How Many Pit Bulls Are There In Australia?

sandgrubber

55 members have voted

1. 1. How many pureblood pit bulls are there in Australia?

• Less than 500
    • 500 to 1000
    • 1000 to 5000
    • 5000 to 10,000
    • >10,000

A young guy I worked with earlier this year imported a Pit Bull pup and got it in to Australia by lying and saying it was an American Staffy.

You beleive this becuase he told you so?LOL.A lot of people claim a lot of things many of them not true.So a young guy with limited resources spends $10,000 to import an American pitbull Terrier when he can get one down the road for $500, yeah right.

Not to mention it involves the person at the other end sticking their neck out and lying and risking their livliehood and or prosecution which in America means jail time to send some know nothing kid a dog.I dont think so.Yes it can be done but it wasnt done by this young bloke you speak of.Think about it.

Nope, originally I called his bluff and pointed out almost exactly what you stated... but I had to eat my words when he showed us all photos of his "hunting" dogs and his (must admit, very cute) pup was there in print for all to see! When I asked how he managed it all he told me was his brother lives in the US and "where there is a will there is a way". I told him he was a total w@nka and a few other choice words.

Unfortunately he hardly has limited resources either. He's 22 and already a $200k plus earner in the mines as a Geotechnical Engineer... money that I could only dream of being on.. LoL.

So he showed you a pic of a pup and that makes it true?Lol.

Ok, no it doesn't make it true...I lied. He lied. The photo of him and his pup (and his girlfriend I think it was)in the red dirt of Kalgoorlie was most obviously photoshopped.... happy now?! Oh, and the other dudes in the office who have been out shooting with him lied too... lol, probably because he has lots of guns and to argue with him would probably mean a bullet in the foot (just joking).

Gosh, I was just telling that it happened. He has contacts... most obviously not very reputable ones. I 150% don't agree with what he did, but he did it.

***sigh*** I knewI should have taken him up on the offer to "prove it" to me, but I didn't want to give him the pleasure of standing me corrected when I told him there was no way he would get one into Australia, especially after seeing the photos and others backing him up.

It is worrying thought that if it can happen just how often is it happening?!

Just ETA... sorry my response was a bit rude. Am very pregnant and cranky... I don't blame anyone for doubting it. I probably would too.

If I had the cash, i'd import a Dogo Argintino...I dont buy into the BSL crap..and if your mate imported a Pure Bred Pittbul bred to a standard and stable rather then one of the basterdised pittys here in Australia thay run the risk of being humen aggresive..because the BYB standard is I want it to have locak jaw and be massive... Then he is probably more responcible then most....

Massive assumptions on my part, but just looking at the otherside od the coin..

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A young guy I worked with earlier this year imported a Pit Bull pup and got it in to Australia by lying and saying it was an American Staffy.

You beleive this becuase he told you so?LOL.A lot of people claim a lot of things many of them not true.So a young guy with limited resources spends $10,000 to import an American pitbull Terrier when he can get one down the road for $500, yeah right.

Not to mention it involves the person at the other end sticking their neck out and lying and risking their livliehood and or prosecution which in America means jail time to send some know nothing kid a dog.I dont think so.Yes it can be done but it wasnt done by this young bloke you speak of.Think about it.

What about a dual registered dog?

I have no doubts that they are still imported.

If I had the cash, i'd import a Dogo Argintino...I dont buy into the BSL crap..and if your mate imported a Pure Bred Pittbul bred to a standard and stable rather then one of the basterdised pittys here in Australia thay run the risk of being humen aggresive..because the BYB standard is I want it to have locak jaw and be massive... Then he is probably more responcible then most....

Massive assumptions on my part, but just looking at the otherside od the coin..

Your post made no sense, but there Is no such thing as lock jaw :laugh:

There are no more dual registered dogs being allowed to be newly registered, as of I think a year or 2 now

http://thebullyforum.com/showthread.php?t=6560

That might be what Ali is talking about? except for lock jaw rubbish but he /she might be talking what the BYB idiots think?

Although that is not the APBT and not claimed to be, it's an entire new construct, but since the import thing only relates to purebreed examples well that's the way the cookie crumbles, the dog shows they have in US outstrip AKC events from what I have read, sure have a big following for that style of dog. Because we seem to love everything US culture Aus shouldnt be far behind.

Not a good thing, and I don't agree with it, but Aus is Aus , we don't set trends we follow them it seems.

Edited by -GT-

Nope, originally I called his bluff and pointed out almost exactly what you stated... but I had to eat my words when he showed us all photos of his "hunting" dogs and his (must admit, very cute) pup was there in print for all to see! When I asked how he managed it all he told me was his brother lives in the US and "where there is a will there is a way". I told him he was a total w@nka and a few other choice words.

Unfortunately he hardly has limited resources either. He's 22 and already a $200k plus earner in the mines as a Geotechnical Engineer... money that I could only dream of being on.. LoL.

So he showed you a pic of a pup and that makes it true?Lol.

Ok, no it doesn't make it true...I lied. He lied. The photo of him and his pup (and his girlfriend I think it was)in the red dirt of Kalgoorlie was most obviously photoshopped.... happy now?! Oh, and the other dudes in the office who have been out shooting with him lied too... lol, probably because he has lots of guns and to argue with him would probably mean a bullet in the foot (just joking).

Gosh, I was just telling that it happened. He has contacts... most obviously not very reputable ones. I 150% don't agree with what he did, but he did it.

***sigh*** I knewI should have taken him up on the offer to "prove it" to me, but I didn't want to give him the pleasure of standing me corrected when I told him there was no way he would get one into Australia, especially after seeing the photos and others backing him up.

It is worrying thought that if it can happen just how often is it happening?!

Just ETA... sorry my response was a bit rude. Am very pregnant and cranky... I don't blame anyone for doubting it. I probably would too.

No need to apologise I am just rather cynical.Thats becuase I have heaqrd it all before now and I have been around the block once or twice.