Udx

All that and more! Throwing one leather to the side whilst sending to another...stinky scent when the wind is blowing scent across but send to another...poor little Aussie brain :rofl::confused::rofl:

Our mr is so broken I had a lesson with the guru and as I thought...back to the beginning to train it properly! Involves lots of proofing which is messing with his head!!! It's a crappy exercise but we are stuck with it for the next five years :(

Would that involve a toy dropped as you turn??? BC brain was fried that day the Guru dropped that one on us...brilliant though :thumbsup:

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that and more! Throwing one leather to the side whilst sending to another...stinky scent when the wind is blowing scent across but send to another...poor little Aussie brain :rofl::confused::rofl:

I thought I could smell an Aussie brain frying :eek:

It will all be worth it in the end :D

I thought I could smell an Aussie brain frying :eek:

It will all be worth it in the end :D

not fun smelling aussie brain frying....

and please do not try this.. Yesterday I decided that I would practise the MR in my front yard. All was going well until I threw the leather and it landed in the weeds. Now I went to retrieve it my self and guess who lost it in the weeds and had to get Tux to do a search for it. Lucky he found it by his nose not by direction.. Clever boy.

So now we are back to the drawing board.. till Sunday that is

Training session tonight....put three seek backs out..two decoys. He found the first decoy and rejected it, found the second and rejected it..didn't bother looking any further and retrieved the first one. FAIL. PIM nice. Judges scent...ugly..two subs. Send away...brilliant :) Positions...lovely. MR....ok I was pushing...they were really hard to see..first go he didn't leave me...second go he got all three.

Good luck Sunday Xena!

Edited by bedazzledx2

Training session tonight....put three seek backs out..two decoys. He found the first decoy and rejected it, found the second and rejected it..didn't bother looking any further and retrieved the first one. FAIL. PIM nice. Judges scent...ugly..two subs. Send away...brilliant :) Positions...lovely. MR....ok I was pushing...they were really hard to see..first go he didn't leave me...second go he got all three.

Good luck Sunday Xena!

Thanks Bedazzledx2. Hopefully we will get somewhere on sunday

Well I dont know what you guys do to the towel fairy but she did come and than had disappeared before she did her job :eek: very unfair if you ask me :rofl:

We did do the seekback but she wasnt happy and she didnt want to go back to the start peg and she just took ages went to it about 5 times before she picked it up so got pinged really bad 19. PIM we have had lots of problems with this exercise and I think we have got this one sorted out and she got 38. The towels she got the correct one came half way and dropped and went off and got another towel :eek: Sendaway she got 29 and chamge of position 28. The multi retrieve she stuffed up for the first time in a long time and instead of going to no 1 she went to no 2. the second article did correctly and got 13 but we do have another problem arghh. When we have the article and dont manage to move it in her mouth and keeps it still she drops it and when she moves it around she keeps it in her mouth. So I am working on that one as well at the moment I am sort of letting her doing it and am hoping it will extinguish itself and at home I am just getting her to hold and click but she seems to be fine when she is standing still or very close up but once you put distance in she starts mouthing arghhh

Next week we will be having a mock trial so she will be in there and the following week we will have a double obedience trial

Today at the trial we got our first Grand Champion

• 2 weeks later...

Well the UDX fairy must have a mean streak in her as she hasn't shown up for me. This morning was not good at all as I couldn't get the SB,PIM or JSD and with the cones, he flew out so fast, went through the cones and then just sat outside the back of them. He might of had a toenail in, but who knows from 25mtre away. Did the DC ok and got only one leather really nicely.

We then went and played in open and he just loved it too much. Pity that this handler forgot that in open that you could use voice and signal, otherwise we would of come home with a pass.

Back to the UDX drawing board we go..

See you at the drawing board Kallistar ;)

UDX trial yesterday and we muffed PIM (my fault verbal sit on the wrong foot doesn't work) and distance control (his fault as he has taken to dropping and rolling over on a hip which translates to a missed next position).

Have called in the guru for assistance.......

See you at the drawing board Kallistar ;)

UDX trial yesterday and we muffed PIM (my fault verbal sit on the wrong foot doesn't work) and distance control (his fault as he has taken to dropping and rolling over on a hip which translates to a missed next position).

Have called in the guru for assistance.......

Crikey..it's getting serious!! :rofl:

well where did she go than cause she didnt visit me than. Had 2 trials over the weekend. Went to a country trial up at the riverland was nice probably too nice for the girls as they had a lovely relaxing weekend. Gabby Still wont do the seekback first day went and retrieved beautiful for the decoy and the second day nope cant find it but in practice does it beautiful arghhhh. First day refused to sit in pim so took her out second day got 38 for it so continued onto the towels well she gets the correct one comes half way and decides nah might put this one onto the ground and ummm go and get an incorrect one and flew into me with that one with the tail wagging furiously what!!!!! Went into ud both days and Gabby got 194 2nd first day and was quite naughty the next day with 179 got a couple of subs.

