Dogs And Socks.

Guest HarperGD

Guest HarperGD

"Hi, my name's Harper and I love smelly socks! I don't care if I have to sort through a huge pile of laundry, I will find the one sock that is in there (I have already stolen and hidden the other one) just so I can chomp on it. I don't actually destroy them. I just like to suck on them. I love them even more than liver treats! The best part is, my humans don't get mad because I'm too cute!! Ah yes, it's good being cute..."

post-39793-0-02059700-1311375499_thumb.jpg

:)

Hehe :heart:

:laugh: Argh he is so gorgeous!

I have a sock monster toy poodle too - she's never destroyed anything, but god, she'll find socks no matter how well you hide them. The smellier the better!

Guest HarperGD

Hahaha oh my gosh! They can actually eat them! :eek:

I shouldn't laugh but that is kinda funny..... :o

Yes! I used to think it was cute when my girl used to chomp on them and then run away to tease us. Now after a very stressful morning of not knowing what was going to happen I have definitely decided that dogs eating socks are not cute, also picking up spewy socks are not much fun either :-)

I just watched a show called look what my dog ate on foxtel. A dog had eaten some sox and undies then he knocked a glass dish with chocolate brownies in it of the bench. He ate the chocolate brownies and part of the glass dish.

When they operated the owner had no idea the dog had eaten the sox but in the end they had saved his life. The sox lined his stomach and stopped the glass from cutting his stomach, thats was one very lucky dog.

Guest HarperGD

Yeah dogs will eat some crazy things and get themselves into all sorts of trouble.

I'm not worried about his sock fetish though. If he was going to swallow a sock he could just as easily swallow one of his squeaky toys but as I said, he doesn't eat them, just kinda sucks on them and makes them wet and soggy and then moves onto his next victim... ewww.

Sorry you had to go through that Olivebaby - my friend's lab used to eat/swallow-in-one-bite EVERYTHING that wasn't nailed down. It was kind of impressive (and expensive...)

Edited by HarperGD

One of my labs ate a sock when she was a pup (can't remeber exactly how old - guessing around 6 months). It was my partners, mens size 12 tube sock. I did not know until she brought it up whole!!! The worst thing is she brought it up while we where out in front of several people.

Aww what a cutie. Marlin used to steal socks and undies all the time and run off into the garden with them, she also enjoyed a good tug of war with them too. She has mostly grown out of it now but surprises me every now and again by rummaging around the workboots and coming out with the smelliest one she can find :)