Prefix Help

emery

Have an aquaintance that has recieved their prefix paper back saying htey have recieved a pefix. it is in partnership and the choice is really bad. they are really unhappy with it. it was like the last choice and only to fill spaces can they in anyway say no and resubmit more choices to be chosen or are they stuck with it? this is wa?

thanks

Why submit a name if you don't like it??? :laugh:

They make you list so many because there are so many prefixs out there, including the ones in use and all those that are no longer in use or who have never been used but registered.

"They" will have to apply to the Canine Association to re-apply for one, which no doubt will at the very least cost more money, really not sure about how "they" will go so best to call and ask the question or put the question in writing to Dogs West to get an answer.

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

i wonder the same thing lol. no idea why you would write a suggestion down that you are not happy with lol.

i'll tell them to call and see what they say. i couldn't find anything similar so don't think anyone would object to it either.

Lisa,

I know someone else who did this too, real silly I know but they just picked names to fill in the gaps as they were told to submitt a minimum of 11 or some really high number of names. They ended up with a name that they later decided they didn't like (this was in WA but makes no difference what state as prefix's are issued by the ANKC) and had to re-submit paper exam and pay the full $$ again.

Good luck to "your friends".

I have a friend who did this too, for a joke (because his bitch was a tart) he put in his last choice as "Spreadwell" :( and that was the one that was approved :( he hated it but kept it anyway

:( :D :eek:

That comes under the category of be careful what you wish for.

I have a friend who did this too, for a joke (because his bitch was a tart) he put in his last choice as "Spreadwell" :( and that was the one that was approved :( he hated it but kept it anyway

*LOL* OMG that's bloody funny

Lisa,

I know someone else who did this too, real silly I know but they just picked names to fill in the gaps as they were told to submitt a minimum of 11 or some really high number of names. They ended up with a name that they later decided they didn't like (this was in WA but makes no difference what state as prefix's are issued by the ANKC) and had to re-submit paper exam and pay the full $$ again.

Good luck to "your friends".

oh they may just have to keep it lol :D you know who they are too lol but i wont say just incase rofl :D

I have a friend who did this too, for a joke (because his bitch was a tart) he put in his last choice as "Spreadwell" :) and that was the one that was approved :laugh: he hated it but kept it anyway

:love::cry: that is great ooops lol

i will ask if i can say what it is. mayeb someone knows something similar lol then they can change it that way rofl

I would think you are stuck with it.

However I have just applied for a second prefix for my second breed.

You should not have to resubmit the exam as you have already passed.

As long as no puppies have been registered under your current prefix for the designated breed you can register a new prefix but will need to pay again.

Call and double check though, this is only my perception :laugh:

thanks it is slowly growing on them though they are sure they put a different spelling down. i told them to call and ask. i think it is more the spelling tha tis getting to her oh then the actual prefix :noidea:

I would think you are stuck with it.

However I have just applied for a second prefix for my second breed.

You should not have to resubmit the exam as you have already passed.

As long as no puppies have been registered under your current prefix for the designated breed you can register a new prefix but will need to pay again.

Call and double check though, this is only my perception :laugh:

Definitely had to resubmit the exam as this was the part the people I know were most furious about.

By the way, when I moved from one state to Victoria just a couple of months ago and went to transfer my prefix, some horrible snappy & grumpy lady at the counter of Dogs Victoria, told me I had to redo my exam as every state was different. When I pointed out that the exam is through ANKC and the same exam is done Australia wide, she still insisted I resubmit the exam before my prefix could be transferred. I just took my paperwork home with me (1.25 hours drive) and sent it in. It was done without question but took almost 7 weeks :noidea:

I think they pick everyones last choice, mine is my last choice only added as a filler, it is 10 letters long all my others were short ones. Test the theory and newbies put your best and first choice last and see what happens lol.