Bird Watching In The City..

redangel

I was watching a bird fly past as I was sitting outside and it definitely moved swifter than any of the typical magpies & such that live here in droves in suburbia. Closer inspection I saw it was a falcon. I took some snaps of it in fading light...wishing i had a better zoom lens. I was enchanted by his flights, he kept flying off and returning to the same spot several times.... as I took some photos I was slowly gathering a 'bird watching' group as people walking stopped to watch what I was watching. Anyway here are some shots.

m_falcon-6.jpg

m_falcon-1.jpg

m_falcon-7.jpg

m_falcon-4.jpg

m_falcon-3.jpg

The light was really fading...I hope I see him/her again given better light, and a better zoom lens (I start my saving fund now)

I think you've been lucky enough to capture the ferrari of birds, of animal life for that matter, the Peregrine falcon. How lucky you are to have seen them and even more so to get such great photos.

Edited by Kirislin

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I noticed the lovely photos and just had to comment. They're awesome.

The bird is an Australian Hobby (not a Brown Falcon or a Peregrine Falcon). Thanks for posting the photos.

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I noticed the lovely photos and just had to comment. They're awesome.

The bird is an Australian Hobby (not a Brown Falcon or a Peregrine Falcon). Thanks for posting the photos.

Thanks Always great to have a positive id

Edited by redangel