Apparently I Am Cruel

aussielover

Gorgeous 'victim'. You are so lucky to have rain-loving dog.

Apparently, bully paws here are sugar coated and cannot get damp :eek:

Has anyone tried these? Are they any good?

http://www.chillydog...roduct/index/38

I have spoken to owner of Chilly Dog & she has told me her dogs wear these coats even in the snow & dont get cold, (they have short coat breeds) the lady also does dog sports with these coats on & they dont interfere with the dogs movements

I am ordering the winter coat for my Whippet :D A little pricey but I think it would be worth it, the best I have found so far that wont interfere with dog while trialing :laugh:

I got a coat from here: http://www.caribuhorsewear.com.au/waterproof-coats-c-313.html

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have been a smart bum and said fine I'll go home put a t shirt pair of pants a jumper then a raincoat on my dog, Oh I will also get my dog to walk on 2 legs instand of 4 legs.

I hate people that think dogs should be treated like humans and they wander why there dog barks and goes nuts with other dogs and people.

I must be a bad owner then as allow my Shelley to swim even when i'm feeling the cold, There could be ice on top of the river and Shelley would still dive in.

Edited by mumtoshelley

Gorgeous 'victim'. You are so lucky to have rain-loving dog.

Apparently, bully paws here are sugar coated and cannot get damp :eek:

Has anyone tried these? Are they any good?

http://www.chillydog...roduct/index/38

I have spoken to owner of Chilly Dog & she has told me her dogs wear these coats even in the snow & dont get cold, (they have short coat breeds) the lady also does dog sports with these coats on & they dont interfere with the dogs movements

I am ordering the winter coat for my Whippet :D A little pricey but I think it would be worth it, the best I have found so far that wont interfere with dog while trialing :laugh:

I got a coat from here: http://www.caribuhor...oats-c-313.html

Hi Spudd :D thanks for the tip, I have looked at these, I have a slight prob they wont sit properly on a Whippet due to the way they are shaped

& I also need the chest plate.

Chilly Dogs offer the best coats for my breed that can also participate in sports with no interference while working :D

Guest HarperGD

Ahhhh so cute in the beret and scarf!!

We took Harper to the off leash park in Coogee this morning. Guess what? We were the ONLY people/dogs there. It was awesome!! :thumbsup:

However, as anyone who has been there will know it is up on the cliffs and so can get veeeery windy! Harper hates wind blowing in his face and he kept throwing himself on the ground and covering his eyes with his paws :) :)

So cute!

He did have awesome fun tearing around the park after us with no other doggies to bother him though.

And I personally love this weather. So cozy.

Edited by HarperGD

Guess I'm going to be one-out on this :o The lady obviously didn't know a great deal about breeds and wouldn't know that the OP was experienced, all she saw was a dog out in the rain and cold but she did have the dog's welfare at heart, even if misguided. I've struck a few like that and always try to give them a few clues about the breed, they're only trying to be helpful.

My dogs aren't keen on going out in the rain, but they will play in light rain at the park without worrying too much. The one and only time they have wanted to leave their favourite park was when it started pouring really heavily. After playing fetch in the pouring rain for a while they both took themselves back to wait near the car and looked at me like I was a mad :laugh: .

LOL oh the poor victim. LOL j/k

Well lucky for me I"m usually all alone walking Sasha in the awful weather here in Canberra. Doesn't matter if it is minus 6 in the morning or 8 degrees in the afternoons we both go out and she wouldn't have it any other way. Especially when it's been raining. She's a lab too and you will often find us running through the puddles and mud LOL.

I think she would be more upset if I didn't take her out twice a day. Sadly it seems that we are the only people walking in our area. Haven't seen anybody with their dogs in ages.

Yes, my 2 are mudd runners as well. Rain, bring it on they say !!!! :laugh: Good on you for taking your pup out in the rain. Honestly, I got my 2 home yesterday from a beach run in

the pouring rain, they had a riot, while I got a wet bum. That's what owning a dog is all about. When we got back & lifted up their top coat & underneath near their skin was still completely dry.

BC's have a double coat & any one that has one will know it takes a lot of water to penetrate their coats. Any double coated dog. I toweled their top coat off, give them a chic carcess & they slept

the arvo away with a towel over them on their bed's on our deck, under cover & totally content.Got the life alright. Maybe that silly lady needs to get one! :noidea::walkdog:

Edited by BC Crazy

LOL oh the poor victim. LOL j/k

Well lucky for me I"m usually all alone walking Sasha in the awful weather here in Canberra. Doesn't matter if it is minus 6 in the morning or 8 degrees in the afternoons we both go out and she wouldn't have it any other way. Especially when it's been raining. She's a lab too and you will often find us running through the puddles and mud LOL.

I think she would be more upset if I didn't take her out twice a day. Sadly it seems that we are the only people walking in our area. Haven't seen anybody with their dogs in ages.

You obviously don't live in my area, lots of dedicated souls and their dogs out walking every morning :D I've come across other dog walkers in sleet before! :o

One of mine LOVES the rain and puddles and the other doesn't mind it if we're going for a walk.

Im with you then. We walked int he rain the other day and did a training session in the rain. He didnt like it but happily obliged and loved his free run around the park after the training. Its all a good distraction excersize. Means if its raining and wet when we trial it wont bother him and thats good enough for me to get soaked!

I used to melt in the rain but for some reason my crazy dog lady hat has been on and I go out in anything now. Except lightning :laugh:

Guess I'm going to be one-out on this :o The lady obviously didn't know a great deal about breeds and wouldn't know that the OP was experienced, all she saw was a dog out in the rain and cold but she did have the dog's welfare at heart, even if misguided. I've struck a few like that and always try to give them a few clues about the breed, they're only trying to be helpful.

Well said. You're right that it can be a good opportunity to clue people in.

I was walking two Aussie Shepherd (one black and white) clients yesterday and a guy said "nice looking dogs". I said thanks and continued walking. He said "WHY did you dock that dogs tail?" I said "He's a natural bob tail". He said "well border collies don't COME in a natural bob tail". I said "no, borders don't, but Australian shepherds do". He looked at me and said "I've never heard of an aussie shepherd". I just said "google it".

I don't think he looks anything like a border!

Being a goldie, Honey loves the rain.

I HATE drying her off after it though!

Especially if she's been playing fetch in the mud- then she is usually a, not so rare, black goldie. :eek:

Today, being the third rainy day in a row, I umbrella-ed up and hit the footpath. Each time I let her off at a park (we have lots of little ones around us) she went nuts, racing around in the rain. It was lovely to watch. :)

I just wish I had an industrial strength hair dryer... *sigh*

He looked at me and said "I've never heard of an aussie shepherd". I just said "google it".

:rofl:

Good one!

Edited by dee lee

Charlie doesn't mind walking in the rain but it's when he comes inside and realise he is wet that he throws a hissy fit and then gets all sad. He will sit on the towel and give me really sad eyes, and when i bring the dryer out, he literally runs to it and stands there while I dry him... he is really pathetic sometimes :laugh:

My girl is fine in the mud and rain. I don't necessarily love going out in the bitterly cold wind etc... but either way, she still needs a walk/run, so I just get on with it and get it done. It is a bonus when nobody else is around though.

5957823320_92e3d0d1e6.jpg5957821398_dc5cb4773c.jpg