Opinions Please

possum86

Hi guys I have recently made some dog coats and am wanting some opinions. Basically would you buy them and how much would you pay? Also if you wouldn't buy them why not? They are double layered polar fleece with a zip up back so they cover the whole body/chest area for extra warmth. Thanks guys

post-24141-1303461805_thumb.jpg

I like the 2nd one :(

I don't like pinky or girly things LOL so I don't really like the others but only for the colouring. All in all they look well made and practical :)

I guess the price would depend on how much your spending on material, how much time you put into it and how much profit you would like.

I would guess somewhere between $25 - $40 maybe more for bigger sizes

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Great work there... but with the male dogs, wouldn't it get a bit urine stained and soaked when they widdle?

I like the pull over the head idea leaving the back free of obstruction, in case the dog wants to roll and play...having a zipper seems like they'll feel it in their back...depending on the dog of course...

Our bullies unfortunately would bite at each other's zippers and pull them down once they realised the zipper moves...

But other than that great stuff... and I would consider buying one... for about $25 for a bully size...

Would male dogs pee on them (just looks a little close to the penis area!)

have you put something under the zip to protect from the possibility of getting longer dog hair caught in the zip as it is fastened?

They look great.

I especially like the cow print one.

I like the black trim on the pink.

Do they need to go that far down the belly?

Maybe make them a bit shorter in that area, or you could have some that are longer and some shorter available.

I do like the zip design but have used an over the head one with no problems.

Again you could have a few different options available.

Another idea (but you'd need to put your price up) is some funky/cute applique, even do customs with the dog's name etc. loads of possibilities.

And being polar fleece they'll be water resistant and easy to look after.

Pricing: I would do some googling, don't undercut other people, as that will bring the value of your coats down.

How/where do you plan to sell them?

You'll soon find out what works if you get some customers, and then their feedback, or just see what sells and go from there.

Good Luck, they're great. :(

They look cute:)

I don't really like patterns on things though, unless it's a modern pattern like swirly floral or similar, something minimalistic. Otherwise plain colour is good, and I don't like pink either, my female dog always wears blue:)

I like them a lot and would buy one each for my boy and girl Cavalier. Would like the option of having the boys one a bit shorter under the belly so the coat doesn't get peed on. Consider using coloured camo material too. It seems to be popular for dog coats.

I think tiny ones, say, $20 and upwards according to size.

Since you can't yet post in the members marketplace maybe you could show some pics in here of the the materials you have available and tell us the measurements you need.

I like them :thumbsup:

Prestige pet do a zip up vest. I bought one for my Stafford but it's too small, but I like the ease of putting them on etc. Prestige Pets ones are too expensive too. I would buy one, but only like plain colours if there is a choice.

Do a Facebook page, this time of year you should get quite a few orders.

Edited by Clyde

These are a good design, The zip back is easy to get on. I bought a 30cm one like this on Friday, Wag Wear brand in Red with dark grey edging $18.95,

Could you please post a link. The only ones I can see are the red ones and purple ones and I think these are the ones I bought last years but they're really narrow around the girth/chest area. Maybe I'm looking at different ones to the one you bought.