward to coming home and catching up with you, Caffy and Rubystar for some distraction training ;)

Yep happy with the Occassionally Clever one tonight 2nd in UD with 193 and 2nd in Open with 194. If we manage to get a flight home he will go back with some excess baggage due to all the jackpots he has had.

Congrats Scoota you clever boy you! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to upping the distractions for Ruby. I'm pumped to train so BRING IT ON :D

Super well done spoiltlab!!! See sometimes a break from training can be beneficial.

Nice to see you again Ptolomy. The boy did good! I just love his ring attitude especially for UDX. We have some interesting judges here in the east don't we?

. We have some interesting judges here in the east don't we?

Ummmmmmmm YES! Thankfully the majority do actually want you to pass :eek: I do have to say I learnt a few new judges percularities last night ;)

Good to see you too kathq - hopefully not too much longer until you get your arm out of a sling and you can do a proper recall signal :D

:thumbsup: That's super, sllh - and so nice to get those comments, as well as your great !!!! score.

And well done Brookie (and Ruby LOL) and the Scoota man - so are you going to make the swimming in the dam his normal pre-trial training routine from noe on Prolomy - nice work for a holiday lad.

Mr Rory had his first (mock) Advanced Rally trial today - happy with his 93 - 3rd placing - considering that I had to retry his Moving Down (normal obedience downs but they were optional extras today :laugh:) in the Novice ring as well. The retry cost us 3 points, and we lost a few singles - including a bit sloppy performance of the offset figure 8 (with toys as the distractors) - thank goodness for being able to talk to him in Rally. In spite of the distinct lack of more than one down per round, he did some nice work in the Novice rings - better in the afternoon than this morning. Now to try to get his stays ready.

Mr Rory had his first (mock) Advanced Rally trial today - happy with his 93 - 3rd placing - considering that I had to retry his Moving Down (normal obedience downs but they were optional extras today :laugh:) in the Novice ring as well. The retry cost us 3 points, and we lost a few singles - including a bit sloppy performance of the offset figure 8 (with toys as the distractors) - thank goodness for being able to talk to him in Rally. In spite of the distinct lack of more than one down per round, he did some nice work in the Novice rings - better in the afternoon than this morning. Now to try to get his stays ready.

Advanced Rally mock trial WOW - so no excuses for not tackling CCD - well apart from those blasted stays. Well done to you and your little big man :thumbsup:

:rofl: Of course you can talk to them and even pat them in Rally O, which makes a bit of a difference :rofl: . But he does have 1 CCD pass, from early in the year, and he's been doing the individual work in CD in trials - I just pull him from stays. Pity, cos he has 4 'passes' in CD - in the ring work - though not up to the standard I would like to get. Getting better though.

It was interesting in today's trial that doing the Rally O in the Mock trial in the lunch break didn't have any negative impact on the dogs performance in the Obedience trial ring in the afternoon trial - in fact, most dogs improved from the morning - which is great.

Well done everyone on the previous results - good to see some new faces in here as well :thumbsup:

We've had an awesome weekend with a double back to back trial - ended up only running Darcy as Zee is recovering from a corked thigh :(

Darcy and I did 12 Masters runs for the weekend, 6 passes with 2 x 1st, 1 x 2nd, 2 x 3rds in JDM and no DQs all weekend :D The NQs were all dropped bars, some sensational runs in there as well but just silly handling choices on my part mostly.

Last run of the day was the most fun - a judge down here always seems to judge JDM Sunday PM for this trial and always does a huge speed circle type course with some killer discriminations for the last run of the weekend. Amazing how the entire agility trial seems to gather around to watch and cheer and groan as people go clear or blow it. Creates the most awesome atmosphere :D My favourite judge told me he stopped his ring especially to watch Darcy and my run - glad we went clear :o:eek:

Edited by Jess.

Fantastic score SLLH! Well done! The no training technique seems to work well for a few people :laugh:

Well done Ptolomy and Scoota with the second places!

And Bedazzled for the UD win.

Tassie by the time you get to a real Rally O trial you and Rory will be pros!

Wow Jess that sounds intense!! 12 Masters runs - jeepers!! Congrats on the brilliant results!

Well done on your pass yesterday MG - I heard it was very windy?

Hope I didn't forget anyone!

Back from a long warm day at our first agility trial in 8 weeks, Kyzer had a few terrible moments :rofl: But he pulled out his best stuff for his ADX run - I nearly fell over with shock :laugh: He was speedy, responsive, happy and accurate and everything I hope for when running him - if only I could work out how I got him to do it :confused::rofl: Bring on the night trials next weekend and beyond :thumbsup:

Ditto to all amypie's list of congrats... I'm far too tired to go back and get all the names for myself! :laugh:

Long weekend is over and I am far from rested. Today's agility trial was exhausting. There for 10 hours but it was a great day :) Ruby got a clear round in Excellent Jumping and 2nd place. Millie got a clear round in Open Jumping but after faffing about before getting her into the weaves, we ended up over time by 2 seconds :(

:thumbsup: DOLers and their dogs seem to have had a super weekend - well done guys.

Jess. - sounds like it was a great weekend for you and Darcy - so impressed with the no DQs - and the high Q rate. (I thought I was doing well getting my DQ rate down to 25% last weekend :laugh: .) That last course sounds like a blast - and great that you and Darcy went clear. To me, that's the sort of thing agility should be about - dogs and handlers having a heck of a good time.