Please Welcome Lukey

newfsie

Now we have a new boy......Lucas/Lukey. He was one of our Breeders Dogs, who went to Kempsey. Owner left him with De facto and did not return from the UK. She was going to take him the the pound. Pound suggested return to breeder. I am not sure what happened. He is very timid and worried and even scared to walk into the house. Once in he is fine. it is as if he has been told off all the time, for just doing anything. He sniffs at something and you look at him and he cowers, poor boy. Not sure who the cause is. Our Breeder took him back again, he is quite happy with her and the Kennel maid. He now loves Mike and happy with me. Our dogs are good with him. He is quite handsome. We need to make him happy and smiley again. he had no timidity as a pup. So that is a plus

So he is ours now to keep. Our breeder has written a contract where we can keep him, forever and use him as a Breeder (as long as checked with her I doubt we will LOL) and she might use him a couple of times. If he gets confident again ( no character fault, but environment fault). So we took Lukey. Lukey slept next to Mike's side of the bed next to Annabelle our other rescue newf. I think he will settle in. We will use some Agility and fun, to get him happy again :-)

Luke hates the camera

2205476820048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

2219018370048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

I know it is blurry, but it is kinda cute........

Edited by newfsie

thats what I thought about the pound as well :provoke:

what a large handsome boy :provoke:

he does look sad though :laugh: I'm sure though in no time he will have a big :o on his face when he realises that there are some caring humans in the world :bottom:

What a lucky boy to have found his way to you!! And I agree - kudos to the pound for their recommendation.

I'm sure he'll be out of his shell in no time, how could he not be with all that love?! I'm sure his breeder remembers his basic temperament, so is in a good position to make a call on it.

He's got such a beautiful face!! :provoke:

Lovely boy.

Will all due respect you don't know if his temperament is environmental or not, you can only make the assumption at this time, that will be something you will have to wait and see on.

Yep we know....that is why we have to wait and see. we do know however that he was a forward happy pup at nine weeks. as all pups temperament are recorded. So it is wait and see.

If he stays timid and/or anxious he will be desexed and never bred. That is how our breeder feels about it. Happy, confident easy going is a big part of being a newf.

Mind you the difference today is already amazing.....he now comes happily inside and is lying at my feet as I type. One newf on my left foot and one on my right.

He will come with us to obedience on Tuesday and we will see how he is with other people too. We have a lot of dog savvy friends, who know what to do around dogs.

He loves other dogs and has no interest in chickens, ducks and horses all good signs :provoke:

I bet he'd like to go for a swim, that would make him happy wouldn't it?

I thought that, too! Our young relatives' Newfy used to love to go swimming. He'd circle them all the time, ready to save them. :D

Your new boy is absolutely beautiful.

Edited by mita