Em's Early Retrieving Training

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! She is a teensy tiny bit cute :D

I need to video her more as I don't always appreciate how much fun she is when I'm trying to nut out how to train something!

Cos - I do owe you for the Bowen......speaking of which, how sweet is D's little pup!

huski - plenty of time to come to include some madness in your life :thumbsup:

She is super cute. I assume this for retrieving trials?

Yes it is JulesP - big learning curve for me! At the moment her baby puppy retrieves are on flat, mowed ground only at about 50 metres. For those who are unaware, eventually she will have to retrieve on heavily covered, undulating ground, over/in water at around 300m. Hopefully we will introduce her to retrieving a bird soon - imagine her excitement then! And can you imagine her disgust when she has to do a dumbbell retrieve for obedience? :(

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Wow that was really great :D thanks for putting it up ;)

Thanks raineth :rofl: I'm glad you enjoyed it!

This is such a fascinating journey, watching pup's instinct start to kick in. Up until now she has been fairly ho-hum about water and swimming, which surprised me. Today I was at a local park and lake which has a large population of bird life. One look at the duck in the distance and Little Em suddenly grew webbed feet! I think she has found her inner fish :)

EmLilydaleLake.jpg