Bulla Amenities Show

parrotpea

I was a witness to this that bulldog did not bite your dog ,You and your dog walked passed them a man was holding the bulldog on a lead ,The bulldog never even growled it lunged up and the owner of the dog pulled him back,There were allot of people that saw this and then the owner of the dog put it away and came back then i noticed a lady saying sorry to you ,

And when she talked to the others she said you were upset because someone made a comment on why they don't want a great Dane again and she asked the people who made the comment .This is false information your putting out there as there was allot of witness and that Bulldog did not bite your dog.

It is not false information, I also have a lot of witnesses that saw what happened - many who were prepared to make statements.

It happened in the walk way that was maybe 3-4 mtrs wide. My dog is always walked through on a very short lead.

As I was walking through there was a group of 4 people standing having a chat with a Bulldog in the middle.

The bulldog lunged got airborne and bit her on the face - as I had previously said no damage was done.

If there was no intent on the Bulldogs behalf how the hell did it get airborne to get to a Great Danes head height??

I pulled my dog back as I saw it coming, she ended up with her butt in someone's gazebo walls.

They did not pull their dog back it ran out of lead. After the fact they pulled their dog back - no one said anything to me.

I told them to keep their F*&king dog under control, as I walked off one of them said I would never own a Great Dane because of that.

I told them that she did nothing wrong and to F&$k off.

I put my dog away and then walked her back up the walk way after a few minutes to make sure he would be ok - we walked passed the same people - they said nothing.

I spoke to another Bulldog person as I was trying to work out which Bulldog it was - Due to the Specialty there was more then usual around. I spoke to a few other Bulldog exhibitors about the incident, one went and spoke to the lady who was standing in the marquee against the fence - she even pointed me out. The female owner of the Bulldog, come and said sorry - some 20minutes after the fact.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shame Sway that you have to justify yourself. I saw and spoke to you right after the incident and if your dog had not been bitten I am sure you would not have been so flustered. You handled yourself very well considering the circumstances.

Very hard :-) should the general public be bringing their dogs to the show? Rules up here state a dog must be entered to be on the grounds. Unless they have permission from the show manager.

I don't think the general public should be allowed to bring their dogs along to shows.

But with that said, I sometimes take one with me who is not entered when im entered at a show.

I was a witness to this that bulldog did not bite your dog ,You and your dog walked passed them a man was holding the bulldog on a lead ,The bulldog never even growled it lunged up and the owner of the dog pulled him back,There were allot of people that saw this and then the owner of the dog put it away and came back then i noticed a lady saying sorry to you ,

And when she talked to the others she said you were upset because someone made a comment on why they don't want a great Dane again and she asked the people who made the comment .This is false information your putting out there as there was allot of witness and that Bulldog did not bite your dog.

Hello what is lunging if it is not aggression.

I was a witness to this that bulldog did not bite your dog ,The bulldog never even growled it lunged up and the owner of the dog pulled him back,

I've had one bitch fight where the aggressor never let out a sound - way more scary and intent when it's a stealth attack. By your description sounds like it was lucky no more damage was done IMO.

I did not see the incident and have no axe to grind but would make one point.

Attacking dogs don't always growl - that's giving a warning before aggressing. Some just go straight to the aggression.

I know that at shows things can and do happen, but the bulldog owner is lucky that the incident wasn't spotted and reported formally to the VCA by an official. I was in a ring once, and a dog fight broke out in a gazebo. The judge called over the steward and said that while it wasn't in the ring, the judge wanted it officially reported and acted on.

Attacking dogs don't always growl - that's giving a warning before aggressing. Some just go straight to the aggression.

Said so much better than how I said it!

Not really. The other issue is that discplining a dog for growling can extinguish the warning.. the dog doesn't warn it just attacks.

OMG Sway how horrible for u! lucky ur girl is ok :)

I have also seen a judge order an incident be offically acted on and reported... a very large breed dog attacked and bite an exhibitor - the dog is very protective of the baby in the family (human) and the man went to the sdie of the gazebo to take his down and the dog went him from behind i was on the other side of the ring and freaked out i thought wow stitches for sure! judging ceased till it was calm and sorted then the nasty dog went home and turns out this has happened before and all due to protecting the child which whilst shows a very strong bond is just dangerous :( nobody was hurt though thank god!!