Inka did her open and ud both days but I think she left the brain behind though. Open on the first day did a beautiful drop on recall on her own pity I didnt get a chance to say anything though. she passed ud 182 with 1st place. 2nd day she was sitting on 192 in ud and 194 in open and we cant do the drop stay. Like how hard is it too lay there. As I was going out the ring she got up had a chew looked at the other dogs sat for awhile than stood and than lay down. She did it in both drop stays. Good ol Xena was in veterans and won that class with someone else handling her lol

well where did she go than cause she didnt visit me than. Had 2 trials over the weekend. Went to a country trial up at the riverland was nice probably too nice for the girls as they had a lovely relaxing weekend. Gabby Still wont do the seekback first day went and retrieved beautiful for the decoy and the second day nope cant find it but in practice does it beautiful arghhhh. First day refused to sit in pim so took her out second day got 38 for it so continued onto the towels well she gets the correct one comes half way and decides nah might put this one onto the ground and ummm go and get an incorrect one and flew into me with that one with the tail wagging furiously what!!!!! Went into ud both days and Gabby got 194 2nd first day and was quite naughty the next day with 179 got a couple of subs.

Inka did her open and ud both days but I think she left the brain behind though. Open on the first day did a beautiful drop on recall on her own pity I didnt get a chance to say anything though. she passed ud 182 with 1st place. 2nd day she was sitting on 192 in ud and 194 in open and we cant do the drop stay. Like how hard is it too lay there. As I was going out the ring she got up had a chew looked at the other dogs sat for awhile than stood and than lay down. She did it in both drop stays. Good ol Xena was in veterans and won that class with someone else handling her lol

oops forgot to add can you send the guru to adelaide please

Well today we had another udx trial and even though we had failed I was pleased with her though. She finally did her seekback went to the start peg came back with it and than stood in front of me. did pim 35 and than the towels she got the correct one was very confident with it came back stood in front spat it out and ran back to the pile looking for it. Did the sendaway lovely and also change of positions but did the wrong article instead of 1 went to 2.At least today we looked like knowing what we are doing and she was very happy. Going to be ages before we get into another trial though

Some good bits and some not so good bits by the sounds of things Xena98 - hang in there ;)

I had a lesson with the guru earlier in the week and have a bit of a game plan. We did a bit of testing and if the decoy seekback has any of my scent on it - he will bring it back thinking it is the right one. I have 8 seekback sets and was rotating them so they were being reused every 3 weeks (working on an average of 3 sets a week). Funny enough, although I can reuse the UD scent articles the following day, 3 weeks is too soon for the decoy article. You live and learn......

Have changed a few things training wise, broke a few things and now have to attempt to put them back together again - so it will be interesting to see what happens at the next trial in 3 weeks time. A lot of the things we covered weren't UDX specific and were things I can do with the other kids. Funny how you forget and go off on a tangent. I should have lessons more often to bring me back to the start peg LOL

Ditto to what Ptolomy said Xena98.. And I will look forward to what you broke down in the all the exercises Ptolomy. Good luck in three weeks time when you trial again.

Well today Tux and I tried our luck again but came home with out a piece of cardboard ( I wonder what they look like).This am trial was a hit and miss affair.. but the Pm trial, we did everything except for the fact that he was just a bit more than a body and half in length in DC, so got 0 for that. I am so pleased with my boy today :))))

Went and played in open after that and guess who had forgotton who to throw a dumb bell as it flew up in the air above my head and to add further insult to injury (my pride) I threw it into the solid jump.. He had so much fun retrieving it, it was great to see :)

Ditto to what Ptolomy said Xena98.. And I will look forward to what you broke down in the all the exercises Ptolomy. Good luck in three weeks time when you trial again.

Well today Tux and I tried our luck again but came home with out a piece of cardboard ( I wonder what they look like).This am trial was a hit and miss affair.. but the Pm trial, we did everything except for the fact that he was just a bit more than a body and half in length in DC, so got 0 for that. I am so pleased with my boy today :))))

Went and played in open after that and guess who had forgotton who to throw a dumb bell as it flew up in the air above my head and to add further insult to injury (my pride) I threw it into the solid jump.. He had so much fun retrieving it, it was great to see :)

Oh kallistar so close and yet so far - I really feel for you......

UM I think you might have to have a comp with Bedazzled as to the worst db thrower ;)

If anybody comes across Scoota's sits can you please send them back. It appears I have been mega rewarding Stands and this is now his default for everything - bless him :D

If anybody comes across Scoota's sits can you please send them back. It appears I have been mega rewarding Stands and this is now his default for everything - bless him :D

It does appear that way, doesn't it?? :rofl:

UM I think you might have to have a comp with Bedazzled as to the worst db thrower ;)

I think that I would beat Bedazzled hands down as I have the judges on either side of the rings running away to other side of their rings when I throw the dumb bell.

I hope that you find Scoota's sits soon

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys how is everyone going with their UDX training? The UDX fairy left me high and dry yesterday

I think that I would beat Bedazzled hands down as I have the judges on either side of the rings running away to other side of their rings when I throw the dumb bell.

I hope that you find Scoota's sits soon

No luck in UDX yesterday. The morning trial was a bit of a disaster with Scoota putting his own interpretation to a lot of the exercises. The afternoon was a much better effort - just failed the down to a stand in distance control.

However I did notice some evil things creeping in over the 2 trials so think our next pass will be a long time off.