Udx

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No luck in UDX yesterday. The morning trial was a bit of a disaster with Scoota putting his own interpretation to a lot of the exercises. The afternoon was a much better effort - just failed the down to a stand in distance control.

However I did notice some evil things creeping in over the 2 trials so think our next pass will be a long time off.

So that evil UDX fairy was really busy yesterday flying from Vic to WA twice over in the one day.

A.M trial highlight, Tux got the right leathers and was way too happy and had to tell every one. But most of the time he doesn't do this in training.. I mucked Tux up badly in the p.m trial.

Just a small brag from us from the open ring as yes I threw the dumbbell straight and we ended up with a lovely pass of 199pnts

Thanks Caffy :)

Ptolomy, I think that it was for a bump, but am not 100% sure.

On a training question, Tux is getting very noisy when we are doing the BR in trials, not sure on how to quieten him down without stuffing him up or getting misbehaviour points ... any ideas? And he doesn't do this when we are training either.

I think the fairies got lost!!! Awesome Open :thumbsup: Well done :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No luck in UDX yesterday. The morning trial was a bit of a disaster with Scoota putting his own interpretation to a lot of the exercises. The afternoon was a much better effort - just failed the down to a stand in distance control.

However I did notice some evil things creeping in over the 2 trials so think our next pass will be a long time off.

So that evil UDX fairy was really busy yesterday flying from Vic to WA twice over in the one day.

A.M trial highlight, Tux got the right leathers and was way too happy and had to tell every one. But most of the time he doesn't do this in training.. I mucked Tux up badly in the p.m trial.

Just a small brag from us from the open ring as yes I threw the dumbbell straight and we ended up with a lovely pass of 199pnts

Brookie used to do this...whining in excitement...particularly on finishes which would cost us a point if the judge heard it ;) Trouble is I couldn't separate the whining from the finish and I was quite sure that he didn't understand it was the noise I didn't like. I didn't want to risk shutting him down so I took it completely out of obedience and worked on a trick which I didn't care about and was sufficiently exciting to elicit the noise making. For Brookie it was heeling backwards! He found this really exciting and pretty soon he started the whining...NRM OOPS and put him in the car. It didn't take long before he realised exactly what it was that caused the fun to stop.

On a training question, Tux is getting very noisy when we are doing the BR in trials, not sure on how to quieten him down without stuffing him up or getting misbehaviour points ... any ideas? And he doesn't do this when we are training either.

Brookie used to do this...whining in excitement...particularly on finishes which would cost us a point if the judge heard it ;) Trouble is I couldn't separate the whining from the finish and I was quite sure that he didn't understand it was the noise I didn't like. I didn't want to risk shutting him down so I took it completely out of obedience and worked on a trick which I didn't care about and was sufficiently exciting to elicit the noise making. For Brookie it was heeling backwards! He found this really exciting and pretty soon he started the whining...NRM OOPS and put him in the car. It didn't take long before he realised exactly what it was that caused the fun to stop.

Well today's training was bad :( He brought back the decoy, stuffed the PIM, Clothe fairy showed up :) S/R he didn't go to the cones. DC missed a position and Leathers, he was very quiet but still didn't want to get the right one. Trust him to of lost the plot when we was doing this for the new upcoming UDX trainee judges.

Thanks Bedazzledx2 for the tip. I have to work on his spins as he is very vocal on them, so when he made a noise he gets a NRM for his oops. But it is taking along time for the penny to drop as they are way too much fun

I had a bad dress rehersal yesterday....seekback...hmmm can't find it ....this'll keep her happy...NOT!!! After a time out and playtime for the puppy we had another go and it was a pretty good session...he still hates the scented wash cloth in the middle though.

We have a competition tomorrow but I dont think we are going to do very well. Last week did a training session and she wont touch my article at all. After when we did other work she got out of her I dont know what you would call it and did them brilliantly. Hadnt done anything since as I was sick but went out in the yard and she did them without a problem and tomorrow its going to be like oh my god its poison cant possible touch that one. Will let you know tomorrow

Oh well done guys! :thumbsup:

Well we are back to the drawing board again. Didnt do the seekback idicated and went off and bought the decoy towels bought the right one correctly and than dropped it half way arghhh. Forgot to sit in the changes of positions too busy playing with the flys and did the wrong article :eek: . Later on with a friend we went into the ring as he was going to see if he could help and she did a brilliant seekback indicated the right one checked out the decoy and went back to the correct one. Oh well we will keep on trying we will get there eventually

But well done Ptolomy and Scoota

We can commiserate together xena!!! We forgot to sit in the PIM...first time ever! I think he is just exhausting all the ways to DQ! Hopefully we'll crack a pass when he gets it all out of his system :laugh:

When is your next trial?

Well we are back to the drawing board again. Didnt do the seekback idicated and went off and bought the decoy towels bought the right one correctly and than dropped it half way arghhh. Forgot to sit in the changes of positions too busy playing with the flys and did the wrong article :eek: . Later on with a friend we went into the ring as he was going to see if he could help and she did a brilliant seekback indicated the right one checked out the decoy and went back to the correct one. Oh well we will keep on trying we will get there eventually

Its Scoota UDX thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif - we fell over the line, but who cares!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS SCOOTA AND PTOLOMY :) You did it YAY YAHOO Scoota UDX I hope that Scoota got the biggest and best reward ever, especially after what he has been through :)

Edited by kallistar

We can commiserate together xena!!! We forgot to sit in the PIM...first time ever! I think he is just exhausting all the ways to DQ! Hopefully we'll crack a pass when he gets it all out of his system :laugh:

When is your next trial?

Sorry to hear that you both missed out on getting a pass Bedazzeled and Xena98. When are you both trialling again?

Scoota was like the side of a house at the end of the night - 4 rings - 4 jackpots 3 lots of stays - 3 more jackpots + warm up food. In the end before going into winner of winners he was getting cheese and bacon balls.

The car was very poorly packed for the trip home and the half empty cheese and bacon ball packet fell off the front seat and upended all over the front floor, so rather than pick them all up - I called Beans and Lexi out to the car and let them do it for me - in less than 30 seconds the job was done. Now why can't they make this a UDX exercise rofl1.gif

I have very flat batteries today!