Look just saying what i saw, That bulldog did not bite the Great Dane, I do not own a Bulldog or a Great Dane

i also do not know any of the people involved .But it seems to me it’s all one sided as you are all friends.

yes the dog did lunge up which isn't right but it did not bite the Great Dane. Sorry Sway if i have upset you but i am just saying it how i saw it.

Look just saying what i saw, That bulldog did not bite the Great Dane, I do not own a Bulldog or a Great Dane

i also do not know any of the people involved .But it seems to me it’s all one sided as you are all friends.

yes the dog did lunge up which isn't right but it did not bite the Great Dane. Sorry Sway if i have upset you but i am just saying it how i saw it.

how do you know it did not bite the Great Dane, just because there wasn't blood does not mean there wasn't a bite. If Sway hadn't been aware of what was going on and pulled her dog back there certainly could have been blood and lots of it. If the dog wasn't intent on causing harm how on earth did it motivate itself to get up to Dane head height? Thankfully Sway was able to prevent damage being done to her girl by acting swiftly.

And bite or lunge doesn't change the fact some moron let their dog attack another and not even to say sorry until prompted by others, yeah real bright sparks.

Actually Doglover22 the Bulldog in mention did connect his teeth to the Great Danes cheek,he did not do any damage but contact was definitely there.. I was one of the 4 people standing in front of this said bulldog.It was our tent that the Great Dane moved its bum into to try to get away from the Bulldog.Sway was moving the Great Dane very close to our tent on a very short leash trying to pass the people in the middle of the walk way with the Bulldog.The Bulldog did jump into the air at the Dane but only stopped when he reached the end of his lead.He did have a little bit of a growl and he was showing teeth.It was definitely done in a very aggressive manner. This was the first time I had met these Bulldog people and they weren't there to see us but I do know they were not there for any show including the Bulldog show.They are Dogs Victoria members(or whatever it is as we are interstate)Personally i would have reported them also.The only comment I heard them say was that he had never acted like this before but it didn't give them the right not to come straight up to you to say sorry.

hi all, i would just like to say a few word on the bulldog at Bulla, i was one of the people standing in the middle of the walk way, right infront of the bulldog and the great dane as well, The owners of the bulldog came to see me, they are new and wanted some advice and help about there bulldog so poped in to see me, there lovely lady was on the right side of her beautiful great dane, and the owner of the bulldog was on the bulldog left side, i was in front of them both, because i was going over the bulldog, and the bulldog was faceing me, i saw it all front on, i saw the lovely lady and her beautiful dane comeing to wards us,they were hurrying along past us to get to the ring. if there is any blame, blame me for standing in the middle of the walk way, i had a blode moment and too busy going over the bulldog and talking the them about the bulldog, we were in the way, yes the lovely lady had her dane on a short lead and also did the man with the bulldog, the lovely dane came from behind the bulldog, even thoe the bulldog was facing me, in the corner of the dogs eye would he would have seen a big dog comeing from behind, yes the dog did leap into the air and growled, they did not connect. i was the closest person to it all and standing right in front of it all,The bulldog was not looking at trying to have a go at any dog or trying to eye ball another, he was caught by surprised and went out in fright, and yes i told them after it all had finish they need to go and say sorry and she did, they are new and dont know how things work, and i have been told the lovely lady heard some one say someing about the dane, these people never said anything about the dane nor would have i , some of my best friends here own great dane and would tell anyone how much i love them, so what ever was said did not come from my end. it all was a accident and for my part i am sorry for being in the walkway. The owner of the bulldog has seen all that has been going on, she is so upset by what has happened, she is fighting cancer and thought learning to show would be good for her, now she want to sell her dog and go away, if you want to call anyone a morron, call me it i have big shoulders and a big heart to go with it. She cant cope with much more in her life, Thankyou all for reading this.