Crufts

becks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to be there.

Rajacadoo is at crufts with her family and I got a text at 6:30 this morning, she says it's 8pm there and they were on the train on the way back to there hotel and is having an absolute ball!

Just watched the full gundog group some nice dogs some awful ones

Have to agree with this.

Unfortunately, the technical problems with the live streaming meant that I didn't get to see all the BIG judging, only the final 8. Would have been nice to see how some of the other BOB winners compared to the judge's final picks...

I do wish that they would at least show the BOB judging for the breeds. It couldn't be too hard to put that online, surely. Westminster manages to do it...why not Crufts??? It is, after all, the world's largest dog show, and while I enjoy watching the other arena events, I want to see the breeds being judged!

ETA: Yay, just saw the whole group :confused:

Edited by Faolmor

What time will they be airing the group judging on the free stream thingy??

Or do I have to pay to watch it??

Also is it just the link that in the first post?

Or do i have to click on something else??

Just watched the full gundog group some nice dogs some awful ones

Have to agree with this.

Unfortunately, the technical problems with the live streaming meant that I didn't get to see all the BIG judging, only the final 8. Would have been nice to see how some of the other BOB winners compared to the judge's final picks...

I do wish that they would at least show the BOB judging for the breeds. It couldn't be too hard to put that online, surely. Westminster manages to do it...why not Crufts??? It is, after all, the world's largest dog show, and while I enjoy watching the other arena events, I want to see the breeds being judged!

ETA: Yay, just saw the whole group :love:

There is a lot of BOB judging going directly to youtube.

Terrier Group

Judge(s): Mr Phillip Greenway

BEST OF GROUP

CH TRAVELLA STARLORD

Fox Terrier (Wire)

Dog

Owner: MR V MALZONI JNR

RESERVE BEST OF GROUP

CH/AM CH LONGVUE JACKPOT OF SAREDON

Airedale Terrier

Dog

Owner: MRS J AVERIS

THIRD OF GROUP

CH HUBBULLS THE PROMISE

Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Bitch

Owner: MR B & MRS A TROW

FOURTH OF GROUP

RAGUS JAZZ KING

Norwich Terrier

Dog

Owner: MRS L A CRAWLEY

Hound Group

Judge(s): Mrs Eleanor Bothwell

BEST OF GROUP

SOLETRADER PEEK A BOO

Basset Griffon Vendeen (Petit)

Bitch

Owner: MRS S ROBERTSON

RESERVE BEST OF GROUP

CIB/SE/NO/FI/DK CH BORZOWSKI'S PHENOMENON [ATC AM00146SWE]

Borzoi

Dog

Owner: MRS L HAMEL

THIRD OF GROUP

IR CH ASHAHNI AMIR

Afghan Hound

Dog

Owner: MRS C BOLLARD OCALLAGHAN

FOURTH OF GROUP

IT CH SOBERS INGRID [ATC AG00091ITA]

Whippet

Bitch

Owner: MR P & MRS B PRIMAVERA & AHRENS PRIMAVERA

Just the utility and toy groups to go tomorrow!

Just got back to my hotel after watching the Hound Group in the main arena. I also watched the Terrier Group and the Agility and Flyball finals, plus the demos by the DWD winner and the Obedience winners. :love:

I watched all of the Saluki judging earlier, which took most of the day - am totally exhausted. The only downer was that all the Hound breeds I was interested in were on the at the same time. The Afghan ring was loud and cheerful during the Open/Challenge/BOB but Salukis were doing theirs at the same time so I missed it which was a real bummer, it looked like a real party from what I could see from three rings back. Will have to go again another year!

And holy crap, I thought the Australian fancy left a lot of mess behind them when showing. The empty benches today as we walked out after Hound Group looked like someone had emptied a garbage bin all over them.

Just going to have something to eat, then it's :) time so I can do it all over again tomorrow. Tomorrow will be fun day rather than concentrating on breed education and marking catalogues tho. I'll be shopping and watching whatever takes my fancy in the Toys and Utility. Also, showdog, you are not wrong.

Hi Shelby

What is interesting this year is that the majority of the GSD's shown in the Pastoral group were Specialty style. The dog that one from memory won the English Sieger show. It will be interesting to see if the Specialty style GSD's doing so well at Crufts is a one of, or if this is going to be a continuing trend.

Cheers

FH

Hi FH

He was a lovely boy but looked to be "in between" the two types (if you know what I mean?) Although he had a good sloping topline, he wasn't overly ??? do you call it roach? Very alert, steady boy with good bone. Am sure they mentioned that he was also involved in schutzhund (sp). Will be interesting to see how he goes in BIS - am sure he will have a good chance. It didn't look like the noise or crowd fased him at all :)

For those who had poor quality or no streaming (like me :laugh: ) the Junior Handler footage has been uploaded.

If you go to the Crufts FB page, there are direct links to the first and second (swap dog) parts of the heats.

Do u have a link.. cos its telling me i have to pay for me and last nite they said we could watch it for free..