Update About Auntie And Her Dog

mum to Shelley - if you and your family are concerned about an untrained dirty dog......... then it is your problem , unfortunately.

If your Auntie is happy with the way the dog looks/behaves, and she lives there- then you guys are the ones who will need to train/clean the dog, tell Auntie to leave , or tell her to rehome the dog, as it, and her, are not welcome with the behaviours it shows.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MumtoShelley is 26 years old??

If that's the case she's a grown woman. If you don't like what's happening in your parents home MTS the solution is simple. Leave.

Your parents house? Their rules. If they don't have an issue with your Aunt's conduct then you've only got one option - find your own place to live and set your own rules.

MumtoShelley is 26 years old??

If that's the case she's a grown woman. If you don't like what's happening in your parents home MTS the solution is simple. Leave.

Your parents house? Their rules. If they don't have an issue with your Aunt's conduct then you've only got one option - find your own place to live and set your own rules.

Already been suggested and then completely ignored- as is any post suggesting that she needs to take some responsibility for her own situation (as she is, as you've pointed out, an adult- the same age as me and several other Dolers- so clearly it's not an age thing) :shrug:

In the time you take to type your posts, you could have washed your auntie's dog. You don't always have to sink a dog into the bath (once a week IS too much for a dog's skin, every vet will tell you that). You can get a wet towel and some gentle cleanser and wipe it over the coat.

If you are ever going to leave a short coated dog outside in a VIC winter then you shouldn't throw water on it in the night, when temps are lowest. It shouldn't actually be out there at all but FFS where is it's coat and where is your heart?

Let the chihuahua find a new home where it will be loved - they are lap dogs FFS and buy a crate, a coat etc for your auntie's dog - give her these suggestions.

I really feel so sorry for your dogs.

Mumtoshelley, a house with 2 golden retrievers, a chi, and a jrt is going to smell a bit doggy, especially to people who do not have dogs. On the plus side I just bathed my puppy for the first time, as this thread reminded me we needed to.

Because you obviously have an issue with how the dog behaves.

You wont move out of home, your aunt wont do anything about it so if you have an issue do something yourself instead of bitchng about it.

Two tiny dogs outside on a bleak winter night.And you wonder why he was crying at the window.I am amazed they are still alive.And you think throwing water over a freezing dog will help.I read your last thread where you seemed so concerned about wanting to care for your dog and not have it go to your Aunt . ;Now i read that you wanted to re home your dog.If you cared at all about your dogs you would take proper care of them.It seems to me that your only concern is your volatile relationship with your Aunt;and this is not the place to seek advise about that.I suggest you go to a family councilor and sort yourself out.

Like I said why is it up to me to look after someone elses dog?

Because you know it is the right thing to do.

It is not the dogs fault it has a crappy owner.

It is not right to make the dog suffer in order to punish your auntie or teach her a lesson or even to make a point to her.

I am a little suprised at your attitude- you seem to love Shelley a lot but can't seem to find any compassion for poor Lady.

Hi everyone well here is an update about my auntie and her untrained jack russell cross fox terrier. My parents ended up getting angry with my auntie cause she wouldn't keep her dog clean eg bath it once a week and throughly brush her. So my parents said enough is enough since you won't keep your dog clean the dog has to sleep outside. Since the dog has been outside it has been scratching and whinging at my bedroom window. My stupid auntie wouldn't do a thing about it. Last night I had enough so I went out threw water at it, as it won't listen when told to get to bed. Then my auntie comes out complaining god I made Lady her dog pee everywhere, My mum then said no she threw water at it cause it wouldn't stop whinging. My auntie cracked it left the house took Lady her dog with her. She has gone out of town for a week and has taken her dog with her. My parents are hoping that she moves back there.

I do have some questions

Rascal is now searching and looking for my auntie and her dog lady, How long will it take for him to get use to them not being here?

FFS do we need another update!Firstly don't throw water at the dog because it won't listen(it's obviously not the only one).Secondly why am I here?Thirdly(is that a word)MOVE OUT. :banghead:

Couldn't agree more stansmum. MOVE OUT or do something constructive to try and fix the problem!! There has been some good suggestions by DOLers.

EDIT: throwing water on an obviously stressed dog in the freezing cold is not helping the situation!!

Edited by skyesblue

Personally, I think there is a lot of attention seeking going on here by a somewhat immature OP simply because she doesn't take any advice offered.

If I was in such an unbearable situation I would find myself somewhere else to live which in the long run would be better for all concerned. I assume that living with one's parents at the age of 26 does help with not having to do domestic chores for oneself etc. and cheaper to boot. Wasn't this the poster who said her boyfriend didn't want to move out of the house?

Like I said why is it up to me to look after someone elses dog?

Because you know it is the right thing to do.

It is not the dogs fault it has a crappy owner.

It is not right to make the dog suffer in order to punish your auntie or teach her a lesson or even to make a point to her.

I am a little suprised at your attitude- you seem to love Shelley a lot but can't seem to find any compassion for poor Lady.

I always find it best to treat some one else's dog like you'd expect them to treat yours. Of course that does come with the expectation that you treat your own dogs kindly. Also, with the condition that you follow any rules the owner may have so not to unravel their training.

Something needs to change, and some one whether it is you, your Mum or your Aunt needs to be proactive about making that change happen. It won't come by posting rants on a forum--not when you seem to be ignoring the advice and suggestions others have put forward. Making excuses for why things can't change won't help either.

I don't mean to offend M2S but from your original post I honestly thought you were about 16.

Show this little dog some compassion and some humanity. He doesn't have a choice who he belongs to, but you have a choice as to how you treat him. It is not his fault he has not been trained and is not walked, but you can make a difference. If you truly love dogs, you will treat him with respect. Spend time with him, let him hang out with you, take him for a walk when you take yours. Buy a bottle of no-rinse shampoo and run it through his coat. Do some training with him to tire his mind, then at night, when he is clean and exhausted and indoors, he will start to sleep and be happy.

You have the power to make it happen, and you might even end up loving him. It is time to grow up.