2011 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will have my little brag. :laugh: I have just come back from a bike ride with Toby... the brag is that his bike phonia was so intensive last year I had a behaviourist out to help us with the issue and today I had him running next to the bike without stressing or worrying... and it wasn't a one off! We have been on a few rides this week!:thumbsup: A big :( for clicker conditioning!

Going back in November I had him slip his collar and run out into the road because there was a bike 100m up the road - this was the height of his fear.. so I am very pleased thats one less anxiety my nervey dog has now. (Yes I know I have been on about this in a few threads :laugh: but it is really such a big thing to me!)

RS Mille and Ruby look very nice! They run at a pace similar to Toby... isn't it nice not having to sprint :laugh:

Woo Hoo BIG Click and Treat to you Rally Valley for all your hard efforts and for not giving up. Toby is a lucky boy to have you as his mum :D

I thought you did a great job RS- Ruby particularly looked great too! I think when dogs are running well, handing becomes alot easier and it begins to look more effortless (even though we know thats so not true!)

LOL. I think it does become easier because you baby sit less and trust more and you don't get lost as often.

It also gets harder as the dogs drive more because it puts more pressure on you to get to the right spot and improve your timing.

If ever I come back as an agility novice there is no way I will be trying to learn with a BC. I will pick a dog I can actually keep up with!

I'm off to start another thread!

I will have my little brag. :laugh: I have just come back from a bike ride with Toby... the brag is that his bike phonia was so intensive last year I had a behaviourist out to help us with the issue and today I had him running next to the bike without stressing or worrying... and it wasn't a one off! We have been on a few rides this week!:laugh: A big :( for clicker conditioning!

Going back in November I had him slip his collar and run out into the road because there was a bike 100m up the road - this was the height of his fear.. so I am very pleased thats one less anxiety my nervey dog has now. (Yes I know I have been on about this in a few threads :thumbsup: but it is really such a big thing to me!)

RS Mille and Ruby look very nice! They run at a pace similar to Toby... isn't it nice not having to sprint :laugh:

That is AWESOME. Sometimes the biggest thrills come from conquering things like this. A lot of what we brag about in there is really inconsequential in the scheme of things, this really matters. I don't think it is a small brag at all. It is massive, having a dog that can be fearful of the silliest things - to the point of almost being paralysed - I know how much work you've put in to this! :laugh: :D

Great work RV! Getting a dog to overcome a fear like that is a huge deal! are you wanting to work towards doing an ET with him?

If ever I come back as an agility novice there is no way I will be trying to learn with a BC. I will pick a dog I can actually keep up with!

I am very thankful for my slow hound!! She is a good learner dog in many ways :( :D

Edited by huski

I thought you did a great job RS- Ruby particularly looked great too! I think when dogs are running well, handing becomes alot easier and it begins to look more effortless (even though we know thats so not true!)

LOL. I think it does become easier because you baby sit less and trust more and you don't get lost as often.

It also gets harder as the dogs drive more because it puts more pressure on you to get to the right spot and improve your timing.

I'm off to start another thread!

I know what you both mean. While Ruby is still inexperienced, she has a lot more confidence in what she is doing than Millie does, and in turn, I have more confidence in her with the way I run the course. I don't have to babysit obstacles as closely as I do with Millie. It feels like it flows so much easier with Ruby and quite a challenge with Millie :thumbsup: Watching Ruby's video back, I think running it FELT cleaner than it actually looked if that makes any sense.

I'm going to be doing classes with Millie this year so hopefully she will soon have the same confidence in running a course like Ruby does :wave:

Congratulations everyone... great start to the year!!!!!!!

I have a little brag of my own. After not training much at all over the wet Christmas break I went into yesterday's trial expecting an unfocused cocker that blew her contacts. As usual she had to prove me wrong and came home with 4 Q's from 4 runs :thumbsup: :D :wave: We've had 3 from 4 before, but never 4 from 4 and certainly not when we were soooo rusty. I even got a couple of stopped 2 on 2 off contacts which is pretty rare in trials. Bring on 2011 I say!!!!!!!

I have a little brag of my own. After not training much at all over the wet Christmas break I went into yesterday's trial expecting an unfocused cocker that blew her contacts. As usual she had to prove me wrong and came home with 4 Q's from 4 runs :thumbsup: :D :wave: We've had 3 from 4 before, but never 4 from 4 and certainly not when we were soooo rusty. I even got a couple of stopped 2 on 2 off contacts which is pretty rare in trials. Bring on 2011 I say!!!!!!!

Wasn't there the small matter of a multiple title? :D

I have a little brag of my own. After not training much at all over the wet Christmas break I went into yesterday's trial expecting an unfocused cocker that blew her contacts. As usual she had to prove me wrong and came home with 4 Q's from 4 runs :D :) :) We've had 3 from 4 before, but never 4 from 4 and certainly not when we were soooo rusty. I even got a couple of stopped 2 on 2 off contacts which is pretty rare in trials. Bring on 2011 I say!!!!!!!

Wasn't there the small matter of a multiple title? :)

LOL Oh yeah, I forgot, it was our ADO2 title as well... our first multiplier ;)

Congrats to everyone...

