Air Whippet

Kirislin

thanks! You've got those jolly little clowns though, I can never get such cute shots of mine.

Here's the little speed demon herself, Feather, all 9 kilos of her. All these pics were taken on our walk today, it's never boring watching a whippet in flight, I know Clicking Mad can vouch for that now too.

She reminds me of a motobike cornering in these shots.

5463452981_23fa261af7_z.jpg5464054528_7f91f052d6_z.jpg5464055674_3cc2de7853_z.jpg5464056834_7b75f2c2c2_z.jpg5463457615_491264a9fd_z.jpg

see how her lips are pursed in this last pic? That's the face she pulls as she's closing in for the kill. :thumbsup:

5464059184_e5aa1da2db_z.jpg

lol, great shots K :rofl:

see how her lips are pursed in this last pic? That's the face she pulls as she's closing in for the kill. :rofl:

That's what my grey used to do when she was getting ready to pick a (play) fight with my spaniel :rofl: I love your photos, but they do make me miss my girl Frida back home :cry: Nothing quite like watching sight hounds run and play :rofl:

Thanks everyone. Yep whippets can jump pretty high if they want. I know of people who've deliberately crossed whippets and kelpies purely to breed a high jump dog for comps.

Feather is almost 9 years old and still very fast. She would have been a good racer but when I raced her at Tooradin on the round sand track, she split the webbing in her feet so I had to stop. She only had a short career but was looking promising. Her racing name was "The Blue Flyer" She's probably the fastest of all my whippets now, she can certainly run the big goofy boys down. Penny used to be the quickest but she's almost 12 and although very fit and healthy I suspect she's slowed quite a bit.