Would You Be Annoyed?

tommygirl

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't remember a good boarding kennel story ever being told...

:vomit: I have a cat one :rofl: My two city moggies used to go board at a place which certainly didn't have any luxury .. but where they were happy . The lady bred both devon rex's and wolfhounds!

My two usually were dropped off by her ..and she would open the carrier - whereby both cats would slide out, and smooch all over her , purring happily :vomit: they were always in good condition, and never came home with any illness . :rofl:

i have had good experiences whenever i have needed to board my dogs.

even tho Brian and Maxwell always gave the kennels a run for their money.

brian ( yello lab) once escaped his pen.. and they had to lure him back with some good quality steak.. it took them three days LOL. He did not get outside their boundary fences tho. His face was cut when he had squeezed thru the wirrre. we were told immediately.

maxwell was a regular at his kennels... and whne he was moved to the shiny new boarding facilities.. just like home etc he was most put out and howled until he was returned to his usual downmarket abode. he had the habit of climbing out and jumping into other peoples cars waiting togo home.

magali-- female maremma was well cared for at one of the kennels near me for the duration of her season. she was returned snowy white just bathed and dried. i was most impressed.

H

Just thought I would post for anyone that was following this thread...I got a response from kennels today::

***** I am so sorry...Easter hit and I have been underground.

Ok I did speak to the team and no one has any idea what happened or why. The girl who was on that weekend has been sick ever since..so I am not sure where to go from here except to apologize and say that I am really sorry.

The dogs were in together so it not that another dog got to her. I know it is not my dog rooms as the wire is "safe". What could of happened is that whilst in the yard that she was possibly 'nosing' the fence. Not sure.

I agree that it was not good enough that no one explained to you about what happened. I have spoken to all the staff about this not happening again.

I would like to offer a full refund of the stay - and if it makes it any better a refund of the showing fees.

If you like you can have the $ as a credit or I can deposit into your account.

Moving forward I would like for you to send me an email the next time they are in with us so that I can do some "formal" process review to see what happened.

Please do not take me NOT responding as a sign that I don't care..I do..Easter just got in the way.

Please let me know if you are happy to receive a refund/credit.

I feel a bit better to have got a decent response from them. I wasnt expecting them to offer a refund. Now I dont know what to think!

That's not a bad response I think, if it were me it would be enough to give them a second chance - but I would remind them next time the dogs were in of what had happened previously.

I think I will give them a second chance now, and I do appeciated the offer of a refund, I was not expecting that at all, especially the part about refunding show fees (I didnt take this up as its only a small amount of money)... I have to board the dogs again in a month or so, and from the email I think that they will make an effort to not let anything happen again, but I will mention it when I check them in about what happened last time.

Creature Comforts in Manawatu, New Zealand, are excellent, I'd recommend them to anyone. Not really a story, though. :)

I think that's a good reply by the kennels too.

Creature Comforts in Manawatu, New Zealand, are excellent, I'd recommend them to anyone. Not really a story, though. :)

I think that's a good reply by the kennels too.

people don't post about the mundane experiences ("picked up the dog and he was happy to see me. Had a great holiday"). They tend to post when something goes wrong, which is understandable.

This is why you often get a skewed view on forums.

The kennels that I have used in the past have been very good and have taken good care of my dogs.

I think you should take your dog down to the kennels and ask to see the owner and to come out to see your dog and ask what they hell happened to my dog there was no marks on her face when i left her here a few days ago.

Also find out if they mix up there dogs like do they put 4 in a open area and let them run around.

Was your dog with your other BT's, or on its own, were they in a corner kennel.

Are the kennels properly built, is the fencing secure, no bits sticking out of the fencing.

I leave my sheps in boarding kennels they are fantastic, my boy comes home with a blood nose and skinless, the girls come home with nothing.

The first time he did it they were horrified and called me up while I was away, I said he does it when he goes in a crate as well he runs his nose up and down the wire.

so ask first if there is any reason and why they didnt call.