Litters Due In September 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everybody,

Well after a very eventful weekend and the good news of the girls coming home we waited for the arrival of CJ's babies.

Please say hello to CJ and her 8 beautiful babies, 4 males and 4 females born September 16. Mum and babies doing well.

We have the males;

Mr Blue, Mr Red, Mr Green and Mr Orange

The females;

Miss Purple, Miss Black, Miss Brown and Miss Yellow

post-8142-0-15764400-1316214762_thumb.jpg

I have started a thread in general that will have all of the pictures and updates.

Hi Everybody,

Well after a very eventful weekend and the good news of the girls coming home we waited for the arrival of CJ's babies.

Please say hello to CJ and her 8 beautiful babies, 4 males and 4 females born September 16. Mum and babies doing well.

We have the males;

Mr Blue, Mr Red, Mr Green and Mr Orange

The females;

Miss Purple, Miss Black, Miss Brown and Miss Yellow

post-8142-0-15764400-1316214762_thumb.jpg

I have started a thread in general that will have all of the pictures and updates.

WooooHoooo Congratulations big hugs to CJ.

Yep they sure are little porkies !!! Its funny, cos Crystal looks like she only has a little bit of milk, (maybe Im just not used to such a small litter ;) ), but whatever is there must be really good quality :) ...

They are all born white, with the blues having a bluish tinge to their skin, once they are dry, and the reds have a pinkish tinge. If either colour has any patches, then the pups with black patches are the blues, and the red pups have their patches red... Again you can only see the colour when they are completely dry :) ... They generally start going blue/red at about 2 weeks, give or take...

I beleive English Setters are born white and their flecks comes in later?

Some red german pinschers are almost black when born (known as stag)

Fawn great danes can be almost black and then go to their correct colour as they age.

Sable german shepherds change colour as they grow and may not finish until they are a year or more depending on the lines. We've had some born cream, and end up black sable. In the middle they go through a weird colour change where they look like lions and then suddenly their black tips start to come back (can happen in a week or two!)

Chinese crested....when it comes to puffs..it's anyones guess til they are about two years of age...I had a little boy that was registered as sable/white and he matured at two years to be a rich cream colour. Many times I've seen or had dark almost black, that ended up a silver blue or lighter.