Udx

Good luck tomorrow xena98 - I will send the towel fairy over express post!

I think our boys are becoming more confident ;) The issue I now have is flat batteries - if he is flat I lose my distance control, but if he is up - we don't have a problem. I guess its the same as losing UD signals.

I will send another cloth fairy for you too Xena98 that way you will have two fairy's working for you :)

Good luck for tomorrow's trial :)

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys I dont know what happen with the towel fairy and the seekback fairy that was supposed to be flown by express post cause it didnt arrive in Adelaide

The seekback she didnt pick the decoy and she knew it was the decoy and she looked and looked and looked but couldnt find it so she stood there. (the other guy that is doing udx his dog didnt get it either and his dog always gets it). pim she got 37. towels she got the one next to the correct one at least she did try and not what she has been dong the last couple of weeks. sendaway she overshot the cones but did her multi retrieve and the positions did them well as well. So was quite pleased with her.

Well guys I dont know what happen with the towel fairy and the seekback fairy that was supposed to be flown by express post cause it didnt arrive in Adelaide

The seekback she didnt pick the decoy and she knew it was the decoy and she looked and looked and looked but couldnt find it so she stood there. (the other guy that is doing udx his dog didnt get it either and his dog always gets it). pim she got 37. towels she got the one next to the correct one at least she did try and not what she has been dong the last couple of weeks. sendaway she overshot the cones but did her multi retrieve and the positions did them well as well. So was quite pleased with her.

Sorry that the Cloth fairy that I sent to you didn't arrive.. maybe she had a coughing fit just like me ROFLOL.

Seriously though buggar for both the scent exercises :( but at least you got some exercises ok..

Fingers are crossed for the next trial that you do :)

Not quite sure when my next trial is on as it's being quite on the obedience front memory says august as the next couple of weekends is all agility got a country trial and the state champion. Gives me a few weeks to sort it out I hope :o

Not quite sure when my next trial is on as it's being quite on the obedience front memory says august as the next couple of weekends is all agility got a country trial and the state champion. Gives me a few weeks to sort it out I hope :o

Fingers are crossed for you no matter when you trial next.

So now that I have killed this thread once again, I thought that I would try to erect it again :)

I was pleased with Tux yesterday in the Am trial as we only missed the PIM.. my voice gave out again :((( and he doesn't understand Si. The pm trial was a distaster for us.

So now we are back to the drawing board. Did anyone else trial over the weekend?

Nah you havent killed it havent got anything to report. Havent had any trials and we have a few weeks of agility coming up. I'm still trying to work on my towels and I am trying something different and see if that works can't do any more stuff up since it's already stuffed up lol

bad luck about the pim. I did have that problem but I think that is sorted but hey in this game you fix up one and than something else breaks lol

so when is your next trial than.

I haven't trailled since I was in Brisbane and next weekend is a double country trial which I am not doing but Bedazzled is - so fingers crossed for a pass for her and Brookie.

MY training is going well though - does that count?

I haven't trailled since I was in Brisbane and next weekend is a double country trial which I am not doing but Bedazzled is - so fingers crossed for a pass for her and Brookie.

MY training is going well though - does that count?

That is good that your training is going well :) and of course fingers will be crossed for Bedazzled.

Xena ..Fingers crossed that this cough and squeaky voice leaves me before I go to Albury for the weekend trial.

So what sort of things are you doing to proof UDX? And if you asked by someone who was thinking of doing UDX, what exercise would you suggest that they start teaching their dog and what method? And why?

Kallistar is sit the only verbal you use in PIM? Good luck for your weekend trial - I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

I spread toys all over the ring last week and did a UDX round. I have also started sending to the cones from not straight in front.

Cider is in open and is yet to get a pass, but I will start her on seekback using 2 one that smells like me and a decoy from the word go.

This week I have introduced her to stand on a verbal and a signal - lets just say....we have a long way to go with that.

I have also started throwing the leathers out and then giving her direction and she loves this game and is taking a very straight line.

and I wil do some more about teaching her to sit on a mat for cones.

Kallistar is sit the only verbal you use in PIM? Good luck for your weekend trial - I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Yes the sit is the only verbally command that I use in PIM.. my voice changes with stress... and I can almost do the whole round and not breath

I spread toys all over the ring last week and did a UDX round. I have also started sending to the cones from not straight in front.

Cool... I tried having his tuggy just near the cloths and he went to his tuggy. Smiling all the way. I threw food on the ground while doing PIM and after the first gentle reminder not to pick it up he was fine even on the down :)

Cider is in open and is yet to get a pass, but I will start her on seekback using 2 one that smells like me and a decoy from the word go.

This week I have introduced her to stand on a verbal and a signal - lets just say....we have a long way to go with that.

I have also started throwing the leathers out and then giving her direction and she loves this game and is taking a very straight line.

and I wil do some more about teaching her to sit on a mat for cones.

Good idea to get them started early VBG

just a quick question to you udx pros out there. We were discussing about the towels. We were talking about the timing of scenting and if it effects the dog scenting.we were playing around timing how long the judge scenting whilst the towels are put on the ground and the steward finally getting the judges and puts that on the ground.We worked out around 1 min and 7 sec that was the shortest time so it would probably be more as my friend was just throwing them on the ground doing it as quick as possible. We also did the take 2 out and leave them in the container put the towels on the ground once that was done than scented the other 2 which came around 30 sec. Do you think it would make any difference at all. Also if people been on medication or had wash there hands with the antiseptic wash hands You know the ones that you dont need soap just shoving it on your hands rubbing it in. Was just an interesting topic

I did ask my friends helping me at training when they put the cloths out to really overscent the decoys and that threw Scoota, so I stopped that pretty quickly, although he is way more experienced now, so not sure if it would cause the problem or not.

There are a couple of people he struggles with, but even that seems to have improved and I have to say, touch wood that cloths he really does pretty well.......

Now watch that come back and bite me on the bum at the next trial :eek:

This isn't from a UDX perspective but having started tracking training with both of my girls I do think there are some people they seem to find easier then others. They have mostly been tracking a new person each session we have gone out and there have been some that they have really struggled with for whatever reason.

Well I am finding problems with my towels and we are sort of getting there but one of my friends son Gabby adores him. Will even go out the ring for him and when I did the towels with him she wouldnt do it at all. Stupid me did it the following week duh. I found out he had a stuffed knee and asked if he rubbed anything on his knee which he said no. Found out later that he is on very strong pain killers. Dont use him now lol we had a few examples like that when we found out about medication and someone washing there hands with those things.

Oh well we will just keep on trying different things lol

Brook has trouble with some people...others he finds easy...go figure! The biggest issue we have is that he doesn't like going to the middle of the pattern and most judges do seem to put the scented one in the middle! The last trial we had two stewards putting out the cloths...one was teaching the other so we effectively had four scents out there!!! :eek: (my residual scent, two stewards and the Judge) I wasn't confident as this is his bogey exercise but he was fine.

Something else I have found is that sometimes the steward will hang on to one cloth while re-arranging the others so we have varying degrees of hot scent and if he comes to that cloth first....disaster! I much prefer the old way of placing the cloths with tongs...much less to go wrong.