Compact Canopy

Hi Everybody,

I am hoping that those that have a Compact Canopy can tell me the pros and cons with them.

I like the fact they fit in a boot with ease so therefore take up less room and they expand out to a 3 x 3. I am thinking about purchasing one but would like to hear from others who have them their thoughts. I look forward to hearing your opinions, experiences and responses.

Thank you. :)

I borrowed a friends on the weekend & it was the most horrid thing to put up,at one stage it took 4 of us to get somewhere ,

A 2 person job & i saw others struggling as well to get them up.

The arre great quality & strong & easy to get down its just getting them up because you have to pull the clip in each leg

Agree with Showdog a friend who I show with sometimes has one and it's a bugger to put up - especially if you leave it overnight - dew and ice can make it almost impossible to put up whereas my Oztrail which was next to it I put up by myself.

And if you get you fingers caught in the pins = very painfull

What about just the standard oztrail gazebo? It's 3x3, folds up to fit in the boot and easy for one person to carry. Comes in a bag with wheels and a handle.

They are a little bit trickier to put up on your own, but my husband and I can do it with ease.

I bought this one so if I do a show on my own, or with my mum I can still take a gazebo and put it in the boot.

Our large delux gazebo has to be tied to the roof and I'm too short to do that.

sorry for the OT but how do you tie yours to the roof Erin? I have roof racks and have often thought of chucking the gazebo up there.

You know I am so sick and tired of having to cart so much to a dog these days I am about to go back to the trolley, an umbrella, chair and the small esky. :thumbsup:

I hate lugging all the gear too - but you might be fine going back to an umbrella in sunny Qld. This time of the year in Canberra I'd freeze my toes off !

Edited by Diva

sorry for the OT but how do you tie yours to the roof Erin? I have roof racks and have often thought of chucking the gazebo up there.

Hubby has to come and loves showing me the knots he learnt at scouts. We just use some rope and he ties it down pretty tight. We've driven twice now with two deluxe gazebo's on the roof racks from brisbane to sydney and back. From one side of the gazebo around the roof racks, over the gazebo to the other and tied around the racks again.

I've complained to him a few times about the gazebo frame being twisted because it's tied down so tight.

With big dogs and a bodgy knee I have been on a mission to 'downsize' my gear. I love my oztrail compact. I never take the full size one now. Yes, it is a bit 'sticky' to put up but I have no real trouble doing it on my own. I can fit two large x-pens under it without issue (them and the compact rather than crates and a full size gazebo as made showing dramatically more pleasurable for me!!)

I have one a 3X3 Pro Light and can put it up myself no worries if need be.......At first I didn't like it only due to the fact I think I got a dud one so they up graded me to this one for free :-)))) I can fit in the boot of my Holden Astra with no dramas... I guess it is going to be your own personal preferance which one you go with.

They do have some specials on them now which I am thinking about buying another one!!

Edited by Owned by Shelties

We just purchased an Oz Trail Compact Pavillion and I can get it up by myself.

You just have to think about it and go one step at a time.

I think the same applies with whatever you get.

Great Specials at BCF for another week, the Pavillion was only $149.

Stolz, i have an oztrail 3x3 not the compact and i can put that up and down by myself, it goes in the boot, it will fit in the trailer if you have one, or in the back of a van if you have one too.

Thank you everybody for the replies. :)

I have a few Oztrail Deluxe 3 x 3's and I can put those up by myself.

I was after opinions about the Compact Canopy as it will take up less space length wise and therefore would fit across the back seat of my Ford Wagon, unlike the Oztrail which has to go on an angle to fit.

Also I don't want to purchase one if it is hard / difficult to put up and down by myself, hence why I asked the question as they are currently on sale and are very reasonable in cost.

I will have a look about tomorrow at Bulla and see if I can find any and ask the owners what they think. It will be interesting to see.

Please keep the responses coming. Thank you. ;) :thumbsup::thanks:

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

I have an oztrail compact - fits in the boot of the car, (only a small honda jazz) and also I can get it up and down on my own. I haven't heard or seen the brand you are talking about. I do worry about mine handling bad weather - I know the deluxe ones are stronger - but so far so good.

I have one a 3X3 Pro Light and can put it up myself no worries if need be.......At first I didn't like it only due to the fact I think I got a dud one so they up graded me to this one for free :-)))) I can fit in the boot of my Holden Astra with no dramas... I guess it is going to be your own personal preferance which one you go with.

They do have some specials on them now which I am thinking about buying another one!!

Are you bringing this one next weekend? Will have to check it out.

Again thank you for the answers and opinions. ;)

I had a look at a few on Sunday and the owners said they needed two people to put them up, the roof section is difficult to click in......... :( I know that you can ask for help in putting them up and I do often help others that are putting up their marquees but I like the fact I can do my Oztrail Deluxe 3 x 3 by myself. (I often go to shows by myself). The down side is the Oztrail does not fit across my back seat, I have to angle it in and it is a bit of a pain when I take a trolley.

It is food for thought.............

Thank you all for the responses. :thumbsup::thanks:

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

Stolz, there is yet another option.. the Oztrail Deluxe Compact.. only 2 piece legs and a studier frame than the little one (still 2.4 x 2.4m) but its collapsed size is larger at 1.3m.. That will fit in some larger wagons.

Thank you Poodlefan, I know about the Oztrail Compact Deluxe and have a friend with one, thay are great in size and strength. I would then have to buy walls for it and the cost then gets dearer. I have walls that would go straight onto the compact canopy from a previous (cheaper) marquee that was destroyed (a leg support collapsed) in high winds, thankfully I always use strong guy ropes. I also like the extra space in a 3 x 3 as I may take an extra dog at times.

Hmmm the things we do.......... I am leaning towards the Compact Deluxe Oztrail..... :laugh:

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

Thank you Poodlefan, I know about the Oztrail Compact Deluxe and have a friend with one, thay are great in size and strength. I would then have to buy walls for it and the cost then gets dearer. I have walls that would go straight onto the compact canopy from a previous (cheaper) marquee that was destroyed (a leg support collapsed) in high winds, thankfully I always use strong guy ropes. I also like the extra space in a 3 x 3 as I may take an extra dog at times.

Hmmm the things we do.......... I am leaning towards the Compact Deluxe Oztrail..... :laugh:

These are 2.4m x 2.4m Stolz :confused: