Apparently I Am Cruel

aussielover

Everyone in sydney will know what lovely weather we have had this morning... not.

Unfortunately (for me) my dog stills needs to get out and about, so she was taken for a walk to the dog park this morning- poor thing right, imagine forcing a Labrador Retriever to go out in the rain, splash around in massive puddles, run through wet grass and bushes etc

On the way home (after having an awesome time in the park!) we are stopped by a lady who tells me I am cruel for dragging my dog out in this weather, and if I insist on taking her out, at least get her a raincoat! I replied something about her being a labrador- bred for cold conditions- she is perfectly happy, she cut me off and asked if I was cold? therefore my dog would be cold? I had the benefit of wearing a raincoat so shouldn't my dog have this as well :laugh: What a nutter! I said that next time I would get my dog a raincoat jst to get rid of her, she then said I should blow-dry my dog when I got home so she didn't stay cold and get ill. Right-O.

Poor dog only got towelled down and was then given a nice juicy bone for breakfast.

Report me to the RSPCA...

The victim:

post-31284-0-60725800-1311124046_thumb.jpgpost-31284-0-22027500-1311124166_thumb.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather (I know my dog is) :D

I am hoping it will clear by Saturday as we have a very special event this sat...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have a lab, but know people who do, and I'm sure their dog would rather go for romp in the wet than miss out! Good on you :thumbsup:

Mine, on the other hand, look out into the rain, turn around and go back to their beds in the loungeroom! Great danes and greyhounds don't seem to like wet weather! :D

Good on you for taking her out in that weather, it looks crazy, many people wouldn't. :thumbsup:

Some people have no idea and really should learn to keep their damn thoughts to themselves. I betcha Mindy loved her walk.

+1

And love the pic of Mindy in a red beret!

I don't have a lab, but know people who do, and I'm sure their dog would rather go for romp in the wet than miss out! Good on you :thumbsup:

Mine, on the other hand, look out into the rain, turn around and go back to their beds in the loungeroom! Great danes and greyhounds don't seem to like wet weather! :D

My boxer hates it too. :laugh:

We've had a particularly harsh winter in Brisbane. I take my tibbie girls for a brisk walk each afternoon....we do the rounds of a couple of blocks. On the bitter afternoons, I noticed that all the usual runners & joggers were not there. Only person I met was a nice man who walks his 2 shelties in the same circuit. We were joking that we 2 dog walkers were the only non-wusses.

And our dogs were set up to deal with extreme winter conditions. His shelties from the Shetland Islands north of Scotland & my tibbies from the land of the Himalayas.

After our usual brief walk, it was back home where the tibs' first order is, 'Dinner, now!'. Then it's off to snooze off in a warm bed.

By the way, tibetan spaniels are one of the 10 most popular dog breeds in the Scandanavian countries. I've seen photos posted by owners there, of tibbies having a whale of a time walking in the snow.

I'd better carry one of those pics, in case I meet a lady like you met! :)

Edited by mita

Why do people who have no idea what they are talking about, even bother opening their mouths & especially to a complete stranger ? :eek:

Same for me this morning, up at the doggy park at 6 am with my boys who had a lovely time in the Brissy cold & wind :D

As smoothiegirl said, good on you :) BTW cute photos

I hate ppl like that they think they know everything, I had a lady today took zorro for his first little walk after his last injection (he was so excited) :rofl: and this lady yelled out to me " oi you has your dog had his injections!! He shouldn't be walk until he has" I just said " it's non of your business" and kept on walking because really it is non of their business. Glad you stood up to that lady she doesn't know much about animals if she said that.

Why do people who have no idea what they are talking about, even bother opening their mouths & especially to a complete stranger ? :eek:

Same for me this morning, up at the doggy park at 6 am with my boys who had a lovely time in the Brissy cold & wind :D

As smoothiegirl said, good on you :) BTW cute photos

I think only insane people were outside in sydney this morning :rofl:

I also quite like this sort of weather- at least we get the whole park to ourselves :thumbsup:

As long as you and your dog are happy who cares what others think! I waited until the rain stopped becuase my Dane doesn't like walking in the rain but loves to walk in puddles and get wet on walks. Perhaps the lady should go and buy a raincoat for your dog and 4 gumboot paw protectors too just so the paws don't get wet either.

but the Kelpies...... OMG dont you know the ground is wet :eek: :eek: :eek: !?!?!?!?!?

:rofl: They are all still tucked up in bed!!

Really :laugh: My two are totally fine in the wet weather, we ended up with snow yesterday and they were both playing in it for ages :thumbsup:

Living where we do I think they have had to get use to cold/wet weather, they would never get outside otherwise ;)

She must have missed the documentary that showed a Labrador in training ; jump out of a helicopter into an icy lake to rescue a drowning person.

If so, you could get her to watch the many videos on YouTube of dogs (including labradors) having a great time, nearly up to their shoulders in snow.

Edited by mita