Looking For Thread About The Best Cars For Dogs

lovemymutts

I can find the thread but my recomendation was a pajero, i manage to fit a whole weekends worth of dog gear camping gear ect with room to spare :D

Edited by Rainy

I have a BF Falcon wagon which I really like for the dogs. Plenty of room for my two GSD's in the back and transporting dogs the wagon is low enough for heavy dogs to jump into without lifting them up. The Falcon is a bit bigger in the back than the Commodore which influenced my choice with the larger wagons and I have been pleased with the Falcon it's great :)post-40045-0-73160600-1307760309_thumb.jpg

My Subaru outback is brilliant, has lots of room in the back for big or small dogs, crates and so on!

I would love a Subaru outback but I got a Hyundai Getz 2 years ago(much cheaper)and then I got two greyhounds!When the seats are down you would not beleive how much room there is.We shoot up the F3 to friends at Hawks Nest and they are happy as in the back.

Thanks guys for the tips & links!!

Probably getting a little over excited ;) but I start a new job at the end of the month & if I can stick it out I will be earning a good amount of money. I am hoping to save for a car first as my little lazer which as done me soooo well is getting on a bit & I would like a new car. I do have 2 staggies though so was hoping to find a car with a nice amount of room in the back but also maybe a 4WD as myself & the dogs do love off-road driving :D

I love my X-Trail :D

this seems to be the car in the other thread (link above) that most people either have or prefer, although the mitsubishi outlander seems good too.

I'm probably getting way ahead of myself here :laugh: I am just so excited (& a bit nervous) that I'm going to FINALLY have a job! & I'm going to work my little ass off to keep it!

I love my X-Trail :D

this seems to be the car in the other thread (link above) that most people either have or prefer, although the mitsubishi outlander seems good too.

I'm probably getting way ahead of myself here :laugh: I am just so excited (& a bit nervous) that I'm going to FINALLY have a job! & I'm going to work my little ass off to keep it!

Our Honda Jazz is brilliant. The back seats fold completely flat, and our two large goldens can stretch out and lie completely flat if they want to. The hatch means we could add a ramp later on, and there are even rings at the sides for us to tether their car harnesses to. Perfect dog car, and still REALLY low fuel consumption.

Think about what else you do with your car. Having a great dog car is one thing, but if getting it around your local shopping centre is a pain don't do it.

I have a Jazz now and love the fuel economy. So easy to park and the turning circle amazes me all the time. The crazy folding seats make it versatile for seating people and dogs and I got the 1.5l engine because I knew I would be lugging stuff about. I've fit 1 Afghan, 2 Lowchen and all the show equipment (canopy, chairs, trolley, grooming kits, matting etc) in mine with 2 people. :)

So think about how many people you normally or are likely to have in your car, if you daily commute etc.

I have a Toyota Rukus and love it :). Good on fuel, with all the seats folded down I can fit a couple of crates in for my bullies, gazebos, chairs etc and still have a load of room.

Plus the leather interior is awesome for just dusting off the dog hair :)

Yes I definitely want to be getting something that can be easily maneuvered & isn't a truck. But something that is preferably 4WD because I do love offroad driving, I realise I'm probably getting way ahead of myself... but this IS research ;)

The outlander does seem nice too, just depends how much I can save!

There was an article in the Sydney Morning Herald motor news, about the Honda WOW which has been specifically designed for dog lovers. I don't think it's available in Australia...yet. But the article goes on to talk about other cars that are here & which they say are good for carrying dogs.

http://smh.drive.com...0324-1c72f.html

The article says that car never went into production.

We're going holden wagon, purely because the ford wagons aren't being made anymore, so it will get hard to buy parts.

I vote for the AU Ford wagon - plenty of room behind the cargo barrier for Tango and heaps of storage space...run it on gas and it costs about $6 per 100kms!! Had a Forester but the back part behind the cargo barrier just wasn't big enough for a GSP...... Tango lives in the Ford quite a bit and is very comfortable with a barrier and gate at the back...

Pajero's are very nice 4x4 to drive if you prefer something more "Car" like, Ive had 2 oldies '87 import models and for their age they where WONDERFUL.. i loved those cars. Wrote one off.. (saved my life it did and it was still drive able! ..i miss it :cry: ) And the other one was about to do a turbo at 200,000+klms.

Traded up to a 2002 Jackaroo... and we LOVE it. For a bit car its very easy to park and reverse. And I often do long brisbane-sydney trips and its sooo comphey and of cours eyou can fit eveyr man and his well.. dog. In it. And being a diesel im happy with 10lts/100klms for its size.

Though Im thinking of going smaller now i have a daily short distance commute to work.

My Subaru outback is brilliant, has lots of room in the back for big or small dogs, crates and so on!

This :thumbsup: My dogs love the Outback. I also have a Forrester but they don't like it as much as they like the Outback. It's more roomy, easier for the dogs to jump in and drives like a dream!!!