Poor Puppy And The Rpsca

DaisyDog

We live diagonally from a man who beats his dog. The man only has one leg and bashes it with his crutches. So we called the RSPCA. They weren't interested as we didn't have evidence. The man vanished (gossip is either rehab or gaol) a few weeks ago and left the poor thing tied to the clothesline. In -1+ degree nights with no shelter. We didn't know this until we looked over the fence after a week of howling and crying. Called the RSPCA and got someone out the next day (called sunday) who moved the dog and made it some shelter. It still cried, we worked out that there's nobody living there at all. Today we looked over the fence again (6 foot fence) but where it's been moved to means we can't see it. But our next door neighbour can look through a hole in her fence and saw the poor thing is totally tangled up; can't move, sit or lie down, can't reach it's water and doesn't appear to even have a food bowl. We both called the RSPCA, apparently there were already 2 other reports made about the dog today but they didn't consider it urgent. My neighbour told them it looked like the dog could choke and suddenly it's an urgent report.

I just can't believe they didn't confiscate her already. Makes me so so mad. /rant

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed something is done about this situation and the puppy can be rescued.

The RSPCA are fence sitters.. tied by their legs with legal crap!

Sorry but I am over the RSPCA, not only with situations like that but also adoption etc..

I have many stories especially regarding neglected horses.

We called the council this morning as well, they said they can't enter the yard at all. only RSPCA or Police can. My neighbour tried to go untangle her but said she acted aggressively toward her. I imagine she's just a very scared little girl.

We called the council this morning as well, they said they can't enter the yard at all. only RSPCA or Police can. My neighbour tried to go untangle her but said she acted aggressively toward her. I imagine she's just a very scared little girl.

Well call the police and get council there with a catchpole..

Get the camera out, takes pics and then free the dog. Approach it calmly and make a makeshift muzzle using a soft dog lead. Muzzle it and then set about freeing the dog. It will probably take two people but if you can muzzle it, you'll be fine

RSPCA are a waste of space.

Poor pup, Hope he is saved soon. I would call the police I think. Seems like all other avenues have been used. Wonder how friendly he is?

Shame if he 'got loose' one night & you just happened to find him ;) There is so much red tape BS with any organisation whether it be the RSPCA or

whoever, mean while little mate is suffering BIG TIME :swear: Makes me sooooooo angry too!!

I'd be a little unsure of going in and freeing the dog.

What if the police/rspca/etc come and question to why the dog is free when stated earlier the dog wasn't? They'd be questioning you over it a bit.

I'd not risk trespassing.. I would bash at the RSPCA, police etc.. and threaten with media..

But in saying that it doesn't mean i don't care for the dog involved.

My blood is boiling here.Yes what poodlefan says;I would jump the fence get the poor thing out and speak to the council....To **** with the !!!!! RSPCA.

I would jump the fence also and get the dog.

Worse case scenario, Take it to the pound (especially if it is chipped) and put ur name down to

save it or rescue it.

My blood is boiling here.Yes what poodlefan says;I would jump the fence get the poor thing out and speak to the council....To **** with the !!!!! RSPCA.

I would jump the fence also and get the dog.

Worse case scenario, Take it to the pound (especially if it is chipped) and put ur name down to

save it or rescue it.

I'm with you !!! ;)

A few years ago when I had crazy neighbours (they moved, thank goodness) they went away for a few days in the height of summer, (nearly 40d) and left a large dog locked in a tin shed. After hearing it crying for 24 hours I went and checked. Poor thing had no water or food so I took it into my place. The next episode was they went away again, this time for a week, left a Pom pup tied on the back verandah (big dog had vanished by this time). More crying and squealing so collected this one. They came back, looked for the pup, came into my place and got a big earful. They reported me to the police for trespass. The police called in and when they heard what happened they said they could charge them with cruelty. Against the law to leave dogs unattended. I'd be risking it anytime to help any animal.