Nicole thats awesome with Lomani, She has got you guys off to a flying start and AD congrats I didnt see any of your runs on the day but they looked awesome on Vid.

Well we had a few near misses and alot of things to think about for the start of 2011

Den got a Q in Masters jumping giving him 3/7 :) yay! His first ever masters agility round I could have kicked him and myself.. Last obsticale nope sorry mum forgot how to do the broard.. his ADO round I could have cried too NAILED the exclusion zone and both sets of contacts LOVELY running dogwalk :D and brillaint 2o2o aframe All for one Lousy bar!!! and JDO well that was the usual confusion and muddles lol!

here are the runs from yesterday

Congrats to everyone...

Nicole thats awesome with Lomani, She has got you guys off to a flying start and AD congrats I didnt see any of your runs on the day but they looked awesome on Vid.

Well we had a few near misses and alot of things to think about for the start of 2011

Den got a Q in Masters jumping giving him 3/7 :happydance: yay! His first ever masters agility round I could have kicked him and myself.. Last obsticale nope sorry mum forgot how to do the broard.. his ADO round I could have cried too NAILED the exclusion zone and both sets of contacts LOVELY running dogwalk :happydance2: and brillaint 2o2o aframe All for one Lousy bar!!! and JDO well that was the usual confusion and muddles lol!

here are the runs from yesterday

Well done - you guys looked like you were going really well! ;)

I have a little brag of my own. After not training much at all over the wet Christmas break I went into yesterday's trial expecting an unfocused cocker that blew her contacts. As usual she had to prove me wrong and came home with 4 Q's from 4 runs :(:laugh: :laugh: We've had 3 from 4 before, but never 4 from 4 and certainly not when we were soooo rusty. I even got a couple of stopped 2 on 2 off contacts which is pretty rare in trials. Bring on 2011 I say!!!!!!!

WOW That is a brilliant effort! 100% hit rate!! I'm afraid the best we have had was 2/4 :) My dog is bipolar :(

Do you have any video :( Wish we had cockers doing agility here :)

I have a little brag of my own. After not training much at all over the wet Christmas break I went into yesterday's trial expecting an unfocused cocker that blew her contacts. As usual she had to prove me wrong and came home with 4 Q's from 4 runs :(:laugh: :laugh: We've had 3 from 4 before, but never 4 from 4 and certainly not when we were soooo rusty. I even got a couple of stopped 2 on 2 off contacts which is pretty rare in trials. Bring on 2011 I say!!!!!!!

WOW That is a brilliant effort! 100% hit rate!! I'm afraid the best we have had was 2/4 :) My dog is bipolar :(

Do you have any video :( Wish we had cockers doing agility here ;)

Unfortunately we forgot our camera, but our goal for this year is to video our runs frequently so I'm sure I will have some to share soon. I so wish that we had recorded our JDM run from Saturday as it was one of those runs that just felt sooooo good - that's not the one you saw on video was it Smisch :fingerscrossed: . I'm too superstitious though and so far we have never recorded a qualifying run, in fact in most the runs we have videoed we mess up by obstacle 5 :)

Congrats on your great runs with Denver, Smisch... he is running sooo nicely for such a young dog, just imagine how fantastic he will be with a bit more practice under his belt!!!

First trial of the year last night. Both puppies ran really nicely, but only CK had a card and second place in JDX. (Both handler impaired.)

Apart from being 3 years late of the first front cross it was a great run. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

Wow look at CK go!! Recovered nicely from his rocky start :laugh: Looked like a nice course.

I will have my little brag. ;) I have just come back from a bike ride with Toby... the brag is that his bike phonia was so intensive last year I had a behaviourist out to help us with the issue and today I had him running next to the bike without stressing or worrying... and it wasn't a one off! We have been on a few rides this week!:) A big :( for clicker conditioning!

Going back in November I had him slip his collar and run out into the road because there was a bike 100m up the road - this was the height of his fear.. so I am very pleased thats one less anxiety my nervey dog has now. (Yes I know I have been on about this in a few threads :) but it is really such a big thing to me!)

Well done Valley & Toby :laugh: What a turnaround!!

I think when dogs are running well, handing becomes alot easier and it begins to look more effortless (even though we know thats so not true!)

So true, my Mum was with me at the trial on Saturday and it's funny listening to an outsider's point of view, she said "why don't these people run faster, I notice the dogs with faster people do better than the ones with slow people" :( Aaahh if only it was that easy :(

Unfortunately we forgot our camera, but our goal for this year is to video our runs frequently so I'm sure I will have some to share soon. I so wish that we had recorded our JDM run from Saturday as it was one of those runs that just felt sooooo good - that's not the one you saw on video was it Smisch :fingerscrossed: . I'm too superstitious though and so far we have never recorded a qualifying run, in fact in most the runs we have videoed we mess up by obstacle 5 :(

Congrats on your great runs with Denver, Smisch... he is running sooo nicely for such a young dog, just imagine how fantastic he will be with a bit more practice under his belt!!!

Brilliant! I think the trick is to have someone secretly filming it without you knowing :laugh: OR just keep filming every single one - you are bound to get a clear round eventually and break the curse! :laugh: