Golden Retriever Attacks 4 People

Inevitablue

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The frenzy attack to bite 4 people dog is very much stressed into defense drive fearing his life to do this if not from a medical complaint is possible too, but would be intersting to learn of the trigger bringing this to unfold I am thinking, yes?.

Yes, I'd love to know the backstory on this one. Just what was happening before the dog started fighting, or does he have a medical problem.

Not because of the breed, but because a pet animal attacking several resident adults known to it without an apparent trigger sounds very unusual.

Edited: was posting this when the report of the family fight was reported. I guess that's the trigger somehow. Poor dog.

It did have a trigger. Dogs are pack animals. Very likely it saw the fighting of the men as an opportunity to join in the fight and gain rank. If humans in the house do not manage to hold the respected position of pack leader, a dog will very well try to be pack leader whatever it takes.

Rubbish, dogs do not spend all their time planning how they can take over human households. "dominance" is an intra-species term, and doesn't even make sense when applied to inter-species relationships.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Am8PadXbVYQJ:www.4pawsu.com/dominancemyth.pdf+%22moving+beyond+the+dominance+myth%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Edited by fuzzy82

• 10 months later...

Rubbish, dogs do not spend all their time planning how they can take over human households. "dominance" is an intra-species term, and doesn't even make sense when applied to inter-species relationships.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Am8PadXbVYQJ:www.4pawsu.com/dominancemyth.pdf+%22moving+beyond+the+dominance+myth%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Rubbishing the notion that dogs can be dominant is bin waste material also.

I have no knowledge of this sort of thing, but if the tumour caused the aggression issue a year ago, wouldn't Busta have shown a lot more problems/aggression over this past year?

I wonder if the vet did a PM. That would show how long the tumour had been there and what parts of the brain were affected, I'd think? It might help Steve and others with dealing with poor dogs like Busta in the future.

Does Steve believe that the brain tumour may have played a part in the events where he bit his owners?

Steve thinks it's unlikely as his behaviour was quite good the whole time, but he can't be 100% sure.

Does Steve believe that the brain tumour may have played a part in the events where he bit his owners?

Steve thinks it's unlikely as his behaviour was quite good the whole time, but he can't be 100% sure.

Okay, makes you wonder though doesn't it. A dog that was quite a bit older when he showed aggression, then within 12 months has to be euthed due to his symptoms.

RIP Buster, thank goodness you had a chance.

Okay, makes you wonder though doesn't it. A dog that was quite a bit older when he showed aggression, then within 12 months has to be euthed due to his symptoms.

It does, though I met Busta on a number of occasions and the behaviour he exhibited recently was not behaviour we had seen from him before. Guess we can never know for sure :(

• 4 weeks later...

Yes It was brought up, but also Included that breed shouldn't mattter, I don't agree as I feel it does matter by what's happening here

SIGH, you may as well do this. :banghead:

The same people who are asking for this poor dog to get a chance & saying the breed shouldn't be reported in the media, are the same ones who have a different opinion when it comes to "other breeds".

The media will go out of their way to try & pin all attacks on certain breeds, because it whips up hysteria & gets them better ratings. Unfortunately not much mileage out of a cute family dog attack. :swear:

that rings a bell with us. we had a border collie that suddenly, just had to get out. like climbing a 7 foot fence and attacking passers by. never actually bit but certainly charging and snapping at them. then came home one day and he was out again, went for me and didnt recognise me till i yelled at him. then he stopped and just stood there as if uttlerly confused.

took him to the vet and he found a tumour, he put him down as he considered he would become increasingly dangerous as a result.

cant remember his age, we were teens at the time so suspect around 10.

Edited by asal

Yes It was brought up, but also Included that breed shouldn't mattter, I don't agree as I feel it does matter by what's happening here

The same people who are asking for this poor dog to get a chance & saying the breed shouldn't be reported in the media, are the same ones who have a different opinion when it comes to "other breeds".

The media will go out of their way to try & pin all attacks on certain breeds, because it whips up hysteria & gets them better ratings. Unfortunately not much mileage out of a cute family dog attack. :swear:

Have to agree, while I'm happy for any dog to get a second chance, there seems to be some pretty clear double standards at work.

Case 1: Pit Bull x attacks small child - dog is PTS and all Pit Bull types banned

Case 2: Goldie attacks it's own family - gets training and a nice new home....

Have to agree, while I'm happy for any dog to get a second chance, there seems to be some pretty clear double standards at work.

Case 1: Pit Bull x attacks small child - dog is PTS and all Pit Bull types banned

Case 2: Goldie attacks it's own family - gets training and a nice new home....

Perhaps this happens because Pitbull's are restricted breeds already and Goldies aren't? Whether it's right or wrong for Pitbulls to be rectricted or not is a different debate, the fact is they are and have been for years in most council areas throughout Australia, so a Pitbull is not on the same level of playing field legality wise as non the restricted breeds. It's human nature for people to think a Goldie should get a second chance given the amount of them owned as family pets and renowned for having a friendly and placid nature.

Edited by m-sass