Rally-o

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUr local club wants to look into this as well. We do not hold sanctioned trials but would like to do our own club trials etc so people can go away and compete. We have all the signs and people that are interested but have no idea where to start. I said that you giys are all brilliant so would be able to help me :)

So Help!! Please, were do I start? where can I find some rules or something to get us started in the right direction ??

OUr local club wants to look into this as well. We do not hold sanctioned trials but would like to do our own club trials etc so people can go away and compete. We have all the signs and people that are interested but have no idea where to start. I said that you giys are all brilliant so would be able to help me :)

So Help!! Please, were do I start? where can I find some rules or something to get us started in the right direction ??

Hi Oss, I just PM Angelsun & she sent us info & a CD with all the signs used on it

Hi Oss, I just PM Angelsun & she sent us info & a CD with all the signs used on it

THank you. Apparently they have all the siogns cones etc, I just have no ide how to set up a course or how to mark it etc. I will PM Angelsun and hopefully will get the info I need .

Thanks again :)

Things are really moving along well in Queensland.

A Rally O Workshop will be held on Sunday 21st August 2011[/b]

RALLY ‘O’ WORKSHOP

VENUE

LOGAN ALL BREEDS DOG OBEDIENCE CLUB

GOULD ADAMS PARK

KINGSTON ROAD

KINGSTON

Sunday August 21st 2011 10.00 a.m.

The acceptance of our Sport is gaining momentum so please set aside this date in your diary as The Rally ‘O’ Working Party will conduct a Rally ‘O’ Workshop on the day. During the Workshop we shall cover:-

• Course Design and Nesting

• Course Layout on the Ground (Handlers may run the Courses)

• Stewards Duties

• Score Sheets, both Individual & Club

• CCC(Q) White Rule Book (downloadable from Dogs Qld Website)

This Workshop will again be chock full of interesting and informative information.

All welcome. Bring along hats, chairs, water for your dog and lunch for yourself. SEE YOU THERE.

Another fantastic Rally O Workshop last Sunday held in Brisbane. Thanks to Logan Club for making their excellent facilities available.

The day started at 10.00am rather grimly with fairly heavy rain so the agenda was adjusted to suit and by 10.30am the skies has cleared and the practical aspect of the day proceeded very well with much learning by all involved. Pleased to say the rest of the day was fine and thoroughly enjoyed by all participants. Thanks to the Queensland Rally O Working Party for a great day's instruction.

There are several events happening in Queensland promoting Rally O for those who may be keen to join in the fun.

24th August 2011 7.00pm Seminar Metropolitan Dog Obedience Club Chermside run by Queensland Rally O Working Party for Metro.

26th August 2011 Rally O Ribbon Event Townsville COCT (contact club for details)

27th August 2011 Rally O Ribbon Event Redcliffe Dog Obedience Club 2.00pm Start 28 entries so far and still counting.

Heaps more to come in September which will be posted soon and one Special not to miss in December. Details of this will be posted soon but it has been organised by The Queensland Rally O Working Party and will be run for the benefit of all involved in this great new sport. This will be one hell of a Seminar so don't miss out.

Happy Rally O to all

We're heading off to the Rally seminar at Metro tonight, hope to see some DOLers there!

It was a lot more fun than i expected! :) i loved the more advanced one with the jump! definitely something we will work towards being able to compete in! :)

We had a Rally ring set up at the last obedience trial so I thought I would give it a bash with Brooklyn. I couldn't get my head around having him on lead so they allowed me to do it without. We had a blast and really enjoyed the challenge. The only bit that gave us grief was the left about turn when the dog goes behind the handler...Brook doesn't know this turn as we do a sharp U turn in obedience so I talked him around it but then momentarily lost my way! We lost one point for that little glitch and scored 99 for the course. :thumbsup: