Apparently I Am Cruel

aussielover

I am the sook in this house , the dogs loved running and playing in the wet scrub yesterday arvo, they had raincoats on, but that was more for reducing the wet into the car for the trip home :laugh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but the Kelpies...... OMG dont you know the ground is wet :eek: :eek: :eek: !?!?!?!?!?

:rofl: They are all still tucked up in bed!!

Really :laugh: My two are totally fine in the wet weather, we ended up with snow yesterday and they were both playing in it for ages :thumbsup:

Living where we do I think they have had to get use to cold/wet weather, they would never get outside otherwise ;)

With my last litter it rained when they were 4 weeks old- no problems they went outside and played. It rained 3 days later and not one would go out in it and it has been the same ever since- I was out dancing around and calling them but nope there was no way they were voluntarily going outside when the grass was wet.

Confession: I walk my dogs in the rain and....tehy don't like the rain. Once we get going they're happy though and need to get out and about for mental and physical exercise. Most raincoats on sale are cosmetic and don't "breathe".

Everyone in sydney will know what lovely weather we have had this morning... not.

Unfortunately (for me) my dog stills needs to get out and about, so she was taken for a walk to the dog park this morning- poor thing right, imagine forcing a Labrador Retriever to go out in the rain, splash around in massive puddles, run through wet grass and bushes etc

On the way home (after having an awesome time in the park!) we are stopped by a lady who tells me I am cruel for dragging my dog out in this weather, and if I insist on taking her out, at least get her a raincoat! I replied something about her being a labrador- bred for cold conditions- she is perfectly happy, she cut me off and asked if I was cold? therefore my dog would be cold? I had the benefit of wearing a raincoat so shouldn't my dog have this as well :laugh: What a nutter! I said that next time I would get my dog a raincoat jst to get rid of her, she then said I should blow-dry my dog when I got home so she didn't stay cold and get ill. Right-O.

Poor dog only got towelled down and was then given a nice juicy bone for breakfast.

Report me to the RSPCA...

The victim:

post-31284-0-60725800-1311124046_thumb.jpgpost-31284-0-22027500-1311124166_thumb.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather (I know my dog is) :D

I am hoping it will clear by Saturday as we have a very special event this sat...

That's the most terrible case of animal cruelty I've probably ever heard...shameful!@!@@@@@

Good on ya

I have a whippet he still likes his walks in the cold as long as I put his coat on :laugh:

But yes I have been told Ishould also be reported to the RSPCA for starving my dog :eek:

the acussing lady who said that was told by her friend that the breed I have are racing dogs just like Greyhounds the acussing lady got put back in her box by her friend :rofl: glad to know someone who knew what breed I have

Well I'll be buggared :D That nosey woman would think that I'm the worst dog owner in the world then. Training and racing our boys in minus temperatures, rain, hail or shine. And don't even go there with the snow!!! :laugh:

What a stupid woman,honestly no brains and happy without them!I have two greyhounds,one who wouldn't stick a toenail out of the house if it was raining and the other who loves it.I have a huge backyard and the bottom floods (under water as we speak)and Maddie loves zooming through the water.Her eyes peering through clumps of mud all over head and body. :)

Everyone in sydney will know what lovely weather we have had this morning... not.

Unfortunately (for me) my dog stills needs to get out and about, so she was taken for a walk to the dog park this morning- poor thing right, imagine forcing a Labrador Retriever to go out in the rain, splash around in massive puddles, run through wet grass and bushes etc

On the way home (after having an awesome time in the park!) we are stopped by a lady who tells me I am cruel for dragging my dog out in this weather, and if I insist on taking her out, at least get her a raincoat! I replied something about her being a labrador- bred for cold conditions- she is perfectly happy, she cut me off and asked if I was cold? therefore my dog would be cold? I had the benefit of wearing a raincoat so shouldn't my dog have this as well :laugh: What a nutter! I said that next time I would get my dog a raincoat jst to get rid of her, she then said I should blow-dry my dog when I got home so she didn't stay cold and get ill. Right-O.

Poor dog only got towelled down and was then given a nice juicy bone for breakfast.

Report me to the RSPCA...

The victim:

post-31284-0-60725800-1311124046_thumb.jpgpost-31284-0-22027500-1311124166_thumb.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather (I know my dog is) :D

I am hoping it will clear by Saturday as we have a very special event this sat...

you are good to exercise such control, if an old biddy would come up to me i'd get great delight in telling them to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS........

Actually I found it rather funny.

Especially as this is a dog that has jumped into freezing water before and loved it.

It reminded me of when we had our aussie girl, we had a dog walker for her who refused to walk her in bad weather without a doggie drizabone. This was a long coated (and double coated) Australian Shepherd!

she cut me off and asked if I was cold? therefore my dog would be cold? I had the benefit of wearing a raincoat so shouldn't my dog have this as well

to this i would have actually said, humans don't have fur coats, dogs do! my dog is atm wearing a big hairy fury coat you old..........blah!!!! busybody

:laugh: I would have told her to mind her own beeswax! I'm in Sydney too, and this weather doesn't deter me and my mutts at all! The parks are always just about empty and my lot love splashing around in the rain. Extra zoomies. :thumbsup: I just take extra towels in the car!

Honestly I only use coats if it's at night (one of my little ones really feels the cold, and the others are clipped short) and freezing. Otherwise the coats are too synthetic for proper 'breathage' and they just go naked.

Carl loves this weather (except the wind, making the doors slam and be all scary ;)), and we're about to go for a walk now, then meet my best friend and his dogs at the local oval, which will no doubt be under water by now! I can't wait. :D

Actually I found it rather funny.

Especially as this is a dog that has jumped into freezing water before and loved it.

It reminded me of when we had our aussie girl, we had a dog walker for her who refused to walk her in bad weather without a doggie drizabone. This was a long coated (and double coated) Australian Shepherd!

The dog walker obviously had no idea about Aussies then! Mine don't give a stuff about the weather, hot or cold. Maizie especially loves the rain, cold and mud!

Gorgeous 'victim'. You are so lucky to have rain-loving dog.

Apparently, bully paws here are sugar coated and cannot get damp :eek:

Has anyone tried these? Are they any good?

http://www.chillydog...roduct/index/38

I have spoken to owner of Chilly Dog & she has told me her dogs wear these coats even in the snow & dont get cold, (they have short coat breeds) the lady also does dog sports with these coats on & they dont interfere with the dogs movements

I am ordering the winter coat for my Whippet :D A little pricey but I think it would be worth it, the best I have found so far that wont interfere with dog while trialing :laugh:

Good on you! I take Spudd out in the rain, he does have a rain coat but he probably doesn't even need it because he runs like crazy and gets warm in 2 minutes. Most dogs love running in the rain! That lady needs to get a life hehehe :laugh: