Share Your New Arrival Pics And Stories Here

Sooky

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he is very relaxed and happy :thumbsup: slept from 11;30pm until 6am this morning when my big lab needed to go out - not bad!! He did howl and make a fuss in the crate at first. I wanted to do crate training with him before i left him in it overnight but its the safest place for him as he is into everything.

Thanks guys, I think he cute too! :D . So far Kaos has been a dream in the week that he has been here. first two nights he only woke me up once to go to the toilet, Now i take him out at midnight and we dont here im til 7 am. He has already got sit, drop and shake figured out and it really getting the hang of leave it.

Kaos is hopefully going to be my obedience/agility dog, So far he loves his training and loves either food, tug or just pat rewards. I have never used clicker training but it does seem like a great way of training and i have even started using it with my two girls.

I have a question to ask about Miniature Schnauzer puppies.

I got my little girl "Jetta" three weeks ago, she is very long legged and thin and I thought they are supposed to be stockier built. I had her flown in so didnt see her before i picked her up from Toll Express. I have not seen any other puppies so I cant tell if she is of correct proportion or not. She is 13 weeks old and weighs 3.3 kg, is this ok? because I dont think it is. What should the average weight & height be at 13 weeks? Your imput would be greatly appreciated.

I got my little girl "Jetta" three weeks ago, she is very long legged and thin and I thought they are supposed to be stockier built. I had her flown in so didnt see her before i picked her up from Toll Express. I have not seen any other puppies so I cant tell if she is of correct proportion or not. She is 13 weeks old and weighs 3.3 kg, is this ok? because I dont think it is. What should the average weight & height be at 13 weeks? Your imput would be greatly appreciated.

There is a schnauzer sub-section in general, you might get more luck there.

Puppies do go through gangly phases. Was your dog pedigreed (ie you have papers that show that it is a purebred mini schnauzer?).

My little Paddington sounds just the same :) don't panic. He's a purebred miniature schnauzer too and 14wks now, and as lankier than you would believe, he's been getting taller and taller, the vet promises me he'll start filling out soon! he weighs about 5 kgs now, But I think males are probably bigger than females. What colour is your little girl?

My little Paddington sounds just the same :) don't panic. He's a purebred miniature schnauzer too and 14wks now, and as lankier than you would believe, he's been getting taller and taller, the vet promises me he'll start filling out soon! he weighs about 5 kgs now, But I think males are probably bigger than females. What colour is your little girl?

Jetta is a purebred little black girl & we just love her. I really like the other colours but love the black ones. She has such a fantastic personality and she is a little spoilt. I am so happy I chose a Miniature Schnauzer as I am sure you are too. I did alot of research on the net about them before I decided to get her but it only ever mentioned what height and weight they should be as adults. Going on what you have said about Paddington I think she should be at least 4kg by now.

There is a schnauzer sub-section in general, you might get more luck there.

Puppies do go through gangly phases. Was your dog pedigreed (ie you have papers that show that it is a purebred mini schnauzer?).

Yes she is pedigree and she was gangly when I got her. I tried to go on the Schnauzer forem but it wouldnt let me add anything to it. Im only new here so I dont know why I couldnt.

Jetta is a purebred little black girl & we just love her. I really like the other colours but love the black ones. She has such a fantastic personality and she is a little spoilt. I am so happy I chose a Miniature Schnauzer as I am sure you are too. I did alot of research on the net about them before I decided to get her but it only ever mentioned what height and weight they should be as adults. Going on what you have said about Paddington I think she should be at least 4kg by now.

You're absolutely right, I was happy with my choice of breed before my little guy arrived, as they sounded the perfect fit, but I couldn't have imagined just how perfect, he's such an easy-going fun and adaptable little guy. I saw Paddy's sister when we picked him up from the airport and she was MUCH smaller than he was, It could easily be a male/female thing, but as long as she's gradually putting on weight and getting bigger she's probably fine, I suppose they're a bit like a human babies in that they all grow at different rates! If you're really worried, maybe check with your breeder as to what size they think she should be or with the vet when she has her next vaccination.