Oztrail Deluxe Compact Gazebo

Rebanne

I know gazebo's topics abound but I am thinking of downsizing to a deluxe compact gazebo, mainly cause it would fit in my car and I wouldn't need to tow the trailer to show just one dog.

So good reviews or bad?

I know gazebo's topics abound but I am thinking of downsizing to a deluxe compact gazebo, mainly cause it would fit in my car and I wouldn't need to tow the trailer to show just one dog.

So good reviews or bad?

Good Reviews from me! :thumbsup:

I've had mine since the start and still alive and kicking for a while now! It has survived strong winds! I got told by a way of correctly keeping the gazebo secured, and been great and thankful for that!

I think it has survived 3 shows of windy condition, I remember Lang Lang 2 years ago, that afternoon it was very windy, that some gazebo blew over, all I did like many others was lowered one level down, and it was still strong to withhold the wind.

I don't need a whole hell of a lot of space, so thats why we got the compact and still think the same.

However because my gazebo has been used quite often, that the nuts and bolts are coming apart, but a quick fix with a hexagon screw and pliers keeps them secured and I keep them in the car I think. I am not sure if that is the norm with Oztrail, but apart from that, I don't regret getting this gazebo and wouldn't trade it for the world either! :thumbsup:

We also use it at home as well for the summer to get shades for the dogs as well and it was fantastic!

It is not big in terms of size when it set up and packed away, it doesn't take up much room in the boot and leaves plenty of room for trolley and other things.

Hope this helps!

I think it has survived 3 shows of windy condition, I remember Lang Lang 2 years ago, that afternoon it was very windy, that some gazebo blew over, all I did like many others was lowered one level down, and it was still strong to withhold the wind.

Is yours a Deluxe Compact, I thought they were a fairly new addition to the Oztrail range?

I have seen a few being used at shows and they look great, nice and sturdy.

Is yours a Deluxe Compact, I thought they were a fairly new addition to the Oztrail range?

I have seen a few being used at shows and they look great, nice and sturdy.

Ok, I have googled to verify as I thought it was the same, so I can confirm mine was an Oztrail Compact (Green), not Deluxe Compact (Blue), as it seem to be two different type.

But I am not sure on the differences between the two, but I think nevertheless they are similar I assume, please correct me if I am wrong!

But I am not sure on the differences between the two, but I think nevertheless they are similar I assume, please correct me if I am wrong!

The Deluxe Compact is also 2.4m x 2.4m, but it's got a sturdier frame and a higher-denier canopy :) When it's packed up, it's also a bit larger than the Compact (but not as big as a Deluxe 3x3).

The higher-denier canopy gets the :thumbsup: from me, l have had my compact less than 12 months and have a hole in the roof from a tree branch rubbing against it at a show it's worked it's way into a hole.

l wonder if l can get a compact deluxe canopy on my compact

Edited by Sir Sniffalot

Yep agree this is a good canopy. Much better than the compact. It is slightly bigger when folded up but the benefit of the stronger frame and heavy duty canopy out weight this negative. If fits nicely behind the front seats of my ford falcon.

I have 2 compacts and they are FANTASTIC!!

The shows on the weekend at night was super super windy and mine both with stood it no problem.

That isnt the first shows they have suffered high wind conditions, and I have no problem!

Now if I can get a 3m one that folds down to the size of a compact I would be very happy. :thumbsup:

I can put up a deluxe gazebo on my own, I have heard the compacts can be a bit harder until they loosen up. I usually get the frame up enough to put the roof on, then climb under and push up from the centre.

I can put up a deluxe gazebo on my own, I have heard the compacts can be a bit harder until they loosen up. I usually get the frame up enough to put the roof on, then climb under and push up from the centre.

That is the easiest way to put them up by yourself!!!

I will be watching to see which company has the compact deluxe on sale in the next few months, I have a 3 x 3 Oztrail Deluxe and I love it, but when going away without the trailer it would be easier to have a smaller / shorter version. I also have a standard 3 x 3 but structurally they are not as strong as the deluxe versions, although they are smaller in length and do fit across the back seat of my Ford wagon.

Thank you for posting this thread it has been interesting reading the responses. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is the easiest way to put them up by yourself!!!

I will be watching to see which company has the compact deluxe on sale in the next few months, I have a 3 x 3 Oztrail Deluxe and I love it, but when going away without the trailer it would be easier to have a smaller / shorter version.

Thank you for posting this thread it has been interesting reading the responses. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

yes I will be watching for sales as well, no real hurry to get one.

l wonder if l can get a compact deluxe canopy on my compact

I just asked and Reece said it will fit around the sides but not at the point.

As the compact has a lower less pointy roof then the deluxe compact.

A price rise is about to happen I am told, in the book the Deluxe compact is only $10 cheaper then the Deluxe 3x3mtr.

$165 for a Deluxe Compact if you tell Reece your a dog person.

Hastings Camping - they don't have a website, but will deliver to KCC for free :thumbsup:

66 High Street

Hastings VIC 3915

(03) 5979 2858