I'm An Even Crankier Dobber

dee lee

What an unpleasant morning I have had! :(

OH and I were walking Honey (onlead) through our local streets when Honey was attacked by an offlead Dally. :mad

Its ALWAYS outside its owner's panelbeating business, patrolling the footpath and nearby area, so far I have only found it annoying and a little bullying- I usually dont walk right out the front though. This time we did and before I could avoid it, it rushed us and went for Honey's throat! :(

Luckily she has a typical Goldie ruff and it didnt draw blood before I was able to get us away from it.

I yelled at it to back off and fortunately it kept its distance.

As I hurried away, I noticed the owner deep inside the shop, oblivious. I yelled at him that his dog had attacked mine and he just glared at me!!! :eek:

At this stage the dally started stalking us again so I got the hell out of there.

... And promptly walked up to the (conveniently) located Council offices a five minute walk away!!! ;)

I reported it. The lady at the counter was adorable, insisting Honey come in so she could see she was ok. :) Then later some rangers came to my house and took a statement.

They advised me they would visit the owner- he would get a talking to and a $200 fine. They also advise me to immediately call them any time I see the dog offlead on the street again. :thumbsup:

I'm still a bit shaky, but I'm relieved Honey is ok and that hopefully this dog wont bother anyone else now. What an absolute twat of an owner. :mad

Phew. Sorry for the novel. Just needed to vent.

Edited by dee lee

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider that you've done Everyone a favour, especially the Dally.

(typed too fast)

I know. Seriously, why not leave your dog at home instead of letting it roam around a city street while you are distracted by work? :mad

I was never happy in the 4 or so years of seeing this dog roam, but as far as I knew it was friendly and I was also fairly certain it had been reported several times before for being on the street (periodically it has been on a long lead, temporarily) & yet it still was out every day.

After this situation, finding out the hard way it is actually territorial and aggressive, I will be calling them every time I see it.

Aztec Gold, hopefully you will manage to avoid it. If your street is really bad, you can always drive your pup to a safer area to walk it. :)

:hug: glad that you and Honey are ok!!

Thanks. Honey I think saw the whole situation as a way to milk more pats!! The council staff/rangers were very obliging! :laugh:

I took her to the park afterwards and she seemed unbothered by the other dogs. Thankfully she is pretty chilled.

Edited by dee lee

The neighbours %^*&*s of dog's charged mine on Sunday morning as we left our yard. No real damage (as unfortunately they stayed just outside of kicking range), but two dogs charging and snarling with their hackles up none-the-less.

It's not the first time and I let rip, seriously, these dogs are out continuously! And the dickhead neighbours response? That he didn't appreciate my language and that he can't help it that his kids forget to close the gate all the time.:mad

Seriously? Put a padlock on the gate then moron! Or even better, watch your bloody kids. Well I was too angry to lecture him on that so just told him that he deserved a kick to the head. Ooops...

I'm still debating on whether or not it's worth reporting. On the upside, I think the whole street learnt a few choice new words :lollipop:

Yep. City of Sydney. Big thumbs up to them. :thumbsup:

How scary, poor Honey. I'm glad you did something about it but I would say, watch out for the owner next time you walk past. I'm sure he will know who dobbed him in. I wouldn't walk past his place without OH if I were you...at least until the storm blows over.

I did think about that, but he didn't see anything other than my head quickly peeking around the corner yelling at him.

Fortunately its a very high foot traffic area with lots of stroppy ladies and lots of GRs around. ;)

I think I will be ok. :)

Dee lee, I also think you've done heaps of people a favour. I hope your goldie's OK.

SK, I can't get over the bloke being more worried about your language, than his 2 dogs snarling & rushing you. Very strange set of priorities he has. Whatever happened to being mortified because your dogs were scaring someone witless...in a public place?

thank goodness Honey is ok! Same cannot be said about my friends cattle dog who hasnt had the most pleasent start to life anyway. He is nearly three and was only JUST getting good with other dogs who had play dates with him. The other day my friend took them up the back to feed the ponies - as she always does, and he walked over to the fence where two MONSTER pigging dogs grabbed him through the fence and tried to drag him through the bigger holes in the dog wire :eek: the vet said that he had NEVER seen such injuries on a LIVE animal!! They pretty much had to reconstruct his whole throat and there were many times when it looked like he was not going to pull through :( he is on the mend but the next 10 days are critical! My friends hubby told the neighbours they had one week to get rid of them or he was going over with the gun! what do people expect when they TRAIN these dogs to KILL?!?! why are people so stupid :mad

I've started doing something about it when my dog gets attacked - generally nothing can be done other than making a report due to lack of details but at least there is a report.

I'd had enough of a GSD who stalked and rushed (and attacked once) - I knew where they lived so they got a warning.

Reported two small dogs (IG or Whips) and a ACD/RR cross who rushed and attacked him 2 weeks ago - they came around a corner and just rushed us. Owner did nothing and told me my dog was big enough to look after himself and that it was only a nibble (ah no, skin was broken)....

Luckily my dog has always bounced back but how long will I be lucky for? I sadly seem to have a dog who has a target on his head but he does nothing to draw the attention.

so bloody frustrating isn't it - it isn't hard people keep your dogs under control - what part of that is so ahrd for these morons to understand??

Glad Honey is okay and Danois, hope your boy continues not caring about otehr dogs, even if stupid people allow theirs to harass him. It's just a nibble - for goodness sakes!

I felt like telling him to bring his dog over to mine and I'd show him what would happen if my dane nibbled his dog!

Oh! And he told me off for using offensive language - I may have said 'get your f&* dog away from him before I kick it away'...

I cannot for the world of me understand that people find it acceptable for their dogs to "nibble", posture at, growl at or stalk someone elses dog!!!!

Nibble for goodness sakes, just him using that word would have annoyed the crap out of me. One "nibble" on my Whippet could mean a decent stitch up!!!

I am suprised that was all you said!

What is with that?

Your dog attacks another dog, you don't JUSTIFY it or ignore it- at the very least you APOLOGISE!! Profusely.

There are so many idiot owners out there. :mad

I had to laugh the other day though. I had a minor victory at the park.

There was a really annoying BC cross who had started harassing & bullying Honey.

It bailed her up against me and I had to intervene, yelling at it to "get out". The owner of course said "don't worry, she won't bite" :mad

So I informed her that if it scared my dog enough, she just might & so could she get her dog away!!

She hurriedly grabbed her dog.

Since then, everytime I see this woman she looks terrified, grabs her dog and walks to the other side of the park! :laugh:

Of course Honey doesnt even look their way! Blooming idiot.