Are Your Dogs People Magnets?

~Rumour~

Ollie used to attracted heaps of attention. Everyone was in love with his pushed in snorty little face :thumbsup:

Now that I only have Miley, people still make comments on what a lovely natured dog she is, but she doesn't really attracted attention like Ollie did.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shelley being a golden retriever has got people around here worried. Some people will will do the wide walk around Shelley,others would cross the road. Some just keep walking past her. Very seldom do people stop to pat Shelley. I even find other dog owners give Shelley the cold shoulder.

Everyone loves Zephyr, and I mean everyone. I think Bernese appeal to so many people because:

- their size appeals to blokey blokes

- their furry cuddly body appeals to kids

- their friendly face appeals to oldies

- their striking looks appeal to women

That's my summary anyway, I've thought about it a lot in the past!

I tend to find the Whippets attract young kids and people around 50 and over who have had one as a kid or a family emember did. Seems Whippets and crosses were much more popular when people of my dad's generation were growing up in farming areas.

Had someone the other day gushing over them and saying he loves them and would love to have another one. I held onto them firmly cause I think he would have loved to tuck one under his arm and abscond! He is around the same age as my dad.

They love it when my dad comes as he just dotes on them and I hear all about his when he was a kid.

I don't get any where fast when I take my lot out!

Nova attracts men the most, he is a little stocky good looking dog who has this edge about him that guys like, don't know why, he attracts the more confident kids as well as he can be full on when wanting a pat......he tends to lean against you :thumbsup:

Darcy attracts women and quieter kids mostly but will get active men asking about him as well, he looks pretty striking and has long legs and looks like he can run for miles. He actually prefers less intrusive people and women usually fall into that, so he is happy :cheer:

Jovi is similar to Darcy, but because she is still puppyish she gets all kids but she doesn't like full on people.

My 2 golden tibbie girls are people magnets. Their colouring makes people ask, jokingly, what's the name of their hairdresser.

Also tibbies are friendly but calm in how they respond to attention. So people comment on how 'well trained' they are.

Both my girls were adopted as adults, so I tell people this is just the way they came from their registered breeders.

Women & children are specially drawn to them. But Nina Zena who has the look of a 'shrunk' golden retriever, also attracts attention from men.

Yes, mine attract attention - "Look at the little lassie dogs" :cheer: "Oh is it a puppy? No fully grown". I think people just like the look of them. My boy Connor loves meeting people and has attended pet expos since he was 3 months old. He is now six and thinks it is job to pull people closer with his paw to make sure they pat him :thumbsup:

Yep mine are. The greys attract people who want to know about them, if they raced and I am thrilled to say more and more people are coming up and telling me 'i heard they make great pets' :thumbsup:

Oscar the iggy always attracts people, and while I thought it would usually be women, lots of men actually comment on him. Most people ask if he is a whippet so I explain what he is and they tell me how stunning he is - I think the prance he has really attracts attention. I took him for a run around the uni campus a while back and a bus driver who had stopped on a break on the other side of the road came over to talk to me about him :clap:

I had to laugh, last week I walked him past some families playing soccer and a young boy said 'hey look at that sausage dog' - don't know how you confuse long iggy legs with little dashie legs :cheer:

Edited by CBL

People always comment on how pretty Kira is. One lady specifically stopped her car the other day to wind her window down and comment on how beautiful she was.

Indy's size puts people off I think so we don't often get people approaching us. They just comment on Kira from afar :thumbsup:

In regards to Indy I ofen hear people talk amongst themselves and comment on his size.

Indy's size puts people off I think so we don't often get people approaching us.

There was a big Mal boy that used to go the same vet clinic as we did. He was a darling who had the sweetest (I kid you not!) nature. He was owned by a really nice youngish couple. They told us he was a shameless wuss & was terrified witless of the cat next door who'd tease him. People in that waiting room used to respond so positively to him.

The westies get TONNES of attention when we're out and about - from kids to adaults to elderly people. Lots of people stop to say how gorgeous they are or ask silly questions like 'are they twins'!!! Kids love them for their cuteness factor. Elderly people generally comment on how it's rare to see 'westies' around but always leave with a smile on their face because 'they're so lovely' :):)

I can't go for a walk without someone saying soemthing or patting them! :o

The kelpie tends to attract men - especially tradies or elderly 'country' looking men - 'nice lookin' kelpie you got there luv'. :D

Some people at one of the agility clubs I go to want to steal him!! :laugh:

The spaniel cross - who's a boy - gets comments on how 'pretty' he is :laugh:

Too true Westielover, most of the people patting them end up laughing...must be their cute black noses and eyes, a little triangle of black buttons

Shelley being a golden retriever has got people around here worried. Some people will will do the wide walk around Shelley,others would cross the road. Some just keep walking past her. Very seldom do people stop to pat Shelley. I even find other dog owners give Shelley the cold shoulder.

That's odd- I find my GR gets the exact opposite response!

I would have thought they are generally considered nice family dogs? (my friend calls them posh dogs-she means they attract a certain middle class family demographic :) )

Why are they worried do you think?

More than eight years ago when we first got Micha and Sibes weren't as common as they are now, we used to be stopped every single time we took him out, not just once, but several times each walk. Even just walking ten minutes to the shops - we counted once that we got stopped a dozen times including one person who followed us in their car and pulled over at the shops we were going to just to talk to him and pat him :) (I can laugh now in hindsight because at the time it was a bit creepy).

We still get a lot of comments when we take him out because he just exudes this confidence and friendliness and also because he is obviously the Best Looking Dog in the World. We always joke that if he could talk he would sound like Derek Zoolander :laugh:

When we have the dogs out together I get a lot of comments on what 'nicely bred' and healthy looking dogs we have.

Daisy doesn't get as much attention as Micha unless I'm training with her, occasionally we've had people stop and watch us train and then clap at the end :laugh::o

Edited by huski

when my fatherin law passed away his chi went to live with my brother in law on the coast he has 3 grown sons who werent impressed about taking her for walks untill the girls started wanting to pat her, now its gone from.... its your turn to walk her to... no its my turn. She has also turned into a tough little mutt so that she doesnt embarass them too much with their male friends.

That's odd- I find my GR gets the exact opposite response!

I would have thought they are generally considered nice family dogs? (my friend calls them posh dogs-she means they attract a certain middle class family demographic :) )

Why are they worried do you think?

I'm not sure why there worried, I can only guess its her size,colour and possibly she is giving them a look i don't know about. Shelley has always been wary of strangers. She almost got stolen couple of days after i got her ever since then she has been wary of strangers. She also will not allow people near her unless i'm with her if i'm not will her she barks and growls at the